Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - bgiglio - 2019-06-02

I'm struggling with getting new "smart playlists" from loading like the video in the first post. 

How can I get a smart widget to show up the specific "netflix" like styles, such as "Netflix originals"?

Additionally, how can I show a widget with shows in progress? 

Love the skin, thanks a lot.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-06-02

(2019-06-02, 08:17)bgiglio Wrote: I'm struggling with getting new "smart playlists" from loading like the video in the first post. 

How can I get a smart widget to show up the specific "netflix" like styles, such as "Netflix originals"?

Next episodes via Default Episodes > Skin Helper Service widgets will do In progress shows. I believe Netflix Originals etc are in playlists.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-06-02

(2019-06-02, 08:17)bgiglio Wrote: I'm struggling with getting new "smart playlists" from loading like the video in the first post. 

You have to either use a smart playlist or you can use Tags and use one or the other as your widget. I made the Netflix Originals widget by creating a custom Tag and added all the Netflix tv shows to it. Video_library_tags (wiki) if you want a specific set of shows to show up in your widget give it a unique name if you name it something like drama all existing shows with that tag will show up in the widget.

For the In Progress TV Shows you will want to go to skin settings/Configure shortcuts/Edit menu shortcuts/Widgets/Library/TVShows/In Progress I believe trying to do it from memory not near my hub at the moment. Then you can rename it to Continue Watching.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-06-02

(2019-06-02, 11:18)louisefindlay23 Wrote:

Next episodes via Default Episodes > Skin Helper Service widgets will do In progress shows. I believe Netflix Originals etc are in playlists.  

true but the skin helper widgets are much slower loading than if you make your own.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Video Titles - 2019-06-02

(2019-05-31, 15:01)cartman.dos Wrote: Guys, a little short on time but just to be clear here you can have in home up to 40 widgets with vertical fixed focus and more without atm, it doesn't matter which shortcut you're assigning the widget they will all appear on home. Only the hubs are limited up to 8.

Thank you for pointing that out, I have now translated from smart human to dumb human.

In settings > Skin Settings > Home Screen Layout > Widgets > Show All Widgets (detach from main menu focus)

If you have this set to off it will only show 8 widgets that you have set up on the home page. 

If you have this set to on, then it will show every single widget from all categories that you have set up such as movies, TV etc

I shall play with this further, and the other options as far as I can, but in the future I want to upgrade my SSD to a 1 terrabyte drive, so I am wasting my time at the moment, getting it to how I want it, but it is fun experimenting with an excellent mod.

(2019-06-02, 13:49)cscott1 Wrote:

You have to either use a smart playlist or you can use Tags and use one or the other as your widget. I made the Netflix Originals widget by creating a custom Tag and added all the Netflix tv shows to it. Video_library_tags (wiki) if you want a specific set of shows to show up in your widget give it a unique name if you name it something like drama all existing shows with that tag will show up in the widget.

For the In Progress TV Shows you will want to go to skin settings/Configure shortcuts/Edit menu shortcuts/Widgets/Library/TVShows/In Progress I believe trying to do it from memory not near my hub at the moment. Then you can rename it to Continue Watching. 
How would I use a "tag" and add all netflix shows to it?

I've been searching for hours on a good "smart playlist" tutorial, but I'm a bit lost. I tried to put "netflix" as the studio, and nothing came up. So I'm just missing the understanding of how to add shows or genres, etc to a tag, or smart playlist. 

If you do the "tag" method, is this a manual process? I'd like for all new netflix shows to show up automatically. If I'm understanding this, I'll have to go to each show and tag it individually?

Appreciate the info.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - BiudreuN - 2019-06-02

Hi, could it be possible to place a button at the end of each widget to redirect you to the playlist from which that widget was taken?
And also, to be able to speed up the skin a bit, you could use the favorites as "my list" and have them in widgets separated by content. That way, together with the button, they would load faster and you would still have access to the content.
And do you know something about how long it will take for the skin to migrate from the use of addons for the widgets and only pass to the playlist? Thank you.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Video Titles - 2019-06-02

A smart playlist for Netflix would be based on the studio. However, not all TV shows or movies are listed as Netflix, you have some that fall from the radar.

However, sorry for saying this, I was going to say the same to someone else earlier today, but I stopped myself from typing. Your question has nothing to do with the skin, it annoys me that you have asked a question here, rather than in general thread. The reason being is not just you,  but others do as well, and it makes it a lot harder to find help when you have to go through needless non skin related questions.

(2019-06-02, 23:21)Video Titles Wrote: A smart playlist for Netflix would be based on the studio. However, not all TV shows or movies are listed as Netflix, you have some that fall from the radar.

However, sorry for saying this, I was going to say the same to someone else earlier today, but I stopped myself from typing. Your question has nothing to do with the skin, it annoys me that you have asked a question here, rather than in general thread. The reason being is not just you,  but others do as well, and it makes it a lot harder to find help when you have to go through needless non skin related questions.

If you're directing that last part at me, I'll disagree. I referenced my original post to try and emulate the video that is in the first post of this skin.

In the video, there are descriptions of the skin showing smart playlists with "Star Trek" and "Netflix Originals". I'm trying to integrate these into this skin and asking the specific questions in the thread where I see numerous people asking similar questions. I registered for the site, specifically because of this skin. 

I keep reading that you shouldn't use widgets from addons and setup smart playlists due to latency. Again - I'm looking for a better guide to setup the skin with the widgets. YouTube isn't helping either. 

I'll do the research, if you say it's in this 117 page thread.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-06-03

(2019-06-02, 23:39)bgiglio Wrote:
(2019-06-02, 23:21)Video Titles Wrote: A smart playlist for Netflix would be based on the studio. However, not all TV shows or movies are listed as Netflix, you have some that fall from the radar.

If you're directing that last part at me, I'll disagree. I referenced my original post to try and emulate the video that is in the first post of this skin.

In the video, there are descriptions of the skin showing smart playlists with "Star Trek" and "Netflix Originals". I'm trying to integrate these into this skin and asking the specific questions in the thread where I see numerous people asking similar questions. I registered for the site, specifically because of this skin. 

I keep reading that you shouldn't use widgets from addons and setup smart playlists due to latency. Again - I'm looking for a better guide to setup the skin with the widgets. YouTube isn't helping either. 

I learned kodi features a lil here and there some things while using Confluence some things in Aeon Nox other elements in Estuary and the most difficult of all has been Titan and its Mods, so I feel your pain. Your questions are Kodi feature questions but are skin related. I don't mind helping out because lots of folks have helped me along the way with similar inquiries when I was stumped and google and youtube didn't get the job done.

If you are trying to use "addons" keep in mind you have to use addon Library integration to avoid the latency issues you referred to. I'm not going to post a link to any specific addon library integration guides you will have to do the "research" on that one yourself but there are lots of tutorials a quick google search will turn up. Once you get your Kodi Library set up linked to your preferred addon you can add multiple shows or movies at once by using trakt linked lists.

You didn't say what you are using as your media source but if it is addons you cant make smart playlists or Tags linked to addon sources without adding them to your Kodi Library first. 

To answer you question about the Tags yes you have to manually add them and you can use studios in a smart playlist for a similar widget but as another poster already mentioned lots of them "will fall under the radar"...  it is a bit of a chore adding all the shows to a Tag but once you create the tag you can go in and make changes to it add or delete shows as you see fit. As far as the shows automatically showing up that's not going to happen without a Netflix subscription and even if you do use the Netflix addon as a widget you will still have the latency issue you have with all addon linked widgets. What I do is periodically check to see what's new and add 3 or 4 shows at a time first to my Kodi Library then to my Netflix Originals Tag only takes a few minutes.

You really can make Bingie work almost identical to Netflix but you will have to put some work into it periodically its not going to be automatic.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-06-03

(2019-06-03, 13:13)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-02, 23:39)bgiglio Wrote:

I learned kodi features a lil here and there some things while using Confluence some things in Aeon Nox other elements in Estuary and the most difficult of all has been Titan and its Mods, so I feel your pain. Your questions are Kodi feature questions but are skin related. I don't mind helping out because lots of folks have helped me along the way with similar inquiries when I was stumped and google and youtube didn't get the job done.

If you are trying to use "addons" keep in mind you have to use addon Library integration to avoid the latency issues you referred to. I'm not going to post a link to any specific addon library integration guides you will have to do the "research" on that one yourself but there are lots of tutorials a quick google search will turn up. Once you get your Kodi Library set up linked to your preferred addon you can add multiple shows or movies at once by using trakt linked lists.

You didn't say what you are using as your media source but if it is addons you cant make smart playlists or Tags linked to addon sources without adding them to your Kodi Library first. 

To answer you question about the Tags yes you have to manually add them and you can use studios in a smart playlist for a similar widget but as another poster already mentioned lots of them "will fall under the radar"...  it is a bit of a chore adding all the shows to a Tag but once you create the tag you can go in a make changes to it add or delete shows as you see fit. As far as the shows automatically showing up that's not going to happen without a Netflix subscription and even if you do use the Netflix addon as a widget you will still have the latency issue you have with all addon linked widgets. What I do is periodically check to see what's new and add 3 or 4 shows at a time first to my Kodi Library then to my Netflix Originals Tag only takes a few minutes.

You really can make Bingie work almost identical to Netflix but you will have to put some work into it periodically its not going to be automatic.

Honestly with tiny media manager and artwork beef it's almost automated. And setting kodi scrapers correctly to get as much Metadata as possible. I have all Netflix tv/movie recognized as long as it is correct on tmdb/tvdb. But good points nonetheless.

(2019-06-03, 13:28)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-03, 13:13)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-02, 23:39)bgiglio Wrote: If you're directing that last part at me, I'll disagree. I referenced my original post to try and emulate the video that is in the first post of this skin.

To answer you question about the Tags yes you have to manually add them and you can use studios in a smart playlist for a similar widget but as another poster already mentioned lots of them "will fall under the radar"...  it is a bit of a chore adding all the shows to a Tag but once you create the tag you can go in a make changes to it add or delete shows as you see fit. As far as the shows automatically showing up that's not going to happen without a Netflix subscription and even if you do use the Netflix addon as a widget you will still have the latency issue you have with all addon linked widgets. What I do is periodically check to see what's new and add 3 or 4 shows at a time first to my Kodi Library then to my Netflix Originals Tag only takes a few minutes.

Honestly with tiny media manager and artwork beef it's almost automated. And setting kodi scrapers correctly to get as much Metadata as possible. I have all Netflix tv/movie recognized as long as it is correct on tmdb/tvdb. But good points nonetheless. 
What exactly does Tiny media manager do that kodis scrapers doesn't already do aside from being able to edit the metadata?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-06-03

(2019-06-03, 15:11)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-03, 13:28)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-03, 13:13)cscott1 Wrote: I learned kodi features a lil here and there some things while using Confluence some things in Aeon Nox other elements in Estuary and the most difficult of all has been Titan and its Mods, so I feel your pain. Your questions are Kodi feature questions but are skin related. I don't mind helping out because lots of folks have helped me along the way with similar inquiries when I was stumped and google and youtube didn't get the job done.

What exactly does Tiny media manager do that kodis scrapers doesn't already do aside from being able to edit the metadata? 
depending on how you set it up you can get more metadata (more sources) that will be written into the nfo, which kodi reads by default so it just filling the blanks. You can easily change all data (tags for ex.), it downloads movie trailers automatically and can be called by cmd command, so basically it will run when it's called, i just set it up and let it do its job.

(2019-06-03, 15:16)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-03, 15:11)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-03, 13:28)cartman.dos Wrote: Honestly with tiny media manager and artwork beef it's almost automated. And setting kodi scrapers correctly to get as much Metadata as possible. I have all Netflix tv/movie recognized as long as it is correct on tmdb/tvdb. But good points nonetheless.  
depending on how you set it up you can get more metadata (more sources) that will be written into the nfo, which kodi reads by default so it just filling the blanks. You can easily change all data (tags for ex.), it downloads movie trailers automatically and can be called by cmd command, so basically it will run when it's called, i just set it up and let it do its job. 
Sounds pretty cool I can see if you didn't have lots of memory on your device that runs kodi how some of those features might bog down your system like the having hundred of trailers automatically downloaded but that would definitely make Bingie more Netflixy with all the downloaded trailers for those who don't have to worry about memory limitations.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Video Titles - 2019-06-03

(2019-06-03, 15:28)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-03, 15:16)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-03, 15:11)cscott1 Wrote: What exactly does Tiny media manager do that kodis scrapers doesn't already do aside from being able to edit the metadata?  
Sounds pretty cool I can see if you didn't have lots of memory on your device that runs kodi how some of those features might bog down your system like the having hundred of trailers automatically downloaded but that would definitely make Bingie more Netflixy with all the downloaded trailers for those who don't have to worry about memory limitations. 

Tiny Media Manager does not download the trailers it stores them as youtube url's, you can download them if you want to, but Bingie will play trailers from the youtube urls. However, sometimes the trailers can sometimes be poor ones, such as not from official sources.

Kodi scraper is not worth using, unless you want to have miss matched videos in your library. Tiny Media Manager is the best scraper that I have found, and I only found it a couple of weeks ago, now I don't use anything else. I was using ember and media elch before that.