Kodi Community Forum
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV (/showthread.php?tid=229348)

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Hannes The Hun - 2015-10-14

(2015-10-12, 23:09)The39thstep Wrote: I have a Sony KDL55W805 , loaded Kodi from Google Play Store and picture is fine.Only problem I have is that films and Tv series from various addons play well with little stuttering and sound through a sound bar via optical is also good. However on add ons that broadcast live TV the sound drops out completely after about 30 seconds . I have enabled pass through on Kodi audio . Anyone got any suggestions?

I am having a hard time discussing add-on specific problems as long as we are not sure if it a) actually might be related to the add-on in question or b) the usual bandwidth/buffering problems

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - ZoranZ - 2015-10-14

@Hannes The Hun Thnx for quick answer/suggestion :-)

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - thanksXBMC - 2015-10-15

first rule of fight club........ do not talk about fight club......... my bad

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - berzi - 2015-10-15

(2015-10-14, 18:44)Hannes The Hun Wrote: @berzi please rephrase your question or try German with me, I just do not understand what you are talking about.

I updated the post.

German:
einige Videos werden dunkler nach dem die Overlays (vom TV oder auch von Kodi) ausgeblendet werden.

thanks/danke

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - adnankamal9 - 2015-10-16

hi, i had posted a question on this thread regarding streaming Live Tv on Kodi on sony KDL-43W800C. I guess someone didnt like the question and removed my post.
i just want to know how is the quality of kodi on sony android tv? if this is a difficult question for the geniuses then its ok but if there is someone who has some info then the feedback would be appreciated.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - DarrenHill - 2015-10-16

It was removed because you were asking about crappy piracy add-ons, which are Banned Add-ons (wiki) around here and against the rules to discuss.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - adnankamal9 - 2015-10-16

(2015-10-16, 14:27)DarrenHill Wrote: It was removed because you were asking about crappy piracy add-ons, which are Banned Add-ons (wiki) around here and against the rules to discuss.

Thanks for the info, I was not aware of the add-ons blacklist.
Anyways, since I already raised a query which does not mention any add-ons or anything, so I hope someone can update me with some feedback.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - m00k - 2015-10-19

Has anyone been able to get Kodi to stream native 4k properly yet? Can't get it to work for the life of me on a 65x8505c Sad Does Kodi even properly support 4k yet? If you go to settings in Kodi it still says that a 1920x1080p screen is being used aswell.

@berzi, my german isnt to great i just know what i pickup during my inlaw visits but it seems you are asking how to keep the image in Kodi from going dark when the interface/HUD is hidden. This is probably happening mostly with widescreen content (black bars up and bottom)?

Simply get black and contrast enhancers off Auto-mode, that should fix it.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Hannes The Hun - 2015-10-19

user interface always is rendered in 1080p, however it definitely should be possible for Kodi to decode&natively display supported 4k files (given hardware decoding is available). Netflix, Amazon or the integrated Sony player app do this quite well - I just don't know how these player apps access the hardware and tell Android to switch playback to 4k, the android developers section is a bit short on this. maybe the devs can get this working somehow if we buy them a 2015 Sony TV Wink

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Martijn - 2015-10-19

This needs some work to do it properly and having gui split in 1080p and playback to 4k is planned for v17

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - m00k - 2015-10-19

(2015-10-19, 21:07)Hannes The Hun Wrote: user interface always is rendered in 1080p, however it definitely should be possible for Kodi to decode&natively display supported 4k files (given hardware decoding is available). Netflix, Amazon or the integrated Sony player app do this quite well - I just don't know how these player apps access the hardware and tell Android to switch playback to 4k, the android developers section is a bit short on this. maybe the devs can get this working somehow if we buy them a 2015 Sony TV Wink
Aye, if only Netflix had more then House of Cards in 4k available here in the Netherlands Wink or Amazon at all for that matter

(2015-10-19, 21:10)Martijn Wrote: This needs some work to do it properly and having gui split in 1080p and playback to 4k is planned for v17

Awesome to hear, thanks for the headsup. I can go stop fiddeling with it and go back to enjoying Kodi again and just save all the 4k stuff until V17! Big Grin

Thanks!

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - sobeknz - 2015-10-19

Hi, I just got a KDLW50800C yesterday. I had been using Kodi on my PC connected to old TV via VGA cable. New house, can't connect PC directly to TV now (different room), so got a TV with Kodi app. Is it fine just to add sources as Windows shares? (I've got 3 for movies and 3 for TV, all on internal HDs on PC). I assume the Kodi app will scape all the media and download the art and metadata to its internal storage? I can't find any info about this initial setup for local content for the Sony Android TV Kodi app, it's all about addons (which I've never played with). Any tips would be great. Thanks.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - greywolfnz - 2015-10-20

Just got my new KD-75X8500C and installed Kodi. Unfortunately none of the options for adding video sources are working.

Over NFS, I can see the shares, but not anything in them.
Over SMB, Kodi just throws an error when I try to select the wrokgroup.
For local storage, I have no idea what file path the TV is mounting USB drives on, so I can't find the videos.
Over UPnP Kodi sees the videos and loads the metadata, but won't play anything.

*All* of these methods work fine on my other Kodi devices (linux, OS X, Windows 10, Openelec Raspberry pi 2), but not on the TV.

I'm stuck. The TVs own players don't want to playback my mkvs, either.

Can anyone offer any insight?

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - drewg - 2015-10-20

Hi,

My main TV just died, and I'm thinking about an 85C to replace it.

My question is: How good is Mpeg2 playback via Kodi? Does the Sony Android TV expose hardware acceleration for Mpeg2 to Kodi? Does it support proper deinterlacing of 1080i ?

About 1/2 my content is US ATSC format over the air recording (Mpeg2 1080i or 720p) recorded by SageTV (similar to MythTV). I've owned several Android based TV devices (ADT-1, fire stick, Nexus player, Nvidia Shield) , and such recordings typically play back horribly unless the device has support for hardware acceleration of Mpeg2. The only Android TV device I've seen perform decently on this is the Shield (I got rid of the Nexus before the M upgrade).

Thanks,
Drew

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - sobeknz - 2015-10-20

greywolfnz - what's the error you get when you select Windows Network as a source and select the workgroup? Do you put credentials in at this point? Can't see why the TV would need any different permissions than other devices.
I added my PC shares as sources last night, went pretty smoothly, I was impressed how quickly it scrapped everything. Interface was a bit slow, but I think that was because it was still scraping\downloading.