Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - crawfish - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-11, 21:42)JDizzy Wrote: One view I would like to see come back is Info Wall... that was my favorite although Icons is also nice.
Maybe implement Artist Slideshow into music viz?

Whatever you decide,... it is looking good!

I'm seeing two views for Videos, List and Icons. Respectfully, Icons is not useful, and here's why. I'm currently looking at a 2x7 grid of featureless folder icons, and the only identifying text is at the bottom of the screen, which is where the name of the currently selected folder appears. So to navigate this view, I have to move between the featureless folder icons at the top of the screen while looking at the bottom of the screen for the name of the selected folder to know which one I'm on. Compare this to v4, where I have a Wall view with a 3x6 grid of folders with names below each folder. Even when the v5 Icons view shows thumbnails, they are in the "video case" aspect ratio instead of the widescreen ratio, and widescreen is more appropriate for thumbnails of videos. So if I were to use v5, my only choice would be the List view, which shows fewer videos and is less convenient to navigate than the v4 Wall view.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - pngaudioguy - 2014-02-11

It's certainly true that the items you haven't scanned into your library in the "Videos" category have a limited set of options. For me, this is usually just things that I'm "considering for purchase." I find list view to be most appropriate for this category, as I seldom have cover artwork or other extra info downloaded. I actually hadn't ever looked for another view, nor has my wife. She's quite content knowing that the items in the "Videos" category are lacking in extra content, while the stuff we've purchased gets fully scanned with covers and content in the "Movies" category.

Coincidentally Nox5 gets the nod of approval for usability from the less technologically inclined partner here.

As I type this, I can't for the life of me think of why they bothered having two separate video/movie categories in XBMC. I've just chosen to use it as a SWMBO sorting tool. That's worked well for me thus far. What is the difference between a movie and a video?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - removed151214 - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-11, 20:49)JDizzy Wrote: DOH!
No, they were hiding from me..... Tongue

I'm very open to suggestions how the skin shortcuts script can make this more dicoverable.

Btw BigNoid, don't know if you're aware the current version of the script in longer requires the "Set thumbnail" button, seeing as Nox5 doesn't actually show thumbnails for submenus. Worth having a read of the scripts readme file - details of changes to the management dialog are all in there.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - hunkyn - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-11, 10:55)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 01:40)hunkyn Wrote: @BigNoid I am liking the AN5 so far and it is definitely faster compared to any skin. I have one question on how can i modify the now playing music screen. I am not good at photoshop and since most of the albums i listen do not have cdart i got all the images online and so they are not perfect. Now when i play in AN5 i get the white around the cdart and i am trying to see if there is something in the skin that i can change so it does not show up. The reason i ask is i do not get this when using in MQ5 so i know there is a way to do this.

If it is not easy i understand but wanted to see if there is a file that i can modify. This will be easier for me than creating the 3000 pngs using photoshop :p

Thanks in advance
Thats because its using a diffuse texture probably. I'll see if I can post some code.

Thanks that would be great.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-11, 21:30)thebluepotato Wrote: Hello again!
Do you (BN) or anyone else recommend any tutorial or environment for modding? I've come quite far with the help of the XBMC wiki but I'm wondering how the pros do it.
I'm also quite clueless about how the "floor" is handled. I guess it'll be absent in Logo view? If that's the case I'll inspire myself with that code Tongue
On a side note, I do think having a lighter skin (it loads instantly!!!) and especially getting rid of rounded corners is the best thing to happen to AN. As to what "information" to add in certain views, I think flags should be an option cause sometimes one does indeed need to differentiate several formats of the same episode (with ahem RSS torrents especially). In general, and I think we think alike here, information should be streamlined and diminished to the point where it enables the user to efficiently find his stuff.
Cheers
The floor texture is handled in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml in the CommonBackground include. My suggestion for modding is to pick your favorite texteditor or ide and start changing small things in the xmls and see whats changed.

(2014-02-11, 23:11)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 20:49)JDizzy Wrote: DOH!
No, they were hiding from me..... Tongue

I'm very open to suggestions how the skin shortcuts script can make this more dicoverable.

Btw BigNoid, don't know if you're aware the current version of the script in longer requires the "Set thumbnail" button, seeing as Nox5 doesn't actually show thumbnails for submenus. Worth having a read of the scripts readme file - details of changes to the management dialog are all in there.
Good point. Haven't catched up with the readme yet. The script is working really good btw. Its really nice to have a fully customizable menu and not have to code every single possible submenu Smile

(2014-02-11, 22:39)crawfish Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 21:42)JDizzy Wrote: One view I would like to see come back is Info Wall... that was my favorite although Icons is also nice.
Maybe implement Artist Slideshow into music viz?

Whatever you decide,... it is looking good!

I'm seeing two views for Videos, List and Icons. Respectfully, Icons is not useful, and here's why. I'm currently looking at a 2x7 grid of featureless folder icons, and the only identifying text is at the bottom of the screen, which is where the name of the currently selected folder appears. So to navigate this view, I have to move between the featureless folder icons at the top of the screen while looking at the bottom of the screen for the name of the selected folder to know which one I'm on. Compare this to v4, where I have a Wall view with a 3x6 grid of folders with names below each folder. Even when the v5 Icons view shows thumbnails, they are in the "video case" aspect ratio instead of the widescreen ratio, and widescreen is more appropriate for thumbnails of videos. So if I were to use v5, my only choice would be the List view, which shows fewer videos and is less convenient to navigate than the v4 Wall view.
You are absolutely right. theres no good wall view yet for youtube like plugins. In fact the current wall view should not be visible there. Its meant only for icons that have the label in them.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - removed151214 - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-11, 23:30)BigNoid Wrote: Good point. Haven't catched up with the readme yet. The script is working really good btw. Its really nice to have a fully customizable menu and not have to code every single possible submenu Smile

I've been genuinely surprised how few problems have surfaced - it's so difficult to test a script which relies so heavily on the users setup. Always worth keeping an eye on the readme between versions, especially the next version (if all goes to plan!) - I'm currently doing a private test, and will soon be doing a public test, of an alternative method of listing shortcuts which *should* make it as fast to show and launch shortcuts as any skin-defined menu.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Vaikin - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-11, 23:09)pngaudioguy Wrote: As I type this, I can't for the life of me think of why they bothered having two separate video/movie categories in XBMC. I've just chosen to use it as a SWMBO sorting tool. That's worked well for me thus far. What is the difference between a movie and a video?
The videos section displays any video(movie, tv, etc) but in "files mode". It gives you access to the video sources, content type, playlists, tags, etc.

Going directly to movies bypasses all of that and ONLY displays any file that was scanning into XBMC as a movie. TV Shows do the same, but only for tv shows Smile

The default skin allows you to hide the videos entry because once you setup your sources, you very likely won't need to access it any more. Aeon Nox, since it allows you to hide anything you wish, also does this.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - nick w - 2014-02-12

Has Gotham got any gui settings page for the SQL blackened details or is it all donee through the advanced.XML still?

I had issue with Gotham accessing mynas smb share. Anyone size have issues?

N

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - crawfish - 2014-02-12

(2014-02-11, 23:30)BigNoid Wrote: You are absolutely right. theres no good wall view yet for youtube like plugins. In fact the current wall view should not be visible there. Its meant only for icons that have the label in them.

A similar situation exists in the Aeon MQ skin I briefly tried, but I didn't get any replies to the thread I started on it back in December:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181059

So it was back to Nox for me for this and other reasons. I do hope the traditional Wall view makes it into v5; it really is a useful way to view plain old files that aren't presented in the library views. Meanwhile, I've been enjoying warlion's Gotham updates to Nox 4, so if it isn't planned, that's cool, too.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - JDizzy - 2014-02-12

(2014-02-12, 04:16)crawfish Wrote: So it was back to Nox for me for this and other reasons. I do hope the traditional Wall view makes it into v5; it really is a useful way to view plain old files that aren't presented in the library views. Meanwhile, I've been enjoying warlion's Gotham updates to Nox 4, so if it isn't planned, that's cool, too.

The main reason I like the Info Wall view is because when using just the Wall view, it covers all the fanart. I figure with Info Wall, you get the covers, a description and also a window with the fanart. If it was me, I might consider making the covers a little bigger, closer to the Icon view size maybe 3x3 or 4x3. I think that would look sharp. I also liked the option of no background on wall as long as the diffuse filter was dark enough.

With regards to the skin shortcuts script, I didn't realize the arrows on top were to change categories. I saw them there and just thought they meant the list scrolls up and down. Never thought to push them. What a surprise! Lots of options there for custom buttons and using PleXBMC I need lots of custom buttons to access my content. I must say, this all works very well together.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - ezechiel1917 - 2014-02-12

Hi,
I definitely like the direction where's AN5 heading. Some thoughts:
- Can you please add FLAC audio flag for codec type "a_flac" (currently FLAC is displayed only for codec type "flac")
- Would it be possible to add an option to show more information when you press Info button while playing a video (something like custom_1118_OSDVideoInfo.xml, which is unfortunately too many clicks to get it displayed currently).
Thanks Ez.

EDIT: Cropped posters looks weird with scale. I've seen somewhere in this thread you are looking into it.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-02-12

(2014-02-12, 13:58)ezechiel1917 Wrote: Hi,
I definitely like the direction where's AN5 heading. Some thoughts:
- Can you please add FLAC audio flag for codec type "a_flac" (currently FLAC is displayed only for codec type "flac")
- Would it be possible to add an option to show more information when you press Info button while playing a video (something like custom_1118_OSDVideoInfo.xml, which is unfortunately too many clicks to get it displayed currently).
Thanks Ez.

EDIT: Cropped posters looks weird with scale. I've seen somewhere in this thread you are looking into it.

Sure, will add a_flac.
The reason I put that in a separate dialog is that you can scroll the plot. If i do that in the info dialog it would mean changing existing behaviour where up/down/left/right will skip the video.
Now that I write that down, I'm not sure if that is a big deal really...let me think about it.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - mikebzh44 - 2014-02-12

With preview 6, it's possible to build a custom menu based on smart playlist but is it possible to get a widget and statistics populated with the smart playlist ? I also did not found how to get background (Live DVD or other) based on smart playlist.

script.skinshortcuts and service.library.data.provider are up to date.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-02-12

Not yet. Still waiting on blacks pr to be merged.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - pyrodex - 2014-02-12

I've noticed in a the default view there are a few missing channel logos, are these built into some texture files and can we ask for additions?