Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only) (/showthread.php?tid=185290)

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Venares - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 09:29)wagnumpi Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 22:42)Venares Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 22:28)perkins Wrote: I agree, I didn´t like the version 5 at all.

4.1.9.X download links on the first page are dead since high traffic. Are they located somewhere else?

patseguin was kind enough to provide a mirror on google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5StnOYqf2_tdkExS282WGtSZTQ/edit?usp=sharing

When i try installing the zip file from this mirror it fails? Any ideas or alternative mirrors?

I had issues as well.
I don't think its a skin issue, more a Gotham full release bug.

Anyway, to get around it just extract the file and copy the folder to your plugins folder and reboot.
If your using OpenElec then you will need to use something like WinSCP to copy stuff over.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - brazen1 - 2014-05-07

I prefer Nox 4 to 5 as well. Nice to have choices though as others might prefer 5 in it's simplicity. To those having problems, I have installed both versions on W8.1 and W7 using latest Gotham nightly. Other than installation they work perfectly. There seems to be a problem adding the 4.1.9 skin within XBMC via zip. Unpack the zip and add it manually to AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons and it's installed once you open XBMC. You may have to select in Appearance/Skins to enable it. This is the link https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5StnOYqf2_tdkExS282WGtSZTQ/edit?pli=1 and imo, is the perfect skin for XBMC if your device can handle the load required to run it smoothly.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Batiatus - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 10:33)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 04:12)Batiatus Wrote: Randon Moveis/Episodes does not work as backgrounds on the main menu. I'm done trying to figure out what else is messed up for tonight. Wish we'd get at least some word from the creators if this skin is going to be tweaked and fixed or if we should just abandon it for something that will actually work. Disappointing.

Don't confuse things. The problems are in ur end i assume, and i am very sorry for ur desperation, i have had that experience too in the past.
But the skin is perfect and working for me 100%, and i love it. I thank Warlion for it.

I've done 3 completely fresh installs of Gotham Full Release and all 3 times things have been very messed up. Background artwork does not work. My library was a mess and I've had to since rebuild it. Problems that existed before the full release still remain. Working 100% perfect is not the truth at all as others have attested to.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - ratzofftoya - 2014-05-07

On the movie info pane with the four fanarts, I've never been able to get my extrafanart to show up there. Is there some trick to it?

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - wagnumpi - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 14:04)Venares Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 09:29)wagnumpi Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 22:42)Venares Wrote: patseguin was kind enough to provide a mirror on google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5StnOYqf2_tdkExS282WGtSZTQ/edit?usp=sharing

When i try installing the zip file from this mirror it fails? Any ideas or alternative mirrors?

I had issues as well.
I don't think its a skin issue, more a Gotham full release bug.

Anyway, to get around it just extract the file and copy the folder to your plugins folder and reboot.
If your using OpenElec then you will need to use something like WinSCP to copy stuff over.

Yeah did that in the end and worked. Thanks very much Smile

Is there a problem with music playlists? My old ones wont start and have tried creating new ones but once again rather than opening they just send me to the main music folder?
I normally have a playlist start on start up and is probably my most used and loved feature but for life of me i cant get music playlists to do anything. Can someone put me out of my misery and confirm whether its an issue or where i could potentially be going wrong if not across the board?

Many many thanks in advance!

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Fottes - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-05, 08:47)MrsAngelD Wrote: Hi guys, for some reason I can't choose a favorite for the icon panel. When I pick favorite it just puts the word favorite but doesn't let me chose one of my favorites to add there. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Angel

I am having the same problem.
Has anyone found a solution to this?

Edit:
forgot that i could just change the links in the xml files and that solved the problem.
(copied the link from favorites.xml to the corresponding submenu item in guisettings.xml)

Thanks
Fottes

Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - sarlan19 - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 18:27)Batiatus Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 10:33)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 04:12)Batiatus Wrote: Randon Moveis/Episodes does not work as backgrounds on the main menu. I'm done trying to figure out what else is messed up for tonight. Wish we'd get at least some word from the creators if this skin is going to be tweaked and fixed or if we should just abandon it for something that will actually work. Disappointing.

Don't confuse things. The problems are in ur end i assume, and i am very sorry for ur desperation, i have had that experience too in the past.
But the skin is perfect and working for me 100%, and i love it. I thank Warlion for it.

I've done 3 completely fresh installs of Gotham Full Release and all 3 times things have been very messed up. Background artwork does not work. My library was a mess and I've had to since rebuild it. Problems that existed before the full release still remain. Working 100% perfect is not the truth at all as others have attested to.

I have to say I agree with vicmanpergar. I've updated all my htpc (friends,family, and mine) and I have nothing but praise for Warlion, Neurosis and the xbmc team. The update went flawlessly for windows 7 64 bits and OpenElec machines. And the skin does everything I want now and is beautiful. Artworks on the main menu works, library is fine , landscape mode with logos looks awesome, etc.

@Batiatus I don't think calling out dev that work for free on a Skin for an open source project is the way to go. As you put it so bluntly maybe it's time you move on to another skin

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - McButton - 2014-05-07

Agree. Free is free. I'm just pumped that there are people with passion making my life cooler.... On that note... Id gladly pay for a few minimal features to be added : )

Could not read addon description of skin.aeon.nox.gotham - AMoo-Miki - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-06, 22:41)DarkKnight Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 11:44)Auden69 Wrote: Hi,

I'm just installing last version of Openelec Beta 7.
I dont't succeed install last version of this theme (4.1.9.9)
=>Settings --> Add-ons -->install from zip file but i have been getting a error message "install failed" ("installation echoué" in french)
I downloaded .zip twice, but same result.

In my log, i just found
11:34:45 T:2726902592 ERROR: Could not read addon description of skin.aeon.nox.gotham

Did i do something wrong ?

Thanks

Same thing for me, but in English.

Latest OE beta, tried to install 4.1.9.9 via zip, get error message "Install failed". Log file says the same thing: Could not read addon description skin.aeon.nox.gotham

Honestly don't know why Nox 5 is such a departure from the previous version. Seems like the v5 is really just a new fork, not liking it at all.

The solution to Could not read addon description of skin.aeon.nox.gotham is:

1) Unzip the file you downloded, skin.aeon.nox.gotham.4.1.9.9.zip, which will give you a folder named skin.aeon.nox.gotham
2) Go into the skin.aeon.nox.gotham folder and locate a file named addon.xml.
3) Edit addon.xml in your favorite text editor and replace its content with the English only version you find on http://pastebin.com/sR4tV5zA.
4) Copy the skin.aeon.nox.gotham folder to XBMC's userdata\addons folder. (To find where userdata is, look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata)
5) Restart XBMC and a you will find a skin named Aeon Nox Gotham Plus, with version 4.1.9.9.

Good luck

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - warlion - 2014-05-07

hi guys i been a few weeks off , a lot of stuff to fix at home , but im back sorry about the dead link i never expect that dropbox will suspend my account lol i will upload it to another cloud service meaby mega , and update the first post at soon as possible,

so whats new? any bugs found in the last week?

Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - sveni_lee - 2014-05-07

Nice to hear you... Welcome back... [WINKING FACE]

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - AMoo-Miki - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-06, 16:19)brazen1 Wrote: I did read some sites. That's how I obtained 4.1.8 but could not locate 4.1.9. Thank you for the link you provided. I installed it and noticed there is no display for the folder/hdd location of the title being viewed in the info tab still. (((((Please add this bit of info back into the skin if possible.))))) Thank you.

In the info panel, if you move on to the Refresh button, without pressing it, the location of the media will be shown at the bottom.

If you would like to see the location stuck there, you can get rid of the textual rating which is really redundant by:
1) Edit userdata\addons\skin.aeon.nox.gotham\1080i\DialogVideoInfo.xml in a text editor and search for 1046.
-- You should find only 2 instances of 1046, probably on lines 1773 and 1785, each surrounded in a control block.
2) Locate the control block which has ListItem.FileNameAndPath in the <label> tag. The last line in the block should be <visible>ControlGroup(6100).HasFocus</visible>. Change that to <visible>true</visible>.
3) The other control block, would be just after the one you changed and would have ListItem.mpaa in the <label> tag. Change this block's <visible> tag to <visible>false</visible>.
4) Restart XBMC and your info window will have the location at the bottom all the time.

Optionally, you can change the 1046 in step 2 to 1036, to vertically align the text.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - toineb - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 21:39)warlion Wrote: hi guys i been a few weeks off , a lot of stuff to fix at home , but im back sorry about the dead link i never expect that dropbox will suspend my account lol i will upload it to another cloud service meaby mega , and update the first post at soon as possible,

so whats new? any bugs found in the last week?

Glad to see you back, hope everything is ok with you

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - brazen1 - 2014-05-07

AMoo-Miki

I don't know how you guys just happen to know these things LoL.
You are just another reason this is a great community.
Big THANK YOU!
Worked perfectly.
Rep point for you.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - bobrap - 2014-05-07

With everyone looking for 4.1.9.9, I would assume that git isn't the latest and greatest?