Kodi Community Forum
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread (/showthread.php?tid=137540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-22, 06:47)Shinu Wrote: looks great, but tbh the larger rating flag sort of throws things off balance. it makes the logo not look centered. may want to play around with swapping the studio logo and rating positions.

+1

(2012-08-22, 08:33)defluo Wrote: agree with that. I kept looking at the tagline to see if the logo was actually centered

+1

(2012-08-22, 09:33)thrak76 Wrote: I don't mind the larger rating flag, but I do think it needs a little adjustment to the left.

Looks great otherwise, Deano, and I'm happy to hear that the tagline gradient isn't finished (so I'll leave that alone!).

+1

(2012-08-22, 20:18)JohnVee Wrote: Great work Deano!

The more I see your screenshots with the lower gradient on the bottom, the more I like it Nod You can see much more of the fanart and thats a plus.
Having the logo down at the bottom was a huge improvement as well, glad that got Implemented and great work on that too!

My opinion about the rating flag is that I really like the smaller one that's there now. It's about the same size as the other three icons, and I think it all balances out perfectly.
Again, that's just my opinion, and hope it doesn't offend...

No offence taken Wink The lower gradient at the bottom also makes trailers easier to view if, like me, you keep the overlay whist they play.

I agree with all of you that the position of the ratings flag, if it is to stay, needs tweaking so when I get a moment I'll play around with it. I had toyed with the idea of adding a flag of some sort in between the source and audio flags for balance, but it just seemed unnecessary.

Well, if the only real criticism is the position of the ratings flag, then a good job's been done by all. Thanks for the help and the feedback guys Big Grin

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - realcopacetic - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-22, 06:34)Deano316 Wrote: I figured seeing as I'm more or less done I'd post the .xmls for you all to try. The view is still not finished as the new gradient for the tagline isn't done yet, but you can still enjoy the view and play around with it to see what you think. The only things I haven't posted is the font I used which is not included with Nox. It's called Univers 59 Ultra Condensed and it's not free to use. How you source it is up to you. Although, you can use any font you like as long as you place the it in the font folder of Nox, and edit line 259 of the font.xml. Insert the name of your font here and it will work fine. I've also not included the code for removing the tooltip, as it doesnt bother everyone. If you need to know what to do please post below and I'd be happy to oblige.

So enough talk, here you go:

Font.xml: http://pastebin.com/Wsu2MadU
Includes_MediaFlags.xml: http://pastebin.com/rz3fjHsw
Includes_MediaMenu.xml: http://pastebin.com/yBPjUze8
Includes_Viewtypes.xml: http://pastebin.com/8miFAYa4
Viewtype_Landscape.xml: http://pastebin.com/ubmdRCY5

It's just a case of copying these and pasting them over the top of the existing .xmls in Nox-1080i. If you do it correctly it should look something like the pics below:

Here's one with no tagline. An animation has now been added which removes the dark gradient when no tagline is present:

Let me know thoughts and impressions below, it's nice to know where we're going right or wrong. Do you like it? Do you hate it? Criticism and input welcome as always. Big Grin

Cheers mate, looking really good - was just wandering what would I need to do to get rid of the episodes bit at the top of the TV view (where it says "XX EPISODES (unwatched: xx)"

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-22

It just a matter of deleting a bit of code I added. Once I've finished the main mod, I'll sort it for you Wink

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - realcopacetic - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-22, 22:54)Deano316 Wrote: It just a matter of deleting a bit of code I added. Once I've finished the main mod, I'll sort it for you Wink

nice one, cheers

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - JohnVee - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-22, 22:36)Deano316 Wrote: No offence taken Wink The lower gradient at the bottom also makes trailers easier to view if, like me, you keep the overlay whist they play.

Yes, I sure do. Gives a nice touch to the trailers when the overlay is on. Cool

That does make me think of another possible future mod to this view though...

What are your thoughts about disabling the now playing text in the upper left hand corner, while the trailer is playing?
Would make for a cleaner looking screen, with less distraction imo.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-22, 23:25)JohnVee Wrote:
(2012-08-22, 22:36)Deano316 Wrote: No offence taken Wink The lower gradient at the bottom also makes trailers easier to view if, like me, you keep the overlay whist they play.

Yes, I sure do. Gives a nice touch to the trailers when the overlay is on. Cool

That does make me think of another possible future mod to this view though...

What are your thoughts about disabling the now playing text in the upper left hand corner, while the trailer is playing?
Would make for a cleaner looking screen, with less distraction imo.

I don't have any text on my view, I disabled the top bar in the settings Big Grin

Okay guys, Round 2 Big Grin

Have a new gradient to try and have tweaked the size of the ratings flag to restore some balance:

What do you think, improvement or step back? I've only spent a short while on this as I've just finished work and it's nearly 5am Sleepy Just wanted to get it out there ready for some feedback in the morning. Although, and this could be the sleep deprivation talking, it's not looking good for the long logo right now. Any smaller and it will be illegible. Sad

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - thrak76 - 2012-08-23

The gradient's looking better! Test it out on a white background and then see how it looks...

I think if you're going to shrink the rating flag to that small, you might as well just use the default flag. How about using the size of flag you had in the posts prior to this and just moving the flag to the left? It may end up looking strange like that as well, I don't know.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Kokonutcreme - 2012-08-23

Deano, if I just want to adjust the gradient in this view, is there just the one xml file I need to replace and if so which one? I prefer the default certification flag over the larger one.

Or alternatively if you could post the code that you changed, I'm happy to edit it myself.

Really appreciate you and Defluo's work on modding this view as well as Phil's. It's my favourite viewtype and the one that gets the biggest reaction from friends.

Thanks

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - defluo - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-23, 06:05)Deano316 Wrote: Okay guys, Round 2 Big Grin

Have a new gradient to try and have tweaked the size of the ratings flag to restore some balance:

What do you think, improvement or step back? I've only spent a short while on this as I've just finished work and it's nearly 5am Sleepy Just wanted to get it out there ready for some feedback in the morning. Although, and this could be the sleep deprivation talking, it's not looking good for the long logo right now. Any smaller and it will be illegible. Sad

Improvement, agree with thrak76 though. It won't hurt the overall look to move the rating slightly left and the logo slightly right. It's what I did. I think

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - JohnVee - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-23, 06:05)Deano316 Wrote: Okay guys, Round 2 Big Grin

Great job Deano!

The new gradient for the tagline looks very nice.

Been playing around with it (again!!) and made a few adjustments. Swapped the studio and ratings flag around, repositioned both and resized the ratings flag. Also tweaked the opacity of the tagline gradient. Let me know what you guys think:

i

I put a couple with light/white backgrounds above so you can see how it works. Looks a lot neater IMO. Although, the adjustments have thrown the studio logo off in TV Shows. Looks like a bit of additional code is needed there now.

I think I'm getting somewhere, but it's hard to tell when you stare at the same images for too long Confused Feedback is appreciated, time to break for some food Tongue

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - JohnVee - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-23, 17:54)Deano316 Wrote: Been playing around with it (again!!) and made a few adjustments. Swapped the studio and ratings flag around, repositioned both and resized the ratings flag. Also tweaked the opacity of the tagline gradient. Let me know what you guys think:

I think you've got it looking perfect now Smile

I'm even liking the bigger ratings flag with the way you have it set up now.

Great work!

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - BigNoid - 2012-08-23

The bigger ratings flags still dont fit. That's why its not in official version Tongue Great job otherwise, one of the most jaw dropping views this skin has.

(2012-08-23, 18:27)JohnVee Wrote: I think you've got it looking perfect now Smile

I'm even liking the bigger ratings flag with the way you have it set up now.

Great work!

Thanks bro, glad you like it. I think to carry on trying to change this now would be counter productive. Final code coming shortly....

(2012-08-23, 18:30)Big_Noid Wrote: The bigger ratings flags still dont fit. That's why its not in official version Tongue Great job otherwise, one of the most jaw dropping views this skin has.

High praise indeed Big Grin Big Grin It doesn't seem that long ago that I was told movie logos weren't possible and look at the amazing views we have now. To top it all off I made it onto the Nox Wall of Fame Cool I think I'll graciously accept defeat on the bigger ratings flags. I'm a sucker for authenticity, but until a better solution is found maybe it's best I leave them off. Although I already have a few ideas for Version 2......

As I said above final code will appear later tonight. Nearly there guys!!