• 31(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-02-11, 17:00)homerjs Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 11:19)LUISM Wrote: AEON NOX is no longer AEON NOX.
The best we can say is NOX 5 is some kind of NOX 4 / CONFLUENCE unwanted son (with some Android genes).
Aeon Nox description 1st sentence is "Aeon Nox stands for eye candy and customization." but maybe this is no longer true regarding Nox 5.

I realy hope someone will do something with NOX 4 so it fully supports Gotham and implements all futur changes, even if that means to create a NOX replacement skin as NOX seems to replace Confluence itself.

All this basic graphics and functions from NOX 5 meant to be reactive on all these low capable Android devices and other rPI make me feel like we loose half of this previous skin version benefits.

If NOX 4 or some kind of suite wont fully work on Gotham i would rather keep Frodo than move on to NOX 5 (on its actual state of course).

I apologize to you BigNoid (as i'm more than gratefull for all the work you have done before) but NOX 5 really isn't for me, and it was also the opinion of all my friends when i showed them last/new version differences.

Confused

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing but didn't want to say anything because it may be construed as disrespectful....Aeon Nox, Eye Candy, AE5 not so much, it's like a redo of other unenhanced skins..no disrespect meant
I dont know when you first started using Nox, but v5 is actually a lot closer to the philosophy that Nox started with then v4 Wink
To me there's plenty of eye candy, but I'm not a fan of showing the movie/tvshow logo 5 times on screen, so maybe thats the difference.

anyway, like warlion already mentioned: theres a v4 thread for gotham going on, so everybody should be happy Tongue

(2014-02-11, 17:15)pyrodex Wrote: @BigNoid

Appreciate all the hard work on the skin and love the speed and everything so far I've seen. I do have one question though, is there future plans to maybe offer a larger OSD option for people who may be custom to this in other skins?
Which OSD you mean, when paused/pressing info or with the buttons?
(2014-02-11, 17:35)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 17:15)pyrodex Wrote: @BigNoid

Appreciate all the hard work on the skin and love the speed and everything so far I've seen. I do have one question though, is there future plans to maybe offer a larger OSD option for people who may be custom to this in other skins?
Which OSD you mean, when paused/pressing info or with the buttons?

Both. My concern is the time/progress bar maybe too small for larger TVs if you are watching them at a proper distance to read the text.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
I kind of agree the progress bar is ok to me I like it, but I'm not fan of the osd buttons
(2014-02-11, 17:35)BigNoid Wrote: I dont know when you first started using Nox, but v5 is actually a lot closer to the philosophy that Nox started with then v4 Wink

I've been using nox on and off since V1 and agree with this 100%. Part of the reason I've been using it on and off was because phil65 seemed to take it in a much different direction.

Do I need to do anything special to get custom sub menus working? I've got all the addons listed in first post, I've enabled custom menus in skin settings but when I attempt to edit the sub menus I get a dialog flash on/off the screen and nothing else.
Great job BigNoid, you have done amazing work.
Old philosophy of you cant please everyone is true, but glad there are people out there who do amazing work regardless of how thankless the job may seem....
now bring back bannerview for TV shows...kidding
thanks again
(2014-02-11, 18:53)smiffy1989 Wrote: Do I need to do anything special to get custom sub menus working? I've got all the addons listed in first post, I've enabled custom menus in skin settings but when I attempt to edit the sub menus I get a dialog flash on/off the screen and nothing else.

Make sure you have preview-6 and the latest version of script.skinshortcuts. That combination should work.
I have script.skinshortcuts enabled but the options are limited pretty much to system shortcuts for the submenu.
In Aeon Nox 4 you could choose type Favorites and then use one of your favorites for the button.
Is something like this planned or must we type in the path using Custom option?
(some of the PleXBMC paths are quite lengthy)... heh
(2014-02-11, 19:43)JDizzy Wrote: I have script.skinshortcuts enabled but the options are limited pretty much to system shortcuts for the submenu.
In Aeon Nox 4 you could choose type Favorites and then use one of your favorites for the button.
Is something like this planned?

Have you tried the up/down arrows above those shortcuts...?
(2014-02-11, 03:42)st0nedpenguin Wrote: I think the only things I'm missing from Nox 4 are the views, if those were all implemented I'd be a happy man.

+1
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2014-02-11, 19:55)bobrap Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 03:42)st0nedpenguin Wrote: I think the only things I'm missing from Nox 4 are the views, if those were all implemented I'd be a happy man.

+1

+2
Smile 
(2014-02-11, 19:44)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 19:43)JDizzy Wrote: I have script.skinshortcuts enabled but the options are limited pretty much to system shortcuts for the submenu.
Is something like this planned?

Have you tried the up/down arrows above those shortcuts...?

DOH!
No, they were hiding from me..... Tongue

That will do!
Thanks
guys BigNoid already told us the source code for this AN5 is a lot simpler than the older version, it will had those views , but not for BigNoid for god sake is been told so many times already
there are a lot of modders that will implement the old views just wait until the skin is finish
Hello again!
Do you (BN) or anyone else recommend any tutorial or environment for modding? I've come quite far with the help of the XBMC wiki but I'm wondering how the pros do it.
I'm also quite clueless about how the "floor" is handled. I guess it'll be absent in Logo view? If that's the case I'll inspire myself with that code Tongue
On a side note, I do think having a lighter skin (it loads instantly!!!) and especially getting rid of rounded corners is the best thing to happen to AN. As to what "information" to add in certain views, I think flags should be an option cause sometimes one does indeed need to differentiate several formats of the same episode (with ahem RSS torrents especially). In general, and I think we think alike here, information should be streamlined and diminished to the point where it enables the user to efficiently find his stuff.
Cheers
One view I would like to see come back is Info Wall... that was my favorite although Icons is also nice.
Maybe implement Artist Slideshow into music viz?

Whatever you decide,... it is looking good!
I finally downloaded Preview 6 and installed it on my Gotham Alpha 11 - yeah, not the latest, I know. It works great! Definitely makes it obvious which artists I need to add artwork to.

I second that I'd love to have ArtistSlideshow integrated, though from following along on that thread as well I know that pkscout is still waiting for the Beta to come out so he can finalize a few things before releasing his new version. If BigNoid chooses not to integrate that, then I'll just figure out how to do it on my own, cause it's my favorite addition to XBMC.

For me, the speed and simplicity of Nox5 fits with my personal goals for my HTPC perfectly. I'm not on a low-power box (Quad-core with 8G RAM, mid-tier NVIDIA graphics, SSD O/S drive minimally built up from Debian netinst, etc) - I like instantaneous responses and minimal cruft. Thanks BigNoid! Can't wait for the final release. Big Grin
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537