Kodi Community Forum
Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Other Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=272)
+---- Thread: Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part (/showthread.php?tid=253058)

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - blueshinex - 2017-01-30

Hello sualfred,

nice Update v.3.5.9

Thanks, I have adapted it again for me. Smile
watch gallery

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2017-01-30

Makes sense to add this option. Feel free to create a PR.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - UsefulG - 2017-02-08

@sualfred Now that Krypton has been released will you start working on the skin for v18 Leia? I'd like to start testing the Milhouse Pi builds with Retroplayer but I'm holding off until I can use my preferred skin instead of stock Estuary. Danke.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2017-02-08

Sorry, not in the near future. I switched to Emby as database provider and there will be no support for the next few months.

But there will be a Leia version, promised.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - UsefulG - 2017-02-09

Cool, no problem. I'm happy to wait and test as required.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - fonzie - 2017-02-10

(2017-02-08, 21:50)sualfred Wrote: Sorry, not in the near future. I switched to Emby as database provider and there will be no support for the next few months.

But there will be a Leia version, promised.

Do you mean that you are using the emby addon to display your database on Kodi? Or are you simply using emby now to browse and play your media?

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2017-02-10

Emby is my database, Kodi the client.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - dirtydesaster - 2017-02-11

Is it normal for your skin to download the fanart instead of using the local fanart? (in the movies & series section) Or is this a addon-thing?

Maybe you can put a choice in the options Smile

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2017-02-11

It's using the local fanart, but there is a fallback to skin helper service.

fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - b711 - 2017-02-11

(2017-02-10, 08:48)sualfred Wrote: Emby is my database, Kodi the client.

'<offtopic>Would you mind to explain the advantages of such a setup compared to a shared library with MySQL?</offtopic>

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2017-02-11

-> No more library update needed. All changes are applied on the fly.
-> DB and watch status are the same on all machines
-> Inegrated great scraper and meta data manager
-> Transcoding (Emby server can be on a different location)
-> Use Kodi on your HTPC and the Emby clients on the browser, xbox one, ps4, Android, or what ever you want to use as playback device

Just google it or read the threads.

fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - b711 - 2017-02-11

Thanks, I will look into that

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - tico10d - 2017-02-11

Has the transifx proyect been restarted? I translated almost all Spanish strings a while ago but they are gone, there are 300+ now to translate. I could do that again, but it would take some time.

(2017-02-11, 16:08)tico10d Wrote: Has the transifx proyect been restarted? I translated almost all Spanish strings a while ago but they are gone, there are 300+ now to translate. I could do that again, but it would take some time.

Yep. I killed it by mistake, sorry.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - dirtydesaster - 2017-02-12

(2017-02-11, 09:00)sualfred Wrote: It's using the local fanart, but there is a fallback to skin helper service.

yes, but with the new version it doesn't use my local fanart. All fanarts will be downloaded.

maybe a false version from Skin helper Service? I use 1.1.0