Filter in library
Hi, is there any solution to get string from inputed filter text? I know that input text has id=310 in dialogkeybord.xml but after it is close, the control is no longer available. Next I suppose I could get it by Control.GetLabel from filter radiobutton id=19 but I only get () and (*). Any ideas?
AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
() and (*) are it's On and Off states.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?
Hitcher Wrote:() and (*) are it's On and Off states.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Yes I know that. As I wrote I want to get string from filter so I can put it in my movie layout and says: Movies Library, Sort by Tite, Filter: "X-m"

So I want this string. As I also wrote radiobutton with id 19 (builtin control) after type some filter text in dialogkeyboard has this label under self, but I don't know how to get it. I could for example make this radiobutton without any texture and use it as a label and put it in some grouplist but it always align to right! I can't change it.

I also find that skins I checked as Confluence and Transparency has overlaping text with radiobutton filter gfx so I suppose some change has been done in last releases. See yourself.
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
Yes I see the same thing with Revisited.
The filter is available from a window property (Window.Property("filter") I think?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Window.Property(filter)

Thank you! Smile

P.S. I found a lot of parameters in skins not included into manual. When it will be updated?
mstef Wrote:P.S. I found a lot of parameters in skins not included into manual. When it will be updated?

when you or anyone one else ads them ? the wiki is open to editing
Thanks, another minor addition that makes a lot of difference.

Jezz_X Wrote:when you or anyone one else ads them ? the wiki is open to editing

I thought that api manual is updated by developers. I could do it by myself but I'm not feel strong in this yet as I'm rookie in skinning (less than a month).
mstef Wrote:I thought that api manual is updated by developers. I could do it by myself but I'm not feel strong in this yet as I'm rookie in skinning (less than a month).
Just go for it and we'll all benefit. Wink
mstef Wrote:I thought that api manual is updated by developers. I could do it by myself but I'm not feel strong in this yet as I'm rookie in skinning (less than a month).

mstef Wrote:I also find that skins I checked as Confluence and Transparency has overlaping text with radiobutton filter gfx so I suppose some change has been done in last releases. See yourself.

also, if you come across a bug like that,
feel free to open a trac ticket, otherwise chances are it'll never be fixed. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie, if you use textoffsetx you move the text away from radio indicator. As I can't remember that there was filter text display in this control before, I suppose this is new feature. So it make sense that this is not bug but result of adding new feature.
mstef Wrote:ronie, if you use textoffsetx you move the text away from radio indicator.

hmm...yeah, but it also affects the button label on the left, so not really an option.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
OK ticket is created http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10935

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Filter in library0