Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio (/showthread.php?tid=221407)

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-01-20

(2016-01-20, 17:08)macca777 Wrote: Ok thanks again.Saw the chart on first page mentioning a bd-lite menu with the Pi2 and thought i was missing some functionality.
The zidoo x6 i purchased and that hasnt made it out of its box yet pales in comparison deapite its lofty and legally dubious claims..its own forum is a bit of a train wreck.
Clarified this in the chart, updated again. Also, added a 'Blu-ray Menus' explanation section further down in post #1.

(2016-01-14, 22:16)movie78 Wrote: For the Hisilicon fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfZTaKVVDXU
A UYESEE rep reached out to me. They don't plan on releasing the UYESEE S100 demo'd @ CES, instead being an OEM provider to another, reputable manufacturer. They feel the media player market is too competitive, and messy, to establish themselves directly. Can't argue with that.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - cosmos19 - 2016-01-21

Thank you for providing this extremely helpful comparison. I have the Tronsmart Meta and there has been a new firmware released. Some issues and bugs were supposed to have been fixed. Could you possibly re-test? Also the 8Gb total internal space is incorrectly reported in the System as 4Gb. Could this be due to a flaw in the Samsung DDR3 module?

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - nwa1982 - 2016-01-21

Are the occasional dropped frames on the RPi2 in bluray or 3d bluray? or both? Or is this fixed allready?

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-01-21

@cosmos19, will do when I get a chance.

@nwa1982, the skipped frames were with 3D ISO's & 2D MKV's (1:1 rips), with Milhouse build #118. I honestly only notice slightly jittery playback sometimes or occasional skips when watching, but when bringing up the codecinfo overlay, skipped frames are reported.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - popcornmix - 2016-01-21

(2016-01-21, 17:00)hdmkv Wrote: @nwa1982, the skipped frames were with 3D ISO's & 2D MKV's (1:1 rips), with Milhouse build #118. I honestly only notice slightly jittery playback sometimes or occasional skips when watching, but when bringing up the codecinfo overlay, skipped frames are reported.

Do you get them during normal playback?
You will see skips increase at start of playback or on seek.
Also the first time a subtitle in a new font appears you get a skip or two (that hopefully will be resolved in the videoplayer rework which separates render and main threads).
But otherwise there should be no skips.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - nwa1982 - 2016-01-21

thnx for the answers going to order some pi later today!

(2016-01-21, 17:13)popcornmix Wrote: Do you get them during normal playback?
You will see skips increase at start of playback or on seek.
Also the first time a subtitle in a new font appears you get a skip or two (that hopefully will be resolved in the videoplayer rework which separates render and main threads).
But otherwise there should be no skips.
Glad to hear this is normal. I do just get the skips during start, maybe around 10 skipped frames reported, then normalizes. Usually unnoticeable w/normal viewing (w/o bringing up codecinfo). With seek, I understand there would be skips.

MVC MKV's have always played fine, but overall, I've noticed much improved playback of 3D ISO's with latest builds.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - chadamir - 2016-01-21

(2016-01-21, 17:00)hdmkv Wrote: @cosmos19, will do when I get a chance.

@nwa1982, the skipped frames were with 3D ISO's & 2D MKV's (1:1 rips), with Milhouse build #118. I honestly only notice slightly jittery playback sometimes or occasional skips when watching, but when bringing up the codecinfo overlay, skipped frames are reported.

When you play movies off the RPI2 are you checking whether it's sending a 24fps or 23.976 fps signal to the 5025? I've found that it skips if it's sending the former so I have to stop the video to get it back to what it should be.

Pretty sure it's sending 23.976. I've found Epson 5025 isn't always reliable in reporting what it's actually getting: "23.97" vs. "24.00". If it initially reports latter, stop video & resume, and like you noted, it usually reports former; or, sometimes may need to stop/play a couple of times.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - nwa1982 - 2016-01-22

(2016-01-21, 17:00)hdmkv Wrote: @cosmos19, will do when I get a chance.

And is this with streaming or also playback from usb disk?

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-01-22

Streaming via NAS, cat5e wired.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - nwa1982 - 2016-01-22

(2016-01-22, 02:04)hdmkv Wrote: Streaming via NAS, cat5e wired.

Thnx!

RE: Media Player Options with Kodi & Full 3D + HD Audio + 4K - jompjomp - 2016-01-22

Hdmkv: I'm not sure if you saw/knew this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=246242

All my .iso's are perfect now Smile

RE: Media Player Options with Kodi & Full 3D + HD Audio + 4K - hdmkv - 2016-01-22

No, I had not, thanks. Still on build #118 here. Will watch a couple of 3D ISO's with latest build #0121 this weekend & report back.

RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - hansolo - 2016-01-23

Well, it bugs me how old Realtek players (like Egreat R6S, Med8er) still had more functions available (bluray menu, surround AAC decoding) and better image quality (yeah, Himedia fails white clipping test from SM and with Imprex On fails also chroma/RGB clipping tests).
Why bluray menus? Try to use Spears and Munsil ISO, Himedia own menu is a joke.