Kodi Community Forum
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support (/showthread.php?tid=120377)

RE: [RELEASE] TV Guide - Gatorfreak - 2012-05-28

Does the latest version work in dharma? I copied the new files over and it throws an error before even showing the TVGuide. I have it working fine with version 0.4.0.

RE: [RELEASE] TV Guide - trex - 2012-05-30

Hi.
Thx for your pluggins, it worked fine using an XMLTV file i found on the web.
Now the thing that would be nice : When i click on the gide it say : locate me a .strm file to watch the corresponding element.
But I already have an Add-on in XBMC that allow me to watch tv over Net. So Would it be possible to add another option than .strm file to allow indicate the path to a coresponding Add-on (like when you create a customize new menu in XBMC, you can tell your skin that the given new menu will point to this or that favourites) ? It would be realy nice !
I Don't know if I was clear, if not ask me to precise Smile

Edit : I have to investigate about that, but it seems, the logo didn't display though Sad
I have in gif and jpg format.
Maybe it is because of the XMLTV file taht reference them like that ?
Code:
<channel id="C1.telerama.fr">
    <display-name>TF1</display-name>
    <icon src="http://localhost/logo1.gif" />
  </channel>
?

Ok that was the issue cause i put instead the hardpath(E:\XBMC\...\logo\tf1.jpg) and the icon showed up. But hardpath is bad, and since tv guide ask for the directory of logos i guess i could put a relative path ? So please tell me the name of this adress Wink

Ok Well I guess i understand it.
The script don't look in my logo directory configured with the pluggin if the XML icon tag is present. And that is the case here.
And since my logo directory is not localhost then no icon found.
So I have to quote every icon tag for each channel.
And the nhe didn't work yet. *gif ou *jpg logo dont work for me but i tested *png and that worked.

New Edit ! : Now that I ifranview my *gif to *png logo, they are displayed, but the guide then bug and crash. If I change the directory of my logos to anoher an empty one, the guide work again.
So I guess it has some issue my loading my some of my logo ?

Ok I think I know why : The TV Guide bug on loading logo that contain accent in their label (the same as the channel name) like "France Ô" For exemple. I changed the XML channel name and *png label to France O without^ and no problem.
But this was to find out the bug.

Do you confirm that with accent in name the pluggin bug when dealing with logos ?

RE: [RELEASE] TV Guide - gillone - 2012-06-01

(2012-05-28, 14:00)gillone Wrote: I hope you guys can give me an idea how to use TV Guide with SOPCAST. I found that some strm's are not working for me - but on same channels I can use sopecast just fine.
Other than using DSPlayer with sopcast filter to play the sop:// link , is there any way to add the sop link to TV Guide just like strm ?

Just bumping my post here - any takers for this question ?

RE: [RELEASE] TV Guide - twinther - 2012-06-07

(2012-05-30, 12:34)trex Wrote: Do you confirm that with accent in name the pluggin bug when dealing with logos ?
Hi Trex,
Yes I think you are correct, I will investigate this problem and fix it.
Br.
Tommy

(2012-06-01, 15:00)gillone Wrote:
(2012-05-28, 14:00)gillone Wrote: I hope you guys can give me an idea how to use TV Guide with SOPCAST. I found that some strm's are not working for me - but on same channels I can use sopecast just fine.
Other than using DSPlayer with sopcast filter to play the sop:// link , is there any way to add the sop link to TV Guide just like strm ?

Just bumping my post here - any takers for this question ?

Hi gillone,
I'm not familiar with sopcast, but I as far as I can tell XBMC can't play sop:// natively, so you will probably have to do the trick with dsplayer.
Br.
Tommy

RE: [RELEASE] TV Guide - twinther - 2012-06-08

Hi guys,
I release a new version the other day. version 1.3.5. I includes many small improvemens and fixes as well as a new skin for Aeon Nox.
You have probably already gotten the update if you have the tv guide installed.

Version 1.3.5 - 2012-06-03
- Fixed key-repeat problem when re-ordering channels
- Fixed problem with parsing some XMLTV dates
- Detect custom skins that are not up-to-date
- Move timebar in a thread to always have it show current time
- Introduced support for external JSON (by kiler129)
- Sample format: see resources/sample-epg.json
- Sample code: http://pastebin.com/jW3FQdzy
- Introduced support for Weeb.Tv plugin (by kiler129)
- Added Polish translation (by kiler129)
- Some adjustments to the settings menu look (by kiler129)
- Improved error handling and recovery when the TV Guide database is broken
- Added Aeon Nox skin (thanks Lunatixz)

Also I'm starting to gear up for the next round of improvements. I'm thinking a lot about how to make it easier to configure live tv streams.
As a minimum I'm going to add support for choosing streams from favourites.xml, but I am hoping to include support for other addons somehow - I'm not sure how at the moment.

If you have any ideas on how to do this - or other ideas for how to configure the streams, please post a comment :-)

Thanks,
Tommy

RE: [RELEASE] TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support - dallasnights - 2012-06-10

Having problems using the XML I created for USA see below for errors and tell me how to fix please, thanks

07:30:13 T:207196160 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
07:30:15 T:212561920 NOTICE: Settings changed: True
07:30:15 T:212561920 NOTICE: [script.tvguide] Caching XMLTV file...
07:30:53 T:212561920 ERROR: Cache - Failed write to file /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.tvguide/xmltv.xmltv.tmp
07:30:58 T:212561920 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
07:30:58 T:212561920 ERROR: File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.buggalo/lib/buggalo.py", line 68, in wrap_in_try_except
07:30:58 T:212561920 ERROR: fn(*args, **kwargs)
07:30:58 T:212561920 ERROR: File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/twinther-script.tvguide-5e2b180/gui.py", line 76, in run
07:30:58 T:212561920 ERROR: source = src.instantiateSource(ADDON)
07:30:58 T:212561920 ERROR: File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/twinther-script.tvguide-5e2b180/source.py", line 819, in instantiateSource
07:30:58 T:212561920 ERROR: return activeSource(addon, cachePath)
07:30:58 T:212561920 ERROR: File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/twinther-script.tvguide-5e2b180/source.py", line 702, in __init__
07:30:58 T:212561920 ERROR: if not os.path.exists(self.xmlTvFile) or os.path.getsize(self.xmlTvFile) != os.path.getsize(tempFile):
07:30:58 T:212561920 ERROR: File "/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/genericpath.py", line 49, in getsize
07:30:58 T:212561920 ERROR: return os.stat(filename).st_size
07:30:58 T:212561920 ERROR: OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.tvguide/xmltv.xmltv.tmp'
07:31:11 T:804843520 WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://more/executable.tbn
07:31:12 T:147501056 ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/twinther-script.tvguide-5e2b180

RE: [RELEASE] TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support - twinther - 2012-06-10

Hi dallesnights,
I think this might happen if the xmltv doesn't exists in the path you defined in the settings. I'll make a fix in the code.
Can you take a look and let me know if this is the case?

Br.
Tommy

RE: [RELEASE] TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support - dallasnights - 2012-06-10

no the xmltv file is there in the /private/var/mobile/TV directory for sure
Hope you can fix for ATV2

Bug in XMLTV parsing - Lord Spectre - 2012-06-11

I'm trying to use this addon to parse an XMLTV file (that I previously validated) but when I open TV Guide, I get the channels list but there isn't any program. Searching in the logs I found this:
Code:
11:02:16 T:2885671792   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
11:02:16 T:2885671792   ERROR:   File "/home/marte2007/.xbmc/addons/script.tvguide/source.py", line 229, in updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
11:02:16 T:2885671792   ERROR:     for item in self.getDataFromExternal(date, progress_callback):
11:02:16 T:2885671792   ERROR:   File "/home/marte2007/.xbmc/addons/script.tvguide/source.py", line 900, in parseXMLTV
11:02:16 T:2885671792   ERROR:     result = Program(channel, elem.findtext('title'), parseXMLTVDate(elem.get('start')), parseXMLTVDate(elem.get('stop')), description, imageSmall=icon)
11:02:17 T:2885671792   ERROR:   File "/home/marte2007/.xbmc/addons/script.tvguide/source.py", line 879, in parseXMLTVDate
11:02:17 T:2885671792   ERROR:     t = time.strptime(dateString, '%Y%m%d%H%M%S')
11:02:17 T:2885671792   ERROR: ImportError: Failed to import _strptime because the import lockis held by another thread.
It seems to be a bug with threading and strptime, other programs are suffering from it (see here). I think you should import _strptime before starting threads, or catch the ImportError and retry until successful.

EDIT: I fixed this by myself, but I still don't get any results (and no errors in logs)

RE: [RELEASE] TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support - ykhehra1 - 2012-06-11

this script gives me service.py error on xbmc startup(apple tv2). I tried to uninstall and install again but no go. How to fix it?

RE: [RELEASE] TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support - Lifeforce - 2012-06-13

I'm not sure that I've done enough reading here (maybe I missed something in this thread). First, let me say that this is a wonderful add-on. Once I learned how to configure everything I got it working at 90%. Second, I'd like to ask for some direction; it seems that I can't get any logos to display. They are in png format and they are of the same name as the channel. Third, is there any way to point the add-on to a different filename? I have had to set up VLC as an external player and have it defined in my playercorefactory.xml but the add-on won't see anything without a .strm extension.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support - twinther - 2012-06-13

(2012-06-11, 18:44)ykhehra1 Wrote: this script gives me service.py error on xbmc startup(apple tv2). I tried to uninstall and install again but no go. How to fix it?

Hi, can you send me your xbmc.log file via pastebin or similar.
Thanks,
Tommy
(2012-06-11, 11:30)Lord Spectre Wrote: EDIT: I fixed this by myself, but I still don't get any results (and no errors in logs)

Does the xmltv file has any information for todays date and time? otherwise you need to go left or right to find any data.
Can you send me your xmltv file, then I can take a look...
Br.
Tommy

(2012-06-13, 16:32)Lifeforce Wrote: I'm not sure that I've done enough reading here (maybe I missed something in this thread). First, let me say that this is a wonderful add-on. Once I learned how to configure everything I got it working at 90%. Second, I'd like to ask for some direction; it seems that I can't get any logos to display. They are in png format and they are of the same name as the channel. Third, is there any way to point the add-on to a different filename? I have had to set up VLC as an external player and have it defined in my playercorefactory.xml but the add-on won't see anything without a .strm extension.

Thanks!

Hi lifeforce,
Can you send me your xmltv file and one of the logo files, then I can take a look.
As for the hardcoded .strm, you can change that in the gui.py file. What kind of file are you trying to play? - I would think live tv is always a stream, so perhaps you can just put your stream URL inside a .strm file and use that.
br.
Tommy