Kodi Community Forum
Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Sumvision Cyclone X4 (/showthread.php?tid=208233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - chrisrbk - 2015-01-18

Good evening. Does anyone know of anywhere where I can find some remote.conf files for common media remotes so I can spoof my box and use a 'one for all' remote.

I saw babones put up the one for the gbox but my remote doesn't have the codes for that one built in.

Thanks

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - TheLegendOfMart - 2015-01-18

(2015-01-15, 18:21)bobones Wrote: Give it one more try

It didn't work, guess I've completely bricked it.

Thanks for the help anyway.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-18

That's a shame. I bricked my box again last night testing one of kerber's new builds. It would not boot at all, just red LED, but as soon as I inserted a bootable SD made with correct u-boot, it booted straight into openelec. I could then flash correct u-boot to NAND and everything is working perfectly again.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - harvsingh - 2015-01-19

(2015-01-12, 23:17)chrisrbk Wrote: Nice...

Do I just put the tar file in the recovery folder and reboot?

Thanks

Which file works?
TV110 version? or the 806?

also.. what's the chances of it bricking?

Does the update retain the setup? (or does it wipe and reset?)

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-19

Use TV110 image from here http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.0/

Update.zip retains setup if installing on existing OpenELEC. If you're coming from Android, make a backup of your .kodi folder and you can most likely restore it in OE. I use command like "tar cvf /media/sda1/backup.tar .kodi" to backup.

I've "bricked" my X4 twice now: 1st time was testing some Android ROM, and 2nd time was testing new development version of OE. In both cases problem was incorrect u-boot for this device. Very easy to recover by making bootable SD with correct u-boot.

If you flash TV110 version you need install correct remote.conf to get X4 remote working correctly. Also you lose ability to power on from standby with remote unless you replace bootloader with X4 bootloader.

Once you've done the initial flash, you can update by placing .tar file in \\openelec\update. This will not touch bootloader so is very low risk of brick.

Read back through the thread for more information.

Flash at your own risk of course.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - massy086 - 2015-01-20

Hi all i have to put openelec on 2 of these boxs this week for my brothers new house.i have flashed many boxs so not too new to it lol.can someone tell me a step by step so i dont brick these boxs cheers all

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-21

See post 83 in this thread.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - massy086 - 2015-01-21

(2015-01-21, 00:49)bobones Wrote: See post 83 in this thread.
ok no probs in flashing o/e and using winscp to put in the new remote file.its just the original boot loader bit and TWRP im a bit lost on

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-22

TWRP is another recovery program with some cool features. You can use this or an Android type one on the SD to flash anything that needs flashed. You need to flash the original bootloader to restore the ability to power the box up from standby using the remote. Copy the bootloader.zip from the original bootloader folder in my dropbox onto an SD along with a recovery.img file (twrp or other), reboot recovery and use the recovery program to flash the bootloader.zip package. If you use TWRP you can flash the OpenELEC update.zip and the bootloader.zip at the same time. It's also a good idea to make backups of your original firmware with TWRP for easy restoration, You need to use a usb mouse to operate TWRP.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - micky - 2015-01-23

(2015-01-19, 12:46)bobones Wrote: Use TV110 image from here http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.0/

Update.zip retains setup if installing on existing OpenELEC. If you're coming from Android, make a backup of your .kodi folder and you can most likely restore it in OE. I use command like "tar cvf /media/sda1/backup.tar .kodi" to backup.

I've "bricked" my X4 twice now: 1st time was testing some Android ROM, and 2nd time was testing new development version of OE. In both cases problem was incorrect u-boot for this device. Very easy to recover by making bootable SD with correct u-boot.

If you flash TV110 version you need install correct remote.conf to get X4 remote working correctly. Also you lose ability to power on from standby with remote unless you replace bootloader with X4 bootloader.

Once you've done the initial flash, you can update by placing .tar file in \\openelec\update. This will not touch bootloader so is very low risk of brick.

Read back through the thread for more information.

Flash at your own risk of course.

hi bobones, I've managed to brick an x4, trying the 18t jan dev build, I can get to boot into recovery or twrp but when I try to go back to any android image partition layout isn't correct, if I try to flash openelec it wont mount the /sdcard so then won't work correctly.

is the u-boot to get back to factory on your dropbox ?

thanks

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-23

Can you restore the TWRP backup contained in the TWRP.zip in my dropbox as that should get you back to Android, but I am not sure if you've disrupted the NAND partition layout?

I had a similar problem flashing the dev version: it just wouldn't boot but I created a bootable SD using bootcardmaker.exe and bootloader.bin within that zip and it booted as soon as I inserted the card (no need to press reset). I then flashed the original boot loader from my dropbox and it booted up fine again without the SD card.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - massy086 - 2015-01-23

has anyone found that after flashing o/e the boxs wont boot without the memory cardHuh

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-23

Not normal behaviour. If the bootloader is correct on NAND it should boot without SD. If there is a good bootloader on SD and a bad one on NAND then it will only work with the bootable SD. You can fix that by flashing just the bootloader. Flash the bootloader.zip package from here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdj21h5h6xv4jjb/AABJxqsdzTkZ28snhWFGBNW9a?dl=0

(Copy both files to SD, reboot recovery then use TWRP to flash bootloader.zip, Use another recovery.img if you prefer).

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - babba - 2015-01-24

Got a second box to try 5.0 using an SD card to update. It failed (did not complete) and the box now only powers on with the red light, never moving onto blue. Have tried booting and resetting using the onboard microswitch but it never changes from RED (nor does it display anything).

Anybody got any tips for trying to recover it back to a state where I can try the OE upgrade again?

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-01-24

Read my previous posts on the subject in this thread.