Kodi Community Forum
Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Other Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=272)
+---- Thread: Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part (/showthread.php?tid=253058)

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-07-05

4K will be displayed, yes.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - d_sinca - 2016-07-05

Wow that is awesome man. Really looking forward to it

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - fbomke - 2016-07-06

Hi sualfred!
Great work on the subtitle options! There's one thing that's been bugging me for a while...
I tried to get rid of some micro stuttering that occurs while watching HDTV. I tried all of the video options kodi has to offer until I decided to start over and wiped my userdata folder ending up back with Estuary... and the stuttering was gone...
So reinstalled fTVFred and everthing was screwed up again (I mean the stuttering ;-))

So, that made me curious and I started looking into the skin's xml files. The xml loaded while watching is VideoFullScreen.xml. My first (rather brutal) attempt to get to the culprit was to wipe the whole file... Guess what, the stuttering was gone!
At first I thought nothing was missing, and all of the OSD elements there were just redundant (probably from Hitcher's initial release) and are obviously stored somewhere else (e.g. VideoOSD.xml) but after a while I noticed stuff like FastForward and Rewind arrows are missing...

Is this something you can look into? It might boost the performance on some weaker hardware (like my Atom X5 box)

Thanks a lot!!

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-07-06

It makes no sense, because all controls are invisible during the normal playback.
And I never faced such an issue, even on a slow Pi2. But to be honest, the last time I've started my Pi2 was 5 months ago.

Do you use Windows, OE, LibreElec, OSMC?

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - fbomke - 2016-07-06

That's the funny part: No issues on my Pi2 in the kitchen, too... But the machine in my living room (which should be more powerful) runs on Windows 10

It's this one: http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_288823.html

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-07-06

China lemonware. Even with good specs on the paper, it's still a China lemon.
A lot of those have CPU throtteling problems.

Just can give you hints to solve the problem:
- Check your deinterlacing and player decoding settings
- Check for driver updates
- Check for RAM/CPU eating background processes
- Try a fresh Windows installation
- Try LibreElec to get a small and clean Kodi
- Replace the device with a small Intel NUC/ASRock Beebox

Thanks for your advice. Since I didn't want to mess with my main box in the living room (my family would've killed me ;-), I set up Kodi on my work notebook (Lenovo Core i3, so hardware should't be an issue...). The outcome is the same. When displaying the codec infos I could see that kodi skips 1-2 frames per second (and counting). So I switched back to Estuary there's no frame skipping...That's why I think this is skin related. You're right about all the elements in the xml being hidden, but I think the cause of this issue is that those elements are faded out out instead of being hidden...

One thing I noticed that might help: Even in Estuary frames are skipped when hitting 'i' for OSD infos. So my guess is there's something on the screen that's just faded out.

There is no element in VideoFullscreen.xml, which is just faded out.
I have no noticeable stuttering with LiveTV (TV Headend as backend) on an i7 Haswell PC, i7 Skylake laptop, i3 Skylake NUC and RPi2. Deinterlacing is enabled/50hz PAL.

If you really think it's skin related, just do me a favour and remove each single control group step by step to investigate the problem.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-07-10

To be sure I've updated my PI2 to the latest Krypton nightly (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=269814) and tested 1080p videos, PAL SD and HD LiveTV .
That's the slowest device I have available and I faced no stuttering.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Ayla - 2016-07-25

I'm using your repo and latest Krypton nightly, and updating to the latest build (3.1.5 I think) fails when doing 'check for updates'.

Any ideas?

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-07-25

(2016-07-25, 09:53)Ayla Wrote: I'm using your repo and latest Krypton nightly, and updating to the latest build (3.1.5 I think) fails when doing 'check for updates'.

Any ideas?

Oops, I guess I moved the wrong files.
Could you please test if it's working again?

Folder thumbnails for Recorded TV - DVBlink - ronschaeffer - 2016-07-25

Hello-

Great skin/mod.

I'm using a DVBlink PVR backend together with two Android TV devices (Nexus Player and Android TV).

Is it possible to display thumbnails instead of generic folder icons for Recorded TV series folders? I feel like I must be missing something to enable this. (Thumbnails are working for individual episodes.)

Thanks.
Ron

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-07-25

Sorry, nope. It's a folder and it has no own thumb.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - dirtydesaster - 2016-07-26

Hello,
I have 2 little requests, maybe you can think about Smile

1)
The audio-codec flag looks nice, maybe you can make a resolution flag too? (576,720,1080)

2)
Can you add a support for the german mpaa in the tv series view?
Ember Media Manager can scrape the german mpaa, other skins (AEON Nox) support them too

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-07-26

(2016-07-26, 08:49)dirtydesaster Wrote: Hello,
I have 2 little requests, maybe you can think about Smile

1)
The audio-codec flag looks nice, maybe you can make a resolution flag too? (576,720,1080)

2)
Can you add a support for the german mpaa in the tv series view?
Ember Media Manager can scrape the german mpaa, other skins (AEON Nox) support them too

1 -> Nope. Don't want to add more flags. HD and 4K are already displayed as badges on the icon.
2 -> Done, but untested. Could you please test the latest GitHub version? Pushed it a few seconds ago.