Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - karthikm - 2019-07-11

When i click movie or tv show, before getting into play option.. It has back and home icon.... Is it possible to remove those two icons?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-11, 22:23)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 22:12)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 21:59)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: @Zachary.Murphy You dont have to use hubs. @cscott1 is telling you to use 5 hubs x 8 widget rows to get a total of 40 widget rows. If you use the method I laid out above you can have 1 hub with with 100 widget rows if you want. No need to go back and forth between hubs, it would basically be infinite scroll like Netflix

I dont use hubs I was saying you can use multiple menu shortcuts x8 widgets with the same desired effect of all your widgets on the same screen or home screen. Whatever works best for each user I guess. 

Misunderstood you, we're saying the same thing. My bad man

Yeah I gathered that its all good we are both just trying to help I remember when I was first learning Titan could have used more of the like. I just wanted to reiterate what was being said as it could have been misunderstood you dont need to use hubs at all.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-07-12

(2019-07-11, 20:27)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 20:26)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: @cartman.dos would you be able to add commented code that we can uncomment to get forced views back?

Ye, I would also love forced views to be back.  

You can turn off all view types including bingie poster and bingie landscape (but leave bingie episodes), delete the View_50_List.xml from special://home/addons/skin.titan.bingie/xml and as long as you only use widgets it effectively forces views

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - sPurf - 2019-07-12

I'm having an ongoing problem with the Skin Helper Service in 18.3 that I also had in Krypton - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=235676&pid=2827354#pid2827354

It was running beautifully for weeks but now am getting high CPU usage once I open one of the smart playlists I have created. I've had to once again roll back to 1.1.3 to offload my CPU but I think this only works because this version is incompatible with Bingie so isn't loaded. Here is a snippet of the debug log that refernces the service -  https://paste.kodi.tv/usuvedalij.kodi

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Video Titles - 2019-07-12

Cartman just to let you know that the github file updated two days ago, says that it cannot be installed from the zip file, bad structure.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - User 436809 - 2019-07-12

(2019-07-12, 15:27)Video Titles Wrote: Cartman just to let you know that the github file updated two days ago, says that it cannot be installed from the zip file, bad structure.

Its an easy fix, just simply download the file then extract the file, then re-zip the folder inside of the extracted folder then install that zip. If that doesn't work then it is an invalid structure somewhere inside of the code.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-07-12

I'll reply to all when I'll have more time, I'll try to implement a forced views if it's not too much work. Not going to use skin helper forced, period.

Skin supports up to 8 widgets in each HUB and basically unlimited in home (up to 50 with fixed vertical scrolling), each shortcut can hold up to 8 but they all count as 'home widgets', this configuration supports non bingie layouts.

That configuration is very weird and also hurts some of the stuff I want to do. This why I'm probably not going to make any more updates to titan bingie, maybe just minor stuff, and already started 'stripping' titan from titan bingie, next is removing most if not completely the usage of skin helper. This will likely make the skin light, fast, responsive and crisp.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - scofield272 - 2019-07-12

Hi Cartman

when you have time, please check the follows feedbacks on 1.03RC:

when you add a item to your list and exit and back to the same Dialog Video Info screen, the "remove from list" appear together with the "add item" : https://imgur.com/a/tkITwiR

another thing i've noticed, the continue watching (resume) dialog is a bit out of the screen: https://imgur.com/tFS2J80

cheers.

(2019-07-12, 18:02)cartman.dos Wrote: I'll reply to all when I'll have more time, I'll try to implement a forced views if it's not too much work. Not going to use skin helper forced, period.

Skin supports up to 8 widgets in each HUB and basically unlimited in home (up to 50 with fixed vertical scrolling), each shortcut can hold up to 8 but they all count as 'home widgets', this configuration supports non bingie layouts.

That configuration is very weird and also hurts some of the stuff I want to do. This why I'm probably not going to make any more updates to titan bingie, maybe just minor stuff, and already started 'stripping' titan from titan bingie, next is removing most if not completely the usage of skin helper. This will likely make the skin light, fast, responsive and crisp.

Let me know, if you need any help with removing parts of skin helper.

You can feel free to contribute in any way and submit or send me your work so I can review and integrate. If there's a part you think of let me know.

But generally speaking I would be happy if someone with a little knowledge in graphic design or whatever that can make better icons and osd buttons or stuff like that because I basically use what I can find which is very limited. BTW this also answers the 'glow' question. It's very easy to make a glow with graphic software, but I had to use what I could find, I'm too lazy start learning how to use photoshop or similar while the skin and addons already take huge amount of time, that I don't necessarily have anyways.

(2019-07-12, 20:31)cartman.dos Wrote: You can feel free to contribute in any way and submit or send me your work so I can review and integrate. If there's a part you think of let me know.

But generally speaking I would be happy if someone with a little knowledge in graphic design or whatever that can make better icons and osd buttons or stuff like that because I basically use what I can find which is very limited. BTW this also answers the 'glow' question. It's very easy to make a glow with graphic software, but I had to use what I could find, I'm too lazy start learning how to use photoshop or similar while the skin and addons already take huge amount of time, that I don't necessarily have anyways.

I believe, I have a few areas inwhich I could help you. I have an advanced knowledge within Graphic Design. Plus, I can support you with removing and fixing some parts of the code.

@cartman.dos I have successfully converted Titan Bingie's 1.0.3-RC1 to Kodi Matrix. I was attempting to create an Pull Request to your GitHub Repository. However, because you don't have an Matrix Branch, I can't submit an pull request without overwriting one of your existing branches.

(2019-07-12, 21:29)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: @cartman.dos I have successfully converted Titan Bingie's 1.0.3-RC1 to Kodi Matrix. I was attempting to create an Pull Request to your GitHub Repository. However, because you don't have an Matrix Branch, I can't submit an pull request without overwriting one of your existing branches.

What do you mean? it's already fully compatible with Kodi 19, as there aren't any changes from leia just additions as of now. The addons on the other hand...

And if ure good with graphics making icons for home and osd buttons should be pretty easy, just look at Netflix as base reference...

(2019-07-12, 22:31)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-12, 21:29)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: @cartman.dos I have successfully converted Titan Bingie's 1.0.3-RC1 to Kodi Matrix. I was attempting to create an Pull Request to your GitHub Repository. However, because you don't have an Matrix Branch, I can't submit an pull request without overwriting one of your existing branches.

What do you mean? it's already fully compatible with Kodi 19, as there aren't any changes from leia just additions as of now. The addons on the other hand...

And if ure good with graphics making icons for home and osd buttons should be pretty easy, just look at Netflix as base reference... 
There were some minor errors with using Titan Bingie on Kodi 19 Matrix, involving Shadow Colors. And sure, i'll get to work on creating those icons. How would you like me to send them to you once I have completed them?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-07-13

(2019-07-12, 22:53)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-12, 22:31)cartman.dos Wrote:

There were some minor errors with using Titan Bingie on Kodi 19 Matrix, involving Shadow Colors. And sure, i'll get to work on creating those icons. How would you like me to send them to you once I have completed them? 
Wherever seems comfortable for you. Notice that OSD buttons has two different icon (glow + without glow), while it is possible to use a diffuse glow as base and put on top all other icons with skin code it's (a) expensive on resources (b) better to fit the glow to the specific icon's frame.