Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-03-08

@Jeffers24

Have 2 others functions copy properties to the storage and apply. Its easy too...

In movies use copy function, item will need replace choose apply from storage, select item movies, done.

Function preserve all and restore in any item.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Jeffers24 - 2019-03-08

(2019-03-08, 21:55)Wanilton Wrote: @Jeffers24

Have 2 others functions copy properties to the storage and apply. Its easy too...

In movies use copy function, item will need replace choose apply from storage, select item movies, done.

Function preserve all and restore in any item.
 Excellent, this is looking like copy and paste of a main menu item with all it's customisations, to and from storage.

I could copy all my existing main menu items to storage, then copy them from storage over my existing main menu items in any order I wish.

I will give it a go in the morning, thank you again.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - defleppard - 2019-03-08

Wanilton, i read in music thread that we must rename in our music library cdart to discart in LEIA, but this change depend  of skin support too.

Aon mq support both?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - DrGreenThumb - 2019-03-08

I figured out I needed to install favourites script for adding favourites, now that works fine for new

Submenu widgets... I would like to add sections of an add on to the submenu and display them as widgets.

(2019-03-08, 22:08)defleppard Wrote: Wanilton, i read in music thread that we must rename in our music library cdart to discart in LEIA, but this change depend  of skin support too.

Aon mq support both?
 Have support discart, Marcos change recently. I need test and check if continue fine with cdart.png too.

(2019-03-08, 22:11)DrGreenThumb Wrote: I figured out I needed to install favourites script for adding favourites, now that works fine for new

Submenu widgets... I would like to add sections of an add on to the submenu and display them as widgets.
 Use widget favourites for it.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - 838Joel - 2019-03-08

(2019-03-08, 19:14)Wanilton Wrote: @838Joel 

concert = musical videos (ex. Adele Live At Royal Albert Hall), or rename item in main menu and use for videoclip (Kodi don't have one native area yet for musical videos). I prefer scraper all musical videos in movies, and split using smartplaylist.
About disable subtitles is one native function in Kodi, use "T" in your keyboard to turn on or off.
Thanks Wanilton,
Make sense for concert!
Did not know for subtitles, since I'm not using a keyboard... Just a TV remote Wink

If I do this it is displayed as a standard text submenu item, not as a widget.

For example...
Customise main menu > replace menu with > favourite > iPlayer highlights.

If I do this it is displayed as a standard text submenu item, not as a widget.

For example...
Customise main menu > replace menu with > favourite > iPlayer highlights.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - sito1961 - 2019-03-08

(2019-03-08, 15:42)phonix6 Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for this great skin. I have one slight issue which was previously mentioned on page three of the forum, so it would seem others are having the same issue. I don't think it got a reply so am wondering if you have any idea why this is happening, is it a bug:

The skin automatically downloads artwork.  In general settings of the skin, there is an option to disable the automatic download of artwork. I deactivate it, but every time Kodi is restarted it is activated again. If I select to 'Restore Settings' this deactivates it, so this must be the default setting. However, even after this, when restarting Kodi the option switches back on again.

Thank you
Sorry for the previous message  No
Hello "phonix6"
I asked this question in this forum and in the MarcosQui and Wanilton forum XBMC Brazilian Community Forum XBMC Brazilian Community Forum

Very kindly Wanilton replied: "Yes, the option needs a solution, it has an error."
The creator of the skin is already aware of the error and we can only wait for it to be solved.
I hope I have been helpful to your query.
You have a good day.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - shedrock - 2019-03-09

(2019-03-08, 21:48)Wanilton Wrote:
(2019-03-08, 20:41)shedrock Wrote: @@Wanilton - Would it be possible for you to add a feature which is quite common on most skins where I can add a "Favourite" as a widget? By that I mean, lets say I have 5 YouTube channels added to my favourites, but now I want to add them as a widget. I don't see an option to do this. Maybe I am missing how to do it.

Thanks,

Shedrock
 Try in Extras or other item in main menu, up arrow, choose Favorites widget in the widget selector, work fine, will show your 5 favourites items.   
 Thanks, but that's not actually what I meant. Here is a screenshot of what I was referring to. I guess it is safe to assume that it is not part of the skin features.

This is some of the favourites I have for YouTube. See how I can create an extended widget panel?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - goldsac - 2019-03-09

I've been enjoying the vertical menu as a nice change to explore. One minor nitpick: accessing the submenu of any item is a counter-intuitive. Where I'd expect to access them by pushing left, instead it takes my to the playback controls (which are down, not left). Ok, fine - I'll just push left a second time to get to the submenu...nope, takes me back to the main menu, which is up! I've found that I have to push left to get to the playback controls, THEN push down to get the submenu. None of those directions make much sense. I can see needing to push left to get playback controls, as the main menu has up/down prioritized, but from my POV it oughtta be left+left to reach the submenu (just as down+down accesses the submenu w horizontal menu).

Anyhow, I'll live - just a small piece of feedback that I think would improve the vertical menu UI.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - phonix6 - 2019-03-09

Thank you, good to know.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - phonix6 - 2019-03-09

(2019-03-08, 23:18)sito1961 Wrote:
(2019-03-08, 15:42)phonix6 Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for this great skin. I have one slight issue which was previously mentioned on page three of the forum, so it would seem others are having the same issue. I don't think it got a reply so am wondering if you have any idea why this is happening, is it a bug:

The skin automatically downloads artwork.  In general settings of the skin, there is an option to disable the automatic download of artwork. I deactivate it, but every time Kodi is restarted it is activated again. If I select to 'Restore Settings' this deactivates it, so this must be the default setting. However, even after this, when restarting Kodi the option switches back on again.

Thank you
Sorry for the previous message  No
Hello "phonix6"
I asked this question in this forum and in the MarcosQui and Wanilton forum XBMC Brazilian Community Forum XBMC Brazilian Community Forum

Very kindly Wanilton replied: "Yes, the option needs a solution, it has an error."
The creator of the skin is already aware of the error and we can only wait for it to be solved.
I hope I have been helpful to your query.
You have a good day.  
 Thank you for your reply and for letting me know.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Lockzar - 2019-03-09

Hello there  Rofl

Gratz the MQ8 release, finally a simple, clear and sober MQ skin, looks rly good.

So far everything works well, load fast (on PC-win10, not on ShieldTV for some widgets), and i can't figure how to acces the TV giude into PVR lol.

Only one view list for the PVR section, its ok but i rly wish we could see every TV guides below every channels, instead of only the one selected.

I think since Artwork downloader is broken with Kodi18, most of ppl using Artwork Beef, which works so good on Aeon Nox Silvo (context menu to choose fanarts, as many as we want, even 4k ones).

Seems like its not supported on MQ8 yet, this drives me crazy, i can live with it but im spending so much time try to get these fanarts to work, hopefully it will be fixed soon Wink

Oh and animated posters/gif works well, but can't get the anmated fanarts/background to show up, i guess its related to the Artwork Beef issue.

Please keep up the great work, theres no reason to look for another skin if this get fixed hehe !