• 12(current)
Sumvision Cyclone X4
Sorry, not sure what's gone wrong. Did you use the update.zip or the zip? Maybe you should try the .zip which I think will clear cache and data? Like I said though, ask Kerber on xbmc.ru (use Chrome to translate).
Tried both.
Ugh, think I've just bricked my box.

Flashed Openelec back on and flashed the bootloader from your TWRP backup bobones because I wanted power button support.

Now it just sits at Minix screen and does nothing.

I've never been able to get into recovery by pressing menu button, been trying for an hour now.

I've got a bootable SD and tried pressing the button next to sdcard but not working either.
Bootable SD card prepared with exe tool, copy a recovery.img file and whatever else you need to SD, press reset button while applying power, keep holding reset, and it should boot from the SD. Make sure you're really getting the reset button properly. I don't have any other advice as this is what worked for me.
What reset button, if you mean the one via sdcard I've already tried that. Same with pressing menu while it boots.

I've never been able to get into recovery by pressing menu even when it was stock, I've always had to telnet in and reboot recovery.

Guess I killed it then.
can anyone recommend a better remote for this unit, not too interested in a keyboard, just something a bit more responsive and maybe with a few extra buttons. thanks
(2015-01-15, 14:02)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: What reset button, if you mean the one via sdcard I've already tried that. Same with pressing menu while it boots.

I've never been able to get into recovery by pressing menu even when it was stock, I've always had to telnet in and reboot recovery.

Guess I killed it then.

I mean the button just above the white wire next to the SD slot in this picture. It is accessible, but not easy to press, through a hole in the bottom cover
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By1kQUQ...sp=sharing
Yeah that's the one I've been pressing.

Every time it shows the Minix logo, the led changes from red to blue and nothing happens.

Tried two different SDCards.

What a great waste of £40. :/
That's what unbricked my box; bootable SD card prepepped with the bootcardmaker.exe program using the android bootloader written to the MBR and with TWRP or other recovery on the SD.
That's what I did. Pressing that button has no effect.

Tried one last time, remade the SDCard using the Original Bootloader from your dropbox, copied TWRP folder and recovery.img to the sd.

Put it in the device, held down the reset button, powered the device on and nothing.

Minix logo, led turns from red to blue and freezes.

I don't understand, surely if it shows the minix logo then it's booted far enough so that the sdcard should boot?
Give it one more try, but make sure you follow this to the letter. I am confused when you say original bootloader, because that has nothing to do with this procedure.

Download the "boot card maker.zip" file from my dropbox and extract to some folder on a PC. Go to that folder and run the bootcardmaker.exe program as administrator (right click). In the bootcard maker program select the SD device, check the format box and select the bootloader.bin file from the same folder and press Make. This is now a bootable SD card, but you still need to put something on it.

Download the TWRP.zip file from my drop box and extract the contents to the SD card. You should have TWRP recovery.img in the root of the SD and a folder which contains a TWRP backup of the original android firmware.

Insert the SD card into the device, unplug the power. using a pared down match or similar, press the reset button through the bottom of the case, make sure you can feel the click of the button and that it remains depressed and then apply the power cord while continuing to hold the reset button.

With any luck your box will spring into life and boot to the TWRP recovery on the SD card. From there you should be able to restore the back up on the card.
hey guys
am new to android boxes, but have experience with rooting and flashing with my android phone.

i have managed flash the openelec build to my cyclone x4, flashed the bootloader and copied the remote.conf over.

the remote works to a certain extent, i can power on/off unit and use arrow keys to navigate but the the "OK" button does not make a selection and neither does any other button, anybody else have this issue?

thanks
Must be something wrong. Make sure you copy the file from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmgv5xp58t62bc....conf?dl=0 to \\openelec\configfiles and then restart the box. Don't copy and paste the text because it won't work.
cheers got the remote working, not sure why it didnt work first time
not sure this is right place to ask, does anybody use the p2p streams addon or acestream on this openelec build?

when i open p2p streams it downloads and extracts acestream modules but when i try to load a stream that uses acestream it states "torrent invalid" then says "Failed to load file list"

I know the streams are valid as these work no problem on my PC
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sumvision Cyclone X42