Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Milhouse - 2013-05-15

Would it be possible, when new movies are scraped, to automatically select the corresponding <movie>-fanart.jpg and <movie>-poster.jpg artwork files if these files exist?

For instance I have the correct -fanart.jpg and -poster.jpg files available alongside each movie, and when I add a new movie I see the fanart/poster jpg is correctly selected. However, when I subsequently scrape the new movie, EMM forgets about the associated artwork and I'm forced to click on "Change Poster (local browse)" for each of the file types (which means I have to find the correct file amongst hundreds of other jpg files as I have all movies and artwork stored in a shared single folder).

It would be great if scrape could use the default artwork, just as new movies appear able to determine the correct artwork.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-05-15

Just updated from v11 to v13.

When I click on a TV Show in the left pain the fanart is in color. When I click on a season the same fanart is black and white.

EDIT:
I just noticed that where v11 was creating episode nfo's for Army Wives, The Client List, and Dancing with the Stars, v13 does not.I tried F5 on the season and episode, as well as Rescraping the episode, but no luck.

At one point in my attempts I would get -999 for season and episode number when opening the new episode. I had also gotten new unbroadcast episodes showing up dimmed, but then disappeared. Perhaps the -999 is a clue for someone as to what is happening?

Had to delete the shows to get nfo's for newly added episodes.

I also have multiple shows (24, alias, castle, common law and more) display no information, even though tvshow.nfo exists and worked in previous versions.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Confucio - 2013-05-15

First of all, let me thank you guys for the amazing job you are doing with Ember.

Second, is this below still doable? I noticed it wasn't fixed on the latest version.

(2013-05-04, 08:50)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-04, 07:49)the111 Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 22:41)the111 Wrote: Nice work on EMM.

Comments for YAMJ module (tested on newest version):

* tvshow.nfo should be <tvshow>.nfo
* I would like to see an option to choose the separator "." or "-" or whatever is entered for the fanart and banner. I use -fanart and not .fanart so I am compatible with XBMC as well.

Good work !!!

Can this be fixed?

Yes.

Thanks and keep up with the great work.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-15

(2013-05-15, 04:26)Confucio Wrote: First of all, let me thank you guys for the amazing job you are doing with Ember.

Second, is this below still doable? I noticed it wasn't fixed on the latest version.

(2013-05-04, 08:50)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-04, 07:49)the111 Wrote: Can this be fixed?

Yes.

Thanks and keep up with the great work.

I forgot. I'll do it later.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-15

(2013-05-15, 03:03)MilhouseVH Wrote: Would it be possible, when new movies are scraped, to automatically select the corresponding <movie>-fanart.jpg and <movie>-poster.jpg artwork files if these files exist?

For instance I have the correct -fanart.jpg and -poster.jpg files available alongside each movie, and when I add a new movie I see the fanart/poster jpg is correctly selected. However, when I subsequently scrape the new movie, EMM forgets about the associated artwork and I'm forced to click on "Change Poster (local browse)" for each of the file types (which means I have to find the correct file amongst hundreds of other jpg files as I have all movies and artwork stored in a shared single folder).

It would be great if scrape could use the default artwork, just as new movies appear able to determine the correct artwork.

MilhouseVH,
in order to achieve that you should use the Scraper NFO Only,
It is by design that if you decide to scrape all information at that point the new fanart is scraped.

Also the structure you have is not recommended. you should have a folder for each movie Smile

(2013-05-15, 10:15)m.savazzi Wrote: in order to achieve that you should use the Scraper NFO Only,

Presumably this just reads in a pre-existing NFO? That's not what I want, I want the NFO to be created, so I'm using the Ember Native Movie scraper.

(2013-05-15, 10:15)m.savazzi Wrote: It is by design that if you decide to scrape all information at that point the new fanart is scraped.

I hear what you are saying, but surely as a convenience for the user the scraper could default to the artwork that exists locally and has already been identified/displayed for the new movie prior to scraping. If there is no suitable local artwork then - as it does now - scrape for artwork from the remote sources. Maybe consider adding an option when single-scraping a movie: "Use local artwork when available"?

(2013-05-15, 10:15)m.savazzi Wrote: Also the structure you have is not recommended. you should have a folder for each movie Smile

You say tomato, I say potato. Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-15

(2013-05-15, 10:39)MilhouseVH Wrote: I hear what you are saying, but surely as a convenience for the user the scraper could default to the artwork that exists locally and has already been identified/displayed for the new movie prior to scraping. If there is no suitable local artwork then - as it does now - scrape for artwork from the remote sources. Maybe consider adding an option when single-scraping a movie: "Use local artwork when available"?

Use the Bulk Rename Utility to rename the existing files.
This is done in 10min. Then you can re-read the database.

Relocating the movies into individual folders isn't going to change the workflow, it's only going to mean there are less jpg's listed in the file browser when the user has to choose the local artwork. What I'm suggesting is that the worfkflow can be made more efficient irrespective of the folder structure, by using the local artwork by default (as already happens when movies are added, but is then ignored when scraping).

(2013-05-15, 10:39)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-05-15, 10:15)m.savazzi Wrote: in order to achieve that you should use the Scraper NFO Only,

Presumably this just reads in a pre-existing NFO? That's not what I want, I want the NFO to be created, so I'm using the Ember Native Movie scraper.

no scrape means to recover the info from internet not to load them from local.

so you have to scrape only the nfo not the images. Quite simple.

(2013-05-15, 10:58)m.savazzi Wrote: so you have to scrape only the nfo not the images. Quite simple.

OK, obviously I'm being a little thick here - how do I scrape a movie from the internet, but also have Ember automatically select the local artwork when it is available?

Even when selecting "Ember XML Movie Scraper" for "Images & Trailers" it still presents me with no artwork by default when scraping the new movie (even though it has detected the local artwork as this is visible prior to scraping!)

(2013-05-15, 11:10)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-05-15, 10:58)m.savazzi Wrote: so you have to scrape only the nfo not the images. Quite simple.

OK, obviously I'm being a little thick here - how do I scrape a movie from the internet, but also have Ember automatically select the local artwork when it is available?

Even when selecting "Ember XML Movie Scraper" for "Images & Trailers" it still presents me with no artwork by default when scraping the new movie (even though it has detected the local artwork as this is visible prior to scraping!)

MilhouseVH,
you are missing the point:
SCRAPE = get from internet

So you have to scrape ONLY the NFO.

The local information is loaded on a DB refresh.
So you can scrape all the NFO then Refresh the DB and all the images should be there.

Otherwise once the info are scraped you can DELETE all the movies (or the DB file) and recreate the DB, all info and images are loaded.

M

Team:
TMDB in the native movie scraper will not work anymore as is based on API 2.0-2.1
You will have to use my TMDB scraper as is based on 3.x

The Movie Database Developer Newsletter

2.1 API End of Life Announcement
After 4 years of dedicated service, the 2.1 API is officially being sunset. 2.1 has been through the ropes, surviving much longer than we thought it would. As traffic on 2.1 gets smaller and smaller with each passing month, we've finally made the decision to cut the cord for good.
The last day 2.1 will be online is September 15, 2013.
Our current v3 API has been out of testing since January of 2012 and we believe it is superior to 2.1 in just about every way. If you haven't upgraded now would be the time to do so.
As usual, the best place for support is our talk area. Feel free to reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook.
For more information about our current API if you haven't been around in a while, click here.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - RonnieSunde - 2013-05-15

I know this might not be the most 100% correct place to post this question, but...

I've scanned ALLLLLLL my movies with ember for years, but for some reason it seems xbmc isnt really using all that info anyway,
have I done something wrong??

when I set up a share I specify it is movies and give it a scraper, it then scans it all and I might only get posters and stuff on 50% of my movies, which is already scanned and fixed with ember...
if I go and click refresh on one movie, it will say, THERE ARE ALREADY LOCAL INFORMATION would you like to to online to scan, and I select NO, and it finds the ember stuff...

why doesnt it do that automagically when scanning/updating my whole library.... ??

Have you configured ember for Frodo?
Which are the info that are missing?

Team,
I'm thinking to put ALL language strings in only 2 files.
One for HELP and one for the strings.

Having 239874298374298374 files is a mess.

Does anyone see an issue here?

Translators: get ready for a BIG copy paste Smile Tongue

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-15

(2013-05-15, 18:32)m.savazzi Wrote: Team,

I think this idea is not so good.
If someone developed a new module, it is better if he can delivering separate language files and not have to change the global ones.

(2013-05-15, 19:59)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-15, 18:32)m.savazzi Wrote: Team,

I think this idea is not so good.
If someone developed a new module, it is better if he can delivering separate language files and not have to change the global ones.

in theory you are right. In practice I found thousands of repetitions, useless strings, same function with different strings/translations.

so having only 1 XML file will allow a better management. Also when adding modules they will only need to change 2 XML files (one for help, one for strings).

if someone want to contribute a new module they will need to LOOK at the code Wink before and if they do not feel confident they can just give us the XML and we will merge it.

also de debugging missing wrong strings will be easier.

M