Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- sialivi - 2012-01-22

Msan Wrote:2. on the media info screen add a place somewhere to display the actual name and location of the media file. (sometimes when I add new files it picks the wrong info and then it makes it easier to see which file it actually was.. now I have to change to confluence and then back again..)

I'm totally against this unless it can be disabled. I don't want extra clutter.

- stoli - 2012-01-22

@Steveb - thanks for that, already added to the skin as a sub item of TV Shows.

- User 55003 - 2012-01-23

stoli Wrote:@Steveb - thanks for that, already added to the skin as a sub item of TV Shows.

No probs, happy to help! I noticed you integrated PseudoTV with the latest push. Smile I've updated my version quite a bit and added channel config + advanced channel rules. The config xml's are a bit of a pain to code so feel free to nab them to save some time. Wink

Download PseudoTV skin

- stoli - 2012-01-23

@steven - will do tomorrow.

@Msan - #2 done as an option

- AllisterFiend - 2012-01-23

sialivi Wrote:I needed a viewtype for showing both poster and fanart, and ended up with this work-in-progress. Not sure it's worth including, I'm a programmer not a designer and should know better than to dabble in layout Wink

I really like this view also and was wondering if it had been completed and added to Metropolis, I did not see it in the latest release, but I've been know to overlook things.

Stoli, I love this skin!!!! Thanks for keeping it alive. Also, thanks to everyone else who is helping Stoli out.

- mach170 - 2012-01-23

Msan Wrote:1. have to toggle in the skin settings that when you go to the video section, it defaults to the file view (or not)

+1 on this.

It's kind of a pain going to Videos and having it load directly into the Movies or TV Shows view, depending on which one you used last and then having to back all the way out to get to the Files menu.

I have various videos (exercise, woodworking, etc) that I don't add to the TV shows library and would like to go straight to Files or at least the root menu first, rather than the last library used when opening Videos.

- kyotocafe - 2012-01-23

stoli, do you have any plan to add PVR support to Metropolis?

- asha_man - 2012-01-23

Hi Stoli,
Just recently came across this skin and love the style of it.
I use the icon home page and wanted to know if there is a way to disable the submenus and replace them with thumbs of recently added media?
If that isn't currently possible, is there a way to just hide the submenus, as I don't think they look nice with the icon homescreen.
Thanks for taking over the development on this skin.

Looking forward to watchlist being implemented Smile

- sialivi - 2012-01-23

mach170 Wrote:+1 on this.

It's kind of a pain going to Videos and having it load directly into the Movies or TV Shows view, depending on which one you used last and then having to back all the way out to get to the Files menu.

I have various videos (exercise, woodworking, etc) that I don't add to the TV shows library and would like to go straight to Files or at least the root menu first, rather than the last library used when opening Videos.

Are you sure your copy of the skin is up to date? cause it sounds like a bug that we already fixed.

If the skin is up to date, are you using eden?

Edit: Looks like this fix might have been reverted by mistake.

@stoli
I've reopened two tickets in the tracker since they haven't been commited.

- stoli - 2012-01-24

kyotocafe Wrote:stoli, do you have any plan to add PVR support to Metropolis?

In time. I don't have a pvr so it's quite difficult to code blindly...

- Capn - 2012-01-24

Just downloaded both Eden and this skin. Love the look and the feel of the skin. But for me, I am unable to change the View in Videos, Movies and TV Shows. It starts out for me in File modes, then when Select any of the formats, it brings me but I can't change the view. It stays at "List". When i click to the left or right, I see a blue ball appear to the right of the screen, but nothing happens after that.

Thoughts? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

- stoli - 2012-01-24

Add your sources and scan them to the library. Check out the how-to's

- Capn - 2012-01-24

stoli Wrote:Add your sources and scan them to the library. Check out the how-to's

Thanks. That did improve the visual, but I am not able to change the View. Is there an option to do that? Or is that something to come later?

- mach170 - 2012-01-24

sialivi Wrote:Are you sure your copy of the skin is up to date? cause it sounds like a bug that we already fixed.

If the skin is up to date, are you using eden?

Edit: Looks like this fix might have been reverted by mistake.

@stoli
I've reopened two tickets in the tracker since they haven't been commited.

I'm running Eden b2 and the skin is the latest svn.

The skin actually freaked out on me yesterday and all the skin textures disappeared and then the whole skin folder disappeared from the hard drive. I had to switch to Confluence and reinstall Metropolis from the svn.

I haven't tested it today or checked for updates.

- stoli - 2012-01-24

mach170 Wrote:I'm running Eden b2 and the skin is the latest svn.

The skin actually freaked out on me yesterday and all the skin textures disappeared and then the whole skin folder disappeared from the hard drive. I had to switch to Confluence and reinstall Metropolis from the svn.

I haven't tested it today or checked for updates.

A skin cannot do anything like that - it cannot interact with the OS.