Kodi Community Forum
Release Eminence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Release Eminence (/showthread.php?tid=187071)

RE: Eminence - Prizm4 - 2014-09-26

(2014-09-24, 18:17)LTNGNX Wrote: - FEATURE: A way to decrease the font sizes would be nice. When watching a movie or TV show and press info, the remaining time info gets partially cut off. Having the option of making the fonts smaller could solve this.

I agree... I find a lot of the show info gets cut off too soon because of the font size, along with cutting off average-length movie titles, etc (depending on the view). On the flip side, in some areas the font seems a little too small in comparison. So I don't think a global font decrease would be ideal - it would have to be just certain areas.

Anyway, really like this skin.

RE: Eminence - Inspirement - 2014-09-26

I've had some other thoughts while getting familiar with and setting up this skin over the last few days or so

First, the custom home tile colour isn't visible unless the tall tiles enabled.

Second, would it be possible to add add-on shortcuts to the live tv and music hubs? For example the SVT play plugin offers live tv streams in its plugin and I'd like to access them through live tv instead of tv shows as I do now. And speaking of the hub shortcuts, could you add reorder options?

And finally (for now at least) how had would it be to change the icons for entries in sections like the network in tv shows or studios in movies?

There are probably more things I could add but I'll do that when I can remember them.

Again, thanks for the awesome skin. I'm happy to hear a Helix update will come too!

RE: Eminence - mattyspurs76 - 2014-09-26

wow just come across this skin and I love it.

got one probkem thiugh. how can I create a favourites tile. thats all whats missing for it to be perfect for me

RE: Eminence - jodoho - 2014-09-26

(2014-09-26, 06:56)deletedpenguin Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 02:21)da-anda Wrote: @deletedpenguin - if you press "i" to toggle the info screen it should stay opened

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to stay open for me. I hit "i", and it disappears again 10-15 seconds later.

@deletedpenguin:
I have been struggling with this setting too for months (trying to use on screen in car and would like the song and album art visible. Was driving me crazy and couldn't find it in any of the skin-related xml files.

But, I think i have finally found it, as a setting that can be specified in advancedsettings.xml in your userdata folder. The default is 10 sec, but can be changed to any value:

<songinfoduration>10</songinfoduration>

Good luck

Edit -----
You can look here for a little more info...

Re: RE: Eminence - suku_patel_22 - 2014-09-26

(2014-09-26, 17:19)mattyspurs76 Wrote: wow just come across this skin and I love it.

got one probkem thiugh. how can I create a favourites tile. thats all whats missing for it to be perfect for me

Home screen
Customize
Add Item
Custom Favourite

RE: Eminence - schumi2004 - 2014-09-26

(2014-09-26, 20:29)suku_patel_22 Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 17:19)mattyspurs76 Wrote: wow just come across this skin and I love it.

Home screen
Customize
Add Item
Custom Favourite
That's for a single favorite but I prefer to have a option to open all favorite view.

RE: Eminence - a_user - 2014-09-27

(2014-09-26, 02:20)da-anda Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 01:54)nicki365 Wrote: I agree Kodi needs a new launch skin,Confluence is kinda dated.Eminence would be the perfect replacement skin. It looks sooo professional.

I'm not saying this will happen, but for a default skin it a) has to be compatible to Helix master (ofc) and b) require as less dependecies as possible and support ALL (really ALL) features. Btw - there are plans to replace Confluence in one of our next releases, but a skin from scratch (new concepts etc) is taking way too much time to even think about having it ready for Helix.

that's one of the best news for a long time.

RE: Eminence - vab.patel - 2014-09-27

(2014-09-26, 21:02)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 20:29)suku_patel_22 Wrote:

Home screen
Customize
Add Item
Custom Favourite
That's for a single favorite but I prefer to have a option to open all favorite view.

You can a new tile with a custom path. Use Code ActivateWindow(favourites) as the custom path and rename the tile to Favourites or Favorites. You can open the favorites window with this.

RE: Eminence - deletedpenguin - 2014-09-27

(2014-09-26, 18:17)jodoho Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 06:56)deletedpenguin Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 02:21)da-anda Wrote: @deletedpenguin - if you press "i" to toggle the info screen it should stay opened

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to stay open for me. I hit "i", and it disappears again 10-15 seconds later.

@deletedpenguin:
I have been struggling with this setting too for months (trying to use on screen in car and would like the song and album art visible. Was driving me crazy and couldn't find it in any of the skin-related xml files.

But, I think i have finally found it, as a setting that can be specified in advancedsettings.xml in your userdata folder. The default is 10 sec, but can be changed to any value:

Good luck

Edit -----

Thanks mate. I had this configured to "0" which, from my understanding, meant it was supposed to stay on indefinitely, however for whatever reason this skin seems to ignore that (or my understanding is wrong). I ended up setting this value to something ridiculously large and it works.

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-09-27

(2014-09-26, 11:48)Prizm4 Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 18:17)LTNGNX Wrote: - FEATURE: A way to decrease the font sizes would be nice. When watching a movie or TV show and press info, the remaining time info gets partially cut off. Having the option of making the fonts smaller could solve this.

I agree... I find a lot of the show info gets cut off too soon because of the font size, along with cutting off average-length movie titles, etc (depending on the view). On the flip side, in some areas the font seems a little too small in comparison. So I don't think a global font decrease would be ideal - it would have to be just certain areas.

Anyway, really like this skin.
You can change Font sizes in 1080i/Font.xml
The header one is
Code:
<font>

<name>Font-Header</name>
            <filename>Roboto-Black.ttf</filename>
            <size>75</size>
        </font>

(2014-09-27, 01:30)deletedpenguin Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 18:17)jodoho Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 06:56)deletedpenguin Wrote: Unfortunately it doesn't seem to stay open for me. I hit "i", and it disappears again 10-15 seconds later.

@deletedpenguin:

Good luck

Edit -----

Thanks mate. I had this configured to "0" which, from my understanding, meant it was supposed to stay on indefinitely, however for whatever reason this skin seems to ignore that (or my understanding is wrong). I ended up setting this value to something ridiculously large and it works.
Really strange. Skin doesn't do anything on this front, its up to xbmc. 0 is meant to be indefinite. Have you tried deleting the line from advancedsettings altogether. I'm pretty sure I don't have this set at all and I never have had a problem with info staying up...

RE: Eminence - deletedpenguin - 2014-09-27

(2014-09-27, 01:50)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-09-27, 01:30)deletedpenguin Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 18:17)jodoho Wrote: @deletedpenguin:

Good luck

Edit -----

Really strange. Skin doesn't do anything on this front, its up to xbmc. 0 is meant to be indefinite. Have you tried deleting the line from advancedsettings altogether. I'm pretty sure I don't have this set at all and I never have had a problem with info staying up...

Yeah, it was confusing me too. I tried it without advancedsettings and then with zero. Either way, it was disappearing. Oh well, I set the value to like 10000 or something and it seems to be working. Sounds like there's something screwy on my side.

RE: Eminence - DR9x - 2014-09-27

Ok so I cant stop messing with this skin, it really is the best out there.. I do have a simple question

I want to make a sub menu in TV called "Animation (US)" and "Animation (Japan)". I got them created but when I point to the PATH of the media files nothing happen? What is the correct syntax for this option to be used?

C:\Virtual Media Folders\TV Animation (US)

It does not like this at all Sad.

Thanks!

RE: Eminence - smurfyboy2 - 2014-09-27

Hi! It's great that you got this into the addon repo, it's truly one of my favourite skins! It updated to the latest version though and I can't seem to find the 'light' theme, only default and glass. Any ideas? Thanks!

RE: Eminence - Shinu - 2014-09-27

Hey jurialmunkey. Any word on you adding chapter info, the option for auto download for Arkwork Downloader and the option for recently added or random item Background Widget for custom playlists. Remember u saying that the first 2 features would be added soon. You gave an alternative in the form of creating a smart playlist and changing the "order by" to either random or date added, but this doesn't work well at all and takes forever for the widget to update when navigating screens.

And also, will you be adding support for the Metadata Actors addon? Not really important, but it would be nice to see support added.[/b]

RE: Eminence - wints - 2014-09-27

Hi jurialmunkey, does the extended info script for movie sets info work ? cheers