Kodi Community Forum
Release Eminence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Release Eminence (/showthread.php?tid=187071)

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2015-01-23

(2015-01-23, 01:03)morningbus Wrote:
(2015-01-22, 22:35)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-01-22, 18:53)locomot1f Wrote: I had this too. but it only happened once.

did either of you manually update files in the skin.eminence folder before installing the repo version?

once I copied over my changes to the repo version, things worked out.

think there might be issues with guisetting.xml file, and updating to the repo version.... which would be normal.
There were no changes made to the homescreen - all changes are documented in the changelog. The only changes that happened were things necessary for repo inclusion. Basically there were changes to the epg because I was forced to add the other epg views (now - next - channels) eventhough i really didnt want to and the change to the weather where I accidentally uploaded the file with a typo in it. Any other problems that have cropped up between the versions is likely due to something going wrong on update as I didnt change any other files and its working fine on my end (run official repo version on my htpc on openelec 5)

So... this is a fun one. I went and checked the other epg views you were forced to add and I'm now stuck in an unpopulated screen with no ability to switch back to the normal epg view (pressing the back button just leads to the hub instead of bringing up the context menu). I switched over to confluence and switched it back there and switched back to eminence, but it is still stuck there.

Any idea how to get back to the epg view? Also any chance some failsafe could be worked into it just in case this accidentally happens?
Ah the epg channels view that only shows content when something is playing. Best way to get out of it is to start a channel via tv channels then go to epg and press right to bring up the side blade and cycle through the views. Next update im going to add an option to disable these views because they cause more frustration than they are worth imo.

RE: Eminence - morningbus - 2015-01-23

(2015-01-23, 01:21)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-01-23, 01:03)morningbus Wrote:
(2015-01-22, 22:35)jurialmunkey Wrote: There were no changes made to the homescreen - all changes are documented in the changelog. The only changes that happened were things necessary for repo inclusion. Basically there were changes to the epg because I was forced to add the other epg views (now - next - channels) eventhough i really didnt want to and the change to the weather where I accidentally uploaded the file with a typo in it. Any other problems that have cropped up between the versions is likely due to something going wrong on update as I didnt change any other files and its working fine on my end (run official repo version on my htpc on openelec 5)

So... this is a fun one. I went and checked the other epg views you were forced to add and I'm now stuck in an unpopulated screen with no ability to switch back to the normal epg view (pressing the back button just leads to the hub instead of bringing up the context menu). I switched over to confluence and switched it back there and switched back to eminence, but it is still stuck there.

Any idea how to get back to the epg view? Also any chance some failsafe could be worked into it just in case this accidentally happens?
Ah the epg channels view that only shows content when something is playing. Best way to get out of it is to start a channel via tv channels then go to epg and press right to bring up the side blade and cycle through the views. Next update im going to add an option to disable these views because they cause more frustration than they are worth imo.

Whew! Thank you so much for the assist. I was starting to go a little crazy trying to figure out how to switch it back.

And yeah, I definitely agree that the views are a little worthless and far more trouble than they're worth.

RE: Eminence - baggar11 - 2015-01-23

I've got a fresh build of Arch + Kodi + Eminence(from git) and I was wondering if it would be possible to add back in the favorites tile? Unless I'm just not seeing it, I can't seem to figure out a way to get the favorites tile back on the home screen. Thanks!

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2015-01-23

(2015-01-23, 04:18)baggar11 Wrote: I've got a fresh build of Arch + Kodi + Eminence(from git) and I was wondering if it would be possible to add back in the favorites tile? Unless I'm just not seeing it, I can't seem to figure out a way to get the favorites tile back on the home screen. Thanks!
See the FAQ on first page.

RE: Eminence - baggar11 - 2015-01-23

Oh sorry, didn't see that and I even did a search. Thanks, that worked.

RE: Eminence - ReducedToZero - 2015-01-23

I have no asks, I just wanted to say thanks for Eminence,

Really loving it in daily use Nod

RE: Eminence - SQLDBA - 2015-01-23

I've been using this skin for almost a year now - really great stuff! I have one suggestion for the select dialog to fix an issue I've noticed. Some plugins have long titles for their select dialog header text that don't render so well in Eminence. For example, here's the US TV VOD select dialog for matching a show in Confluence:

In Eminence, however, the text is cut off:

I made a short term fix by enabling word wrapping in DialogSelect.xml so at least it looks a little better:

But there's still a visual problem that the slider at the bottom of the screen overlaps the select dialog and in some cases you'll get text from each that runs together.

What do you think about making the select dialog layout more like the Confluence layout with the header text at the top so it's got more room to display the entire text?

RE: Eminence - hosko - 2015-01-24

I'm having issues installing Eminence on my HummingBoard running OpenElec 5. It isn't listed in the skin addons, I tried to install it from a zip and I'm told the dependencies aren't met, I tried to install all the addons needed but I'm still being told the dependencies aren't met. Any suggestions?

Edit - I'm stupid and should have force refreshed the Kodi add on repository. Nothing to see here walk away

RE: Eminence - xioSlayer - 2015-01-24

I love this skin! thank you.

However, on my main menu, where it shows 23 movies - 14 episodes - 456 songs, etc, is there a way to edit this via the XML files? i can't seem to find it. Thanks.

RE: Eminence - jbaconbits - 2015-01-24

Bringing up the osd of Fire TV is pretty laggy and causes the UI to hitch (doesn't happen on Gotham version) but other than that it seems to work fine.

EDIT: hmm just uninstalled the github and installed the repo version and it seems to have fixed the issues

RE: Eminence - acelove - 2015-01-26

With the new version for KODI 14.0. I've noticed that in Hubs, there isn't any way to add addition custom items. Using 13.2 I was able to keep all the standard stuff like Recently Added, Search,Genres and still be able to add new custom items, the standard stuff just dropped below, which was great.

The thing is, I still use all the standard stuff, so in order to have custom items, I have to sacrifice Genres, Playlist and Files.

Is this by design, or am I missing something? A way to add Custom Item 8 for example?

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2015-01-26

(2015-01-23, 21:00)SQLDBA Wrote: I've been using this skin for almost a year now - really great stuff! I have one suggestion for the select dialog to fix an issue I've noticed. Some plugins have long titles for their select dialog header text that don't render so well in Eminence. For example, here's the US TV VOD select dialog for matching a show in Confluence:

What do you think about making the select dialog layout more like the Confluence layout with the header text at the top so it's got more room to display the entire text?
Yeah I'm thinking about reimaging a lot of the dialogs as there a few issues with how they are currently. I have a few ideas that I'm trialling.

(2015-01-24, 08:03)xioSlayer Wrote: I love this skin! thank you.

However, on my main menu, where it shows 23 movies - 14 episodes - 456 songs, etc, is there a way to edit this via the XML files? i can't seem to find it. Thanks.
Everything for the header is in Includes_Header.xml
I'm interested in hearing ideas about alternatives for what can be shown on the sub header line on the home screen as this is a common thing that people want to change.

(2015-01-26, 00:42)acelove Wrote: With the new version for KODI 14.0. I've noticed that in Hubs, there isn't any way to add addition custom items. Using 13.2 I was able to keep all the standard stuff like Recently Added, Search,Genres and still be able to add new custom items, the standard stuff just dropped below, which was great.

The thing is, I still use all the standard stuff, so in order to have custom items, I have to sacrifice Genres, Playlist and Files.

Is this by design, or am I missing something? A way to add Custom Item 8 for example?
No you can only edit the items currently. I do plan to add the ability to add extra items but it is going to take a fair bit of coding work to achieve it in the way I want to (ability to move items around and insert items etc.)

RE: Eminence - acelove - 2015-01-26

(2015-01-26, 01:08)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-01-23, 21:00)SQLDBA Wrote: I've been using this skin for almost a year now - really great stuff! I have one suggestion for the select dialog to fix an issue I've noticed. Some plugins have long titles for their select dialog header text that don't render so well in Eminence. For example, here's the US TV VOD select dialog for matching a show in Confluence:

Yeah I'm thinking about reimaging a lot of the dialogs as there a few issues with how they are currently. I have a few ideas that I'm trialling.

Everything for the header is in Includes_Header.xml
I'm interested in hearing ideas about alternatives for what can be shown on the sub header line on the home screen as this is a common thing that people want to change.

(2015-01-26, 00:42)acelove Wrote: With the new version for KODI 14.0. I've noticed that in Hubs, there isn't any way to add addition custom items. Using 13.2 I was able to keep all the standard stuff like Recently Added, Search,Genres and still be able to add new custom items, the standard stuff just dropped below, which was great.

No you can only edit the items currently. I do plan to add the ability to add extra items but it is going to take a fair bit of coding work to achieve it in the way I want to (ability to move items around and insert items etc.)

Cool. I'll just wait about then, add the custom to my Home Screen for now. Thanks Smile

As for "I'm interested in hearing ideas about alternatives for what can be shown on the sub header line on the home screen as this is a common thing that people want to change."

I just though then, maybe an option to remove ones you don't use (I dont use XBMC for music), so to hide 0 Songs would be great. Also maybe a way to have show many new episodes have just been added with the last 24 hours. That would be cool, can see how many shows downloaded over night, if any Smile

RE: Eminence - wrxtasy - 2015-01-26

And here is an Includes_Header.xml file I prepared earlier, ya just gotta know where to look Wink

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204457&pid=1864666#pid1864666

RE: Eminence - Quiptix - 2015-01-26

Since the skin is Helix only, I upgraded everything.
I'm happy... (should make a song of it, maybe it could be for months in the charts Wink )

One glitch...: When a message popup (top right corner) the light-blue background isn't there anymore and is this a transparent pop-up.
Is this adjustable, a glitch, a feature?

Vincent