Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-03-27

(2019-03-27, 00:21)louisefindlay23 Wrote: I updated the skin to the downloaded zip from here https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie but I still get a lower cased continue watching.

Also, my clearlogos don't show up when osd is paused.
You can edit the label on the continue watching widget in skin settings

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - Comma - 2019-03-27

(2019-03-27, 02:15)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: I read the post about needing an omdb api key to have rotten tomatoes rating, got a key, but it came in 2 formats: (a short string of letters and numbers) & (a url followed by the same letters and numbers). Which needs to be entered into artwork beef or universal movie scraper to get rotten tomatoes ratings? I have TMDB rating but not RT or IMDB..

You don't need the OMDB key in Artwork Beef, you need it in UMS scraper if you are using that and Metadata and Artwork module add-on, I know the API key and Metadata and Artwork module is working with Bingie I used that in the past, it's just I am in the process of rebuilding my Kodi library and have chosen to use UMS to scrape my movies and now I only get the IMDB rating working in Bingie.

The key looks like this: dh98kn68

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - restax - 2019-03-27

(2019-03-27, 02:19)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 23:40)restax Wrote: Hey! I've  been using Bingie since v0.3 and have been lurking this thread since then. I just did a fresh install of Kodi & Bingie to update to v1. I've always had 2 issues with Bingie that I'm unable to fix on my own.
1) The Home & Back buttons are visible in the video (movie/TV show) info screen. I've looked through the settings but never found a way to hide them.
2) I'm unable to use extra fanart. I'm using Artwork Beef to get 3 fanarts. Use extra fanart is turned on and fanart is set to cycle every 5 seconds in media library views. I also disabled the fanart option in the default tMDb scraper so that I only have fanart from AB. The disable extra fanart option is off in the sideblade options menu. I don't know why but the fanart always stays on the 1st fanart and never cycles to the rest.
I could never figure these out. So finally I've decided to make a post for it. So please help me out. Thank you.
1. Is probably because you have the "Enable mouse and touch support" option selected under general skin settings.

2. My extra fanart used to work but hasn't since using artwork beef, not sure if there is a correlation. Theres a setting in artwork beef that allows you to put the extra fanart into the kodi defined extra fanart location instead of with the movie file.. Not sure if that helps..

Try reading this: https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwork.beef/usage/settings/ 

Thank you for the 1st one. Disabling mouse support fixed it.
For the extrafanart issue though, right now, I'm not saving the artwork locally along with the media files, they're only being stored in Kodi's cache. Would changing that setting work with the cache too? Did that setting work for you?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - ryadre - 2019-03-27

Small suggestion to make the cached/buffer ahead part of the progress bar a bit darker, very hard to see how far ahead it is. Thanks

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - 416eddie - 2019-03-27

Awesome work on this skin, thanks. I can’t get the search to work, does it only work with your library now or does it work with Addons too??

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-03-27

(2019-03-27, 10:05)ryadre Wrote: Small suggestion to make the cached/buffer ahead part of the progress bar a bit darker, very hard to see how far ahead it is. Thanks

I second this suggestions.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - grote345 - 2019-03-27

@somebody  little help please ? i have question regarding skin helper service widgets ! yeah i do use version 1.1.1 

If i open mixed media, Top Picks Movies and TV Shows ( its empty nothing is showing up ) this is also the same for Recommended Movies and TV Shows ! the rest is working without any problem !

And under configure  Skin helper service widgets is the option Enable Experimental Recommended Widgets enabled ( I did a uninstall / install of Kodi 18 and it stays the same it did not solve this )

i'am a bit at loss here  Sad

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-03-27

(2019-03-27, 11:22)grote345 Wrote: @somebody  little help please ? i have question regarding skin helper service widgets ! yeah i do use version 1.1.1 

If i open mixed media, Top Picks Movies and TV Shows ( its empty nothing is showing up ) this is also the same for Recommended Movies and TV Shows ! the rest is working without any problem !

And under configure  Skin helper service widgets is the option Enable Experimental Recommended Widgets enabled ( I did a uninstall / install of Kodi 18 and it stays the same it did not solve this )

i'am a bit at loss here  Sad

I'm not 100% on this but I think those are linked to your trakt and or IMDb accounts do you have them enabled?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - Desperados - 2019-03-27

I have a question about the popular and trending (tmdb & trakt) widgets. I enabled the widgets from extended info add-on in the skin helper widgets settings.
The steps I took was select widget > default widgets > skin helper service widgets > movies > trakt - trending movies.
Now when I go back to my homescreen I see the widget loading but then nothing turns up, like there is no widget.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a step I've missed? The same goes for tmdb - popular movies..
I was looking for a way to make a new movies section and with playlists you only get the option for recently added or sort by year. With the popular and trending widget I could get the newer movies I believe..

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - FlashOne - 2019-03-27

(2019-03-27, 12:34)Desperados Wrote: I have a question about the popular and trending (tmdb & trakt) widgets. I enabled the widgets from extended info add-on in the skin helper widgets settings.
The steps I took was select widget > default widgets > skin helper service widgets > movies > trakt - trending movies.
Now when I go back to my homescreen I see the widget loading but then nothing turns up, like there is no widget.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a step I've missed? The same goes for tmdb - popular movies..
I was looking for a way to make a new movies section and with playlists you only get the option for recently added or sort by year. With the popular and trending widget I could get the newer movies I believe..
Maybe you missed one important thing: TMDB and Trakt sections inside Skin helper service widgets only show movies or tv shows which are already inside your library and puts them in certain categories. So, if you don't have any movie or tv show that could populate a specific section, it will be empty.
To achieve what you're looking the easiest imho is to create a widget using Extended info add-on entries

RE: Titan BINGIE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 30/01/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-03-27

(2019-03-26, 13:50)tantrum080 Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 17:12)tantrum080 Wrote: Ok so not sure if this how you wanted spotlight to work but the way it works now is if I highlight spotlight, it will load the trailer for the current film in spotlight but as soon as the video loads - the info changes right away to the next film - causing the issue of whatever trailer is being shown is not the same as the details on the screen as is showing the next movie synopsis instead so if you click play you are playing a diff film than the trailer you just watched, also once the trailer finishes it does not autoplay the next one and just stays on that screen and also does not update unless I highlight something else and go back to spotlight - then the same issues occur all over again.

Anyway you could fix this, or is it just me having this issue?? Also I had an idea of pressing right or left trigger to go to the next spotlight content of possible instead of having to wait for it to change - even though right now it's not changing without clicking off of spotlight and back on

@Cartman.dos

If I use the option "set spotlight content to recommendations based on recently watched" I have this issue,
If I use the default spotlight option (all options off apart from "auto play trailer for spotlight content" - then my spotlight will only load the film "Mary Poppins" for some reason. I have plenty of watched movies and TV shows in my library so not sure why this happens - I have uploaded a video of the behaviour that happens - it's 10 mins but should show you what seems to be happening.

Also quick note, when loading up initially if I press down on the remote the bingie side bar menu pops up everytime only happens when starting up but not sure why this is.

Http://Youtu.be/bS7bu98fyRM

Edit: using custom content with spotlight shows this shows more of what I'm talking about when it plays the previous trailer.

https://youtu.be/GLwJ8OaZVpU                
Have you seen my reply here?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=334820&pid=2838135#pid2838135

I can't change that behavior, default spotlight shows last added movie/tvshow (with some randomality between the two) that has a good rating. basically it is best to use content for spotlight that is order by date added (but you can play with the other variables) so that even when it force refreshes, the last date added returns the same item and thus you don't see the content had changed...(unless library has updated, then obviously date added order will change item, but that's fine). so just find which content you want best and use it with date added order.

about opening menu, that could happen in a specific time-window, like 1 second after startup because default focus is the menu which is what needs to be focused for most other-than-bingie layouts...unfortunately that's one of this things that is an issue when having a skin that offers too much.
(2019-03-26, 14:50)louisefindlay23 Wrote: I can't get clearlogos to show when OSD is paused. Where are they supposed to appear? Using PlexKodiConnect in addon mode. Would configuring direct paths help?
you should look at the PKC thread, it seems to be an issue related with the addon. skinner side has only one way to get clearlogo inside player which is using videoplayer.clearlogo, so if kodi can't retrieve that for some reason, you won't be able to get it. this is not a skin issue.
(2019-03-26, 15:05)FlashOne Wrote: Perfect, now all old widget layouts and displays are back to their places, thx!

Finally Slim OSD has a time bar! Now we only miss Remaining time and Total Lenght. EDIT: forgot to say that it also miss and Channel Name and Now airing above OSD buttons, which are well present in Non-Slim OSD.
Haven't noticed any change in others OSD styles (besides automatic resize of buttons layout according to what is in playing, really amazing!)

About thumb/channel icon fallback: it works almost fine but, imho, it's not useful like older behavior to show channel logo. I'll try to explain better: when surfing through channels, I think it's easier to find something I'm looking for if I came across a well known logo. An epg thumb isn't often so quick to understand at a glance. While it's not an issue in guide or channel list view, epg thumbs don't look as good as channel logos do when OSD pop up. Had same thoughts speaking with mardukL and he was agree too; best solution would be like in above posted picture (channel logo in low position and EPG preview when infos are on) but, if it's something impossible to achieve, channels logos should have priority over epg thumbs 
Is remaining time and total length working for you in Marduk's mod? because we use pretty much the same info but maybe i miss something and can compare for reference.
channel name and number not supposed to appear on other osds, but you can see them when you showinfo, right?
but i'm guessing there's a logic in adding them for pvr...
about logos/icons/etc, it's really a guessing game for me, i think it'd be best if you just play with the var here, erase the condition="..." part and just replace each one to be the first and look what you get, then you can tell me which order seems logical because i've got zero idea honestly.
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie/blob/master/xml/IncludesOSD.xml#L3052
(2019-03-26, 15:38)cookem Wrote: It appears I spoke too soon....the widget layouts now work as expected but when I actually go into the libraries and exit back to the homescreen it reverts to the bingie layout for the homescreen.

I also noticed on intial kodi startup the widgets do not load. I am using smart playlists for my widgets and use path substitution to pull them from a network share.  this was not an issue seen in the old version 
I think that's a kodi bug related to $exp. 
Could you try edit home.xml and change this line
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie/blob/master/xml/Home.xml#L77
from $EXP[IsVerticalLayout]
to
Code:
String.IsEqual(Skin.String(HomeLayout),simplever) | String.IsEqual(Skin.String(HomeLayout),simplever_tiles) | String.IsEqual(Skin.String(HomeLayout),verticalbig)
(2019-03-26, 18:38)Comma Wrote: I have some trouble getting ratings other than IMDB to show in the skin I have my movies scraped by the Universal Movies Scraper add-on and can confirm its working for Rotten tomatoes, I also have entered a OMDB api key.
the first picture is from Aeon Nox Silvo skin.

ImageImage
paste a debug log just to make sure nothing (specifically SH-related) is not failing.
I just tested on my end and seems to work fine...
watch gallery

Most of the times it's just entering the apis and either wait (few hours/days) or force re-caching by deleting simplecache.db
(2019-03-26, 19:09)FlashOne Wrote: They also works in tv shows (TVDB scraper) but here I got a different trouble: I can't set boxed info status (like renewed show, ended etc...) anymore; tried a quick downgrade to 0.3beta and everything works fine there. EDIT: "downgrading" to proper repository skin version resolved the issue.
@cartman.dos Is there an easy way to import 523 view from oldest beta and use it on actual 1.0.0? 

It's not that, it's probably because you must disable the 'additional info' line to show media flags both in home and view523. because otherwise there's a good chance of overlapping that can't go together. you can just edit the xml itself to remove the condition to show media flags if you want to 'take the chance'
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie/blob/master/xml/View_523_Bingie_Main.xml#L241
(note that this is if you're using latest git, which in it i separated the option of disabling additional info from home tab options to context-menu.
in other words, make sure footer is enabled for media library views, go to view523, open context menu, disable additional info. close the window and reopen, it should now appear.
(2019-03-26, 19:37)joeyd2424 Wrote: Another question lol how do you set the video to resume playback in the background? Can’t seem to find that setting. Is that a personal option or something I’ve got clicked and need to disable? Thanks in advance.
if it's in the background then the focus is on items you're browsing, you can press back to show fullscreen and resume then go back to browse or have a keymap to resume video.
(2019-03-26, 20:58)jsnj Wrote: Not sure which related addon is the culprit so I'm posting here to see if anyone else has the issue. Both the "Recommended Movies" and "In progress and Recommended Movies" widgets no longer function. Using Titan Bingie v1.0.0 & skin helper service widgets addon v1.1.1 & skin helper service v1.0.34.
was able to reproduce it on my end, will patch it.
(2019-03-26, 21:09)Rick32 Wrote: Only problem i got is every time after startup or after watching something i need to switch font in interface settings, cause the texts dissapear.

Not a big problem but a little annoying.
Sounds like a big problem, but doesn't sound like skin related (i hope). enable debug in kodi and paste the log, maybe something will show...
(2019-03-26, 21:10)Comma Wrote: Thanks then those must from the API key since TMDB scraper don't scrape RT ratings.

@Cartman.dos can you confirm if Universal Movie scraper ratings should work/show with your skin or could there be some kind of conflict combining UMS and the OMDB API key since I do have a key entered also. 
I'll try to make it clearer.
Universal Scraper can scrape IMDB, TMDB and Metacritic (and somewhat Rotten...but it is bugged).
But!!!!!! Beside rating that is scraped as the main (most of the time it'd be imdb) they can only be used inside info dialog! (and rotten will probably won't work at all).
IMDB and TMDB/TVDB from scraper do not require api keys and are important to show in the skin because they are FASTER since they derive from kodi DB.
However scrapers only scrape when library is scanned thus the rating will stay same as long as library was not deleted and rescraped.

Skin Helper on the other hand can be used to show all ratings everywhere in the skin, and is a must for showing rotten. without OMDB api key it will not retrieve metacritic/rotten and for other ratings (tmdb/tvdb/imdb) it will get JUST 5 A DAY, so that's why it is important to insert API keys in Metadata Artwork Module to get all ratings, show in home/hubs/library and everywhere that is not info dialog, and to get them in a few hours/days at most in contrast to not getting metacritic/rotten at all, and getting them VERY slowly without api keys.
Also, Skin helper renews cache once in 14 days. so the ratings shown are more updated than rating that been scraped a year ago for example. It is also the reason why sometime even after entering api keys you will not get ratings for a few days (skin helper is in cool-down time), and to force it you need to delete simplecache.db file.
(2019-03-26, 23:07)xpronic Wrote: Any apps I can use to quickly download tv show trailers like tiny media manager for movies?
Nope. If you find a good one, do let me know Smile
(2019-03-26, 23:40)restax Wrote: Hey! I've  been using Bingie since v0.3 and have been lurking this thread since then. I just did a fresh install of Kodi & Bingie to update to v1. I've always had 2 issues with Bingie that I'm unable to fix on my own.
1) The Home & Back buttons are visible in the video (movie/TV show) info screen. I've looked through the settings but never found a way to hide them.
2) I'm unable to use extra fanart. I'm using Artwork Beef to get 3 fanarts. Use extra fanart is turned on and fanart is set to cycle every 5 seconds in media library views. I also disabled the fanart option in the default tMDb scraper so that I only have fanart from AB. The disable extra fanart option is off in the sideblade options menu. I don't know why but the fanart always stays on the 1st fanart and never cycles to the rest.
I could never figure these out. So finally I've decided to make a post for it. So please help me out. Thank you.
1) I believe you solved it? (disable mouse&touch setting)
2) For cycling fanart you need the setting 'use extrafanart' enabled in media library views tab, i just tested it and it worked on my end...
with clean install, and after quick run of artwork beef...
(2019-03-27, 02:07)francissimard01 Wrote: When i go in skin settings and switch off the Show all widget detach from main menu. After i click back to go to the main screen and it freezes black screen. I can here the sound but nothing moves. Can you tell me if this happens to others and can it be fixed ? It happened with the older version to last week.
Tested just now on my end and it worked fine...you can paste a debug log and i'll check if something weird is going on behind the scenes...
(2019-03-27, 02:15)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: I read the post about needing an omdb api key to have rotten tomatoes rating, got a key, but it came in 2 formats: (a short string of letters and numbers) & (a url followed by the same letters and numbers). Which needs to be entered into artwork beef or universal movie scraper to get rotten tomatoes ratings? I have TMDB rating but not RT or IMDB..
Its a shorts string comprised of letters and numbers. no url.
(2019-03-27, 02:23)cscott1 Wrote: I have another feature request it would be pretty awesome if you could add the options to mark as watched in Trakt and mark as unwatched in Trakt to the context menu for library items. as just marking watched may work for Trakt but it definitely doesn't remove items from Trakt when marking them unwatched it just changes Library progress so the next time Trakt does an update it shows all the items you marked as unwatched as watched again, It would be great to be able to make these changes from within the skin instead of logging onto a computer to do it. I know it can be done I seen it done in a banned addon.
Can only be done with third-party addon that communicates to trakt api, it's not a small task to do and should be performed by one of the addons devs related to a trakt addon... (the addon integrates to the kodi built-in context menu, not by me)
(2019-03-27, 11:00)416eddie Wrote: Awesome work on this skin, thanks. I can’t get the search to work, does it only work with your library now or does it work with Addons too??
Only library, don't believe there is a search that can look inside all addons...
but you can always integrate to library with an addon, look it up it has been discussed here but i'm not personally familiar with it.
(2019-03-27, 11:22)grote345 Wrote: @somebody  little help please ? i have question regarding skin helper service widgets ! yeah i do use version 1.1.1 

And under configure  Skin helper service widgets is the option Enable Experimental Recommended Widgets enabled ( I did a uninstall / install of Kodi 18 and it stays the same it did not solve this )

i'am a bit at loss here  Sad
Will patch this soon.
(2019-03-27, 12:34)Desperados Wrote: I have a question about the popular and trending (tmdb & trakt) widgets. I enabled the widgets from extended info add-on in the skin helper widgets settings.
First make sure you have updated 5.6.1 extended info (it's on my repo), since 5.6.0 has issues with trakt.
Moreover, it is built to show only items from this list that is available in your library. so enter extended info, into 'trending..' for ex. then see if you have any movies/tvshows in that list, if you don't then obviously they won't show in the widget...if you want to show items from the list without considering the fact they're in your library or not just set the widget from extended info and not skin helper widgets.

(2019-03-27, 11:57)cscott1 Wrote: I'm not 100% on this but I think those are linked to your trakt and or IMDb accounts do you have them enabled? 
If i recall correctly, trakt doesn't require account for extended info. but TMDB does.
You can always test this by opening the extended info addon and enter the different nodes, if they don't show up in extended info they would definitely won't show through skin helper widgets that extracts them from it.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - Desperados - 2019-03-27

(2019-03-27, 13:36)FlashOne Wrote: Maybe you missed one important thing: TMDB and Trakt sections inside Skin helper service widgets only show movies or tv shows which are already inside your library and puts them in certain categories. So, if you don't have any movie or tv show that could populate a specific section, it will be empty.
To achieve what you're looking the easiest imho is to create a widget using Extended info add-on entries
Thanks for your answer. But I do use library integration with Kodi, that makes this skin so much better! So that's not the problem unfortunately.. I do have the extended info mod (OpenInfo) installed, I don't know if that could be the issue?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-03-27

Thanks for all your help with this great mod of Titan.

I updated the skin to the downloaded zip from here https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie but I still get a lower cased continue watching.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-03-27

(2019-03-27, 13:47)Desperados Wrote:
(2019-03-27, 13:36)FlashOne Wrote: Maybe you missed one important thing: TMDB and Trakt sections inside Skin helper service widgets only show movies or tv shows which are already inside your library and puts them in certain categories. So, if you don't have any movie or tv show that could populate a specific section, it will be empty.
Thanks for your answer. But I do use library integration with Kodi, that makes this skin so much better! So that's not the problem unfortunately.. I do have the extended info mod (OpenInfo) installed, I don't know if that could be the issue?  
If the modded version changed the api of how to use the addon then it wouldn't work but doing that is very....stupid?

(2019-03-27, 14:51)louisefindlay23 Wrote: Thanks for all your help with this great mod of Titan.

I updated the skin to the downloaded zip from here https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan.bingie but I still get a lower cased continue watching.
Because your widgets were set once when installing the skin.
1) you could just change it your self in configure shortcuts section
2) you can restore menu and hubs in edit shortcuts tab of skin settings which will reload them
each should do the job.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 25/03/2019) - tmlfan1977 - 2019-03-27

Is there any way for local TV trailers to work within the "Next Episodes" widget? They play fine within the library itself, but do not appear to be recognizable on the home screen under said widget.