Kodi Community Forum
Release Eminence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Release Eminence (/showthread.php?tid=187071)

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-08-25

(2014-08-22, 20:05)StealthDefender Wrote: I got the update and looks pretty good!
Live Tv Widget would be nice, something like next Recording or so.
Is there a way to direct start if you press on tv series in progress instead go into the series folder?
Oh, the old Additional homescreen widgets when you press down with the little icons for movies,series,trailers was my favourite. The new style fits not my needs Big Grin only my 50cent.
Greetz Stealth
Yeah, been trying to figure something for next recordings to display on the homescreen, just haven't come up with anything yet.
The only place I think that happens for inprogress is with the "down" widget carousel. If you get the service.library.data.provider addon you can set the path of one of the down widget items to the following for episode in progress rather than show in progress:
Code:
plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes&reload=

I knew some people would prefer the old style, but its pretty much the same (you just press up to cycle through them). It doesn't make sense to maintain an option to switch between the two because it causes way too much code and option bloat. Just one of those tough decisions I had to make.

(2014-08-22, 21:54)dkplayaclub Wrote:
(2014-08-22, 15:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: Strange. I'm not doing anything unusual here and never had any problems. I'll have a think about what it could be. Do the logos show in other skins on fullscreen video? (not just in the library because xbmc uses different infolabels for library and videoplayer - ListItem.Art vs Player.Art)
OK. I did not know there were 2 different "libraries". I was checking in Rapier if the logos showed up in the list of movies/TV shows. Not sure what skins I could use to check this, I ill check it out and let you know.
It all comes from the same database of artwork - the artwork is just provided to the skin via a different method (the videoplayer rather than the list). Since the code for this part is relatively simple it makes me think that it is likely an xbmc problem (really can't see how it would be a skin problem)

(2014-08-23, 08:21)emptyhead Wrote: Music hub looks awesome. I would assume most people use the Radio addon. Can it be added under songs?
What do you mean by Radio addon? Through the PVR? Or do you mean specific radio addons (i.e. music addons?) I will have options eventually to add your own custom items.

(2014-08-23, 10:49)Nedle Wrote: Are there any plans on adding some more stuff to the download subtitles window? Don't see anything on the To-do list regarding it.
Would love to have sync, cc icons and preferably also the file name so you can match subtitles yourself.
Yeah this will be added at some stage, just been a little lazy on maintaining the todo list.

(2014-08-23, 16:42)stuCONNERS Wrote: Will music and PVR hubs be going like the TV and Movies hubs? At the moment the TV/Movie hubs have the option to add short cuts to addons.
Yep.

(2014-08-24, 11:24)sattekop Wrote: hi @jurialmunkey
I am wondering if there is a way in this skin where for some views I can influence the transperancy to show more of the background fanart and more of the colour of the background fanart.
Until Emience the Transparency skin was my favorite. When I was in the movie hub I would have the setting at fanart. In the Eminence skin I would like in the movie hub, when I am using your Info List to ge the option to set the background skin colour to actually see the fanart colour background, but leave enough contrast to see/read the information. Can I already do this in the skin, or would this be a possible enhancement?
There is an option in the Skin Settings > Fanart section to decrease the fade on the background fanart. Have you tried enabling that? View specific options are more trouble than they are worth.

(2014-08-24, 13:06)suku_patel_22 Wrote: How do we get to this lovely carousel view? Sometimes pressing down arrow does it but doesn't work all the time.
Yeah it wasn't working on first startup. For some reason the home window wasn't setting a property on startup - you had to go into the library then come back home to get it to set properly. I made the startup window also set the property so it should be fixed now.

(2014-08-24, 15:20)dkplayaclub Wrote: As nice as that looks, for my purposes I have been wondering if there is a way to disable it completely.
Skin Settings > Background Widgets: Disable the "Press down to access additional homescreen widgets" option.

RE: Eminence - dkplayaclub - 2014-08-25

Don't know what this means, but it's something. Have not gotten any responses to my issue in posts on 3 message boards.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161413&highlight=logo

Does this tell anyone anything? I am grasping at straws now

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-08-25

(2014-08-25, 05:39)dkplayaclub Wrote: Don't know what this means, but it's something. Have not gotten any responses to my issue in posts on 3 message boards.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161413&highlight=logo

Does this tell anyone anything? I am grasping at straws now
Not really. Eminence doesn't access local logo.png files for artwork, only stuff scanned to the artwork database.

RE: Eminence - dkplayaclub - 2014-08-25

Thanks for taking the time to reply. After looking closer at the issue, I have realized that the issue is only happening on media added to my library from addons (.strm files). If I have the media directly on the network the logo shows up fine, but if it's a .strm file I get no logo.
Trying to attack it from other angles now, but I thought I would let you know where I am now.

RE: Eminence - flexage - 2014-08-25

Hey jurialmonkey,

I have been trying to figure out why I am unable to schedule a recording from the EPG lately... It seems that when XBMC moved from Frodo to Gotham, they changed the way recordings are scheduled.

In Frodo you just used to select "set timer" (or set recording, depending on the skin) and then confirm that you wanted to record the programme. It seems that in gotham, when you set a timer there is an additional dialog that is now shown, so that you can choose some settings related to series linking.

Eminence seems to be missing this dialog.

I have tried to source some information on how to implement this change in skins, so that I could submit a Pull Request myself, but have been unable to find any information on the changes required.

Is there any chance you could have a look at this? I tried referring to the confluence source code to see if I could see what they do in there, but got a bit lost ;P

All the best,

Alex (flexage)

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-08-26

(2014-08-22, 20:08)en0x Wrote: Hey
I noticed that loading widget... in left top right corner doesn't have dark background anymore. Like the volume indicator...
It used to work fine with dark background a while ago and now it's broken. It's hard to see with a transparent background
The new "flat" theme has opaque backgrounds, try that.

(2014-08-25, 15:53)dkplayaclub Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to reply. After looking closer at the issue, I have realized that the issue is only happening on media added to my library from addons (.strm files). If I have the media directly on the network the logo shows up fine, but if it's a .strm file I get no logo.
Trying to attack it from other angles now, but I thought I would let you know where I am now.
If that's the case, I have a feeling that the Player code in xbmc probably doesn't grab all the artwork types for stream files - just guessing, but thats my hunch.

(2014-08-25, 18:17)flexage Wrote: I have been trying to figure out why I am unable to schedule a recording from the EPG lately... It seems that when XBMC moved from Frodo to Gotham, they changed the way recordings are scheduled.

In Frodo you just used to select "set timer" (or set recording, depending on the skin) and then confirm that you wanted to record the programme. It seems that in gotham, when you set a timer there is an additional dialog that is now shown, so that you can choose some settings related to series linking.

Eminence seems to be missing this dialog.
What backend do you use? It works perfectly fine for me using tvheadend - its all done with contextmenu and yes/no dialog for tvheadend. I'm going to take a stab and guess you are using wmc-pvr? Series linking is a hack that it uses and needs a special dialog which I haven't skinned yet. I'm not sure, but I would expect there is a way to turn that feature off which would make it work...

RE: Eminence - flexage - 2014-08-26

Sorry, I forgot to mention... we're using Next PVR. I had a look through the config but there's minimal options and I can't see one to turn off the series linking dialog. It seems to work properly in confluence Wink Any ideas of something we could do? Thanks for your reply Smile

RE: Eminence - locomot1f - 2014-08-26

peace @jurialmunkey, wondering if I can interest you in a Mauve theme -- cc99ff

RE: Eminence - locomot1f - 2014-08-26

i love the flat theme!
?uestion though... can you have the Flat theme and the Colour be more consistent?
i.e., If i have the Flat them, and Crimson color -- on some menu items, the highlight is still the default blue (cyan).

I know it's not how it usually goes. just that "Flat" seems more like a true theme, that should be independent of color.

RE: Eminence - dkplayaclub - 2014-08-26

Seems that the clearlogo issue is with XBMC. At long last, I have no recourse. lol
Thanks for at least helping me eliminate one possibility.

As for disabling the recently added widget, I do already have "Press down to access additional homescreen widgets" disabled, but the widget still pops up when I mouse over the central area of my screen. I would like to completely remove this as well if possible.
Other than that, there are a few bugs with mouse controls, but I am sure you are aware of them and they are just a little farther down the to-do list. I can be patient.

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-08-27

(2014-08-26, 15:13)flexage Wrote: Sorry, I forgot to mention... we're using Next PVR. I had a look through the config but there's minimal options and I can't see one to turn off the series linking dialog. It seems to work properly in confluence Wink Any ideas of something we could do? Thanks for your reply Smile
Hmmm, I'm not sure. I know I'm missing groupmanager and recording info dialogs for pvr, but neither of those have anything to do with series linking etc.

Can you grab me a screenshot of the dialog in Confluence?

(2014-08-26, 16:07)locomot1f Wrote: peace @jurialmunkey, wondering if I can interest you in a Mauve theme -- cc99ff
Its a nice colour, but I think it is a little too light which makes the text readability a little difficult.

(2014-08-26, 19:27)locomot1f Wrote: i love the flat theme!
?uestion though... can you have the Flat theme and the Colour be more consistent?
i.e., If i have the Flat them, and Crimson color -- on some menu items, the highlight is still the default blue (cyan).

I know it's not how it usually goes. just that "Flat" seems more like a true theme, that should be independent of color.
Thanks. Check latest git, I added flat themes for the other three colours - there is one texture that needs to be changed to match the colour theme (cant do it with a colordiffuse for various reasons) - so that's why you need to have a special theme for each colour rather than just a colour scheme.

(2014-08-26, 23:01)dkplayaclub Wrote: Seems that the clearlogo issue is with XBMC. At long last, I have no recourse. lol
Thanks for at least helping me eliminate one possibility.

As for disabling the recently added widget, I do already have "Press down to access additional homescreen widgets" disabled, but the widget still pops up when I mouse over the central area of my screen. I would like to completely remove this as well if possible.
Other than that, there are a few bugs with mouse controls, but I am sure you are aware of them and they are just a little farther down the to-do list. I can be patient.
I do remember reading something ages ago about artwork and remote files but I can't remember what it was exactly.

Yeah I noticed the mouse issue with the widget the other day when using my laptop (main htpc doesnt have a mouse only remote). I'm not quite sure how I'm going to fix that yet. There are a few mouse things todo - once I get a few of the left over little things done I'll start working on mouse support - hoping to have it for main repo release.

RE: Eminence - da-anda - 2014-08-27

(2014-08-27, 01:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: Thanks. Check latest git, I added flat themes for the other three colours - there is one texture that needs to be changed to match the colour theme (cant do it with a colordiffuse for various reasons) - so that's why you need to have a special theme for each colour rather than just a colour scheme.
Could you describe the issues you have to overcome by using a theme instead of a colour scheme in the skin dev main forum, so that we probably could find and add a fix for it to Helix?

RE: Eminence - robbyyyyyy - 2014-08-27

Theme: Flat-Crimson
Color: Crimson

^^That makes this one hell of a gorgeous skin. Or really just the mix of flat and regular. I found that using both flat for color and theme made it too dark.

RE: Eminence - PatOso - 2014-08-27

Why the default view is list instead of thumbnails in Video Addons as in xperience1080?, Youtube,Vevo,Muzu etc, etc, difficult to navigate in list view.
Any way to force thumbnail forever?.Huh

Thanks.

RE: Eminence - locomot1f - 2014-08-27

(2014-08-27, 01:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: Thanks. Check latest git, I added flat themes for the other three colours - there is one texture that needs to be changed to match the colour theme (cant do it with a colordiffuse for various reasons) - so that's why you need to have a special theme for each colour rather than just a colour scheme.

got it. thanks for the update.
keep up the amazing work! simply the best.