Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - moneymaker - 2013-10-18

Have you installed repository.xbmcplus.xbmc-plugins-beta?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2013-10-18

yes... the version 1.0?

i know before this error was to say that there was a bad install...

i will try to reinstall again.

Yes v1.0.

Ah, I forgot to ask if you have installed the stable repository v1.2? You need that one. There you find the latest scripts versions. Maybe you have to update.

Remove your previous installation and use the repository to install beta versions.

hmmm... i'm confused.

so, i need both?

i tried that, and unfortunately, under alpha9 i get the error that they are broken...

i dunno... just trying to help out getting all these great addons ready for Gotham.

FYI: i was able to load and install them under alpha8.
still that one thing that need to be changed in the 'addoncompat.py'

I have loaded the current "nightly version" and saw the necessary scripts must be revised. I'll edit them on soon, so please have understanding, after Gotham is still in the development phase.

There are a lot of AddOn's seems to be broken in Gotham, since they don't support lower versions of xbmc.python v2.1.0.

A lot of nuts work.

mos def... let me know if there's anything i can do to help out with conversions.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2013-10-19

man, you're fast!!!

it's working now!!!
just got the update 3.9.4.1

big ups to you moneymaker!!

just another fyi: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173887
in case you did not see it. just looking forward... Smile

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2013-10-19

just one thing i noticed...

i don't know how long you plan to keep this thing Beta,
but I made a couple of changes to the 'xbmclibrary.py' file
so that i could use this beta w/ my library:
Code:
strm = 'plugin://plugin.video.hulu/?mode="TV_play"'

needed to be:
Code:
strm = 'plugin://plugin.video.hulu-beta/?mode="TV_play"'

otherwise, bang-up job again getting this plugin Gotham ready!!!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - moneymaker - 2013-10-19

(2013-10-19, 00:08)locomot1f Wrote: just another fyi: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173887
in case you did not see it. just looking forward... Smile
Damn it! More nuts.

(2013-10-19, 01:57)locomot1f Wrote:
Code:
strm = 'plugin://plugin.video.hulu-beta/?mode="TV_play"'
Yo, I've updated it. I haven't yet read the whole code through but I will. Your help is appreciated.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Breathh - 2013-10-19

Hi all,

just let me tell you that I am pretty new on this form and on xbmc...

I installed it yesterday on my android devices just because I wanted to see HULU without to use the buggy flash player on browser...

I read nearly all the the forums about HULU and XBMC but I feel like I am missing a key point Sad

Well, first of all I installed the stable Frodo and then bluecop repository and its HULU addon. Doing that, I was able to see a lot of nice ads but no any interesting video Wink

So I did a search and set all the options to get this configuration:
http://i.imgur.com/OULrtRX.png
http://i.imgur.com/KsssejR.png

But I was not able to play neither any video or ads.
So I did delete the xbmc rep and installed the new version of xbmc plugin 1.2, installed HULU 3.4.8 set everything like above-mentioned pictures and now I can see just 4 secs of every video: it s a lil improvement! what I see is basically the brand of the network hosting the video. I tried the beta version and nothing changed

So I deleted everything and installed a monthly version (Sep), installed the old 3.4.5 HULU addon from bluecop and I can see all video in HULU, but when I log in (non plus version) everything crashes and I am not able to load it any more! I just need to delete and install it again. Moreover, with that unstable version a lot of addons are broken. The beta version on here is not installable.

So my request would be: plz, may anyone recap which version of xbmc, rep, and HULU addon are working together? (on android)

Thank you!

ps: this is the error I get when I was not able to see anything: Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details"
Instead, with the moneymaker version (when I see just the logo of the network) I dont get any error back. It just closes the video window
When I try to install the HULU beta version or the HULU of moneymaker on the monthly vers I get "dependences not met " error

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - moneymaker - 2013-10-19

@Breathh

I can really understand your situation as you're pretty new here it's hard to get everything work.

1. Remove everything you've installed.
2. Be sure you're running xbmc v12.2 on your device. Gotham is not supported.
3. Install the xbmcplus repository v1.2 -> xbmcplus website / downloads (signature logo)
4. Install via repository the Hulu Video AddOn
5. Configure

Quote:# Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
# Uncheck "Network Pre-roll".
# Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
# Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
# be sure Proxy is Unchecked. (only U.S.)

6. If you're outside the U.S. please use a proxy or dns
7. Watch Hulu videos ...

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - emilsvennesson - 2013-10-19

@moneymaker, thanks for making this plugin compatible with Gotham! Smile

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Breathh - 2013-10-19

(2013-10-19, 21:40)moneymaker Wrote: @Breathh

I can really understand your situation as you're pretty new here it's hard to get everything work.

1. Remove everything you've installed.
2. Be sure you're running xbmc v12.2 on your device. Gotham is not supported.
3. Install the xbmcplus repository v1.2 -> xbmcplus website / downloads (signature logo)
4. Install via repository the Hulu Video AddOn
5. Configure

Quote:# Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
# Uncheck "Network Pre-roll".
# Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
# Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
# be sure Proxy is Unchecked. (only U.S.)

6. If you're outside the U.S. please use a proxy or dns
7. Watch Hulu videos ...

Hi money, tnx for ur ans. The problem is I did everything you said (on two devices: note 10.1 and t428, mounting a nexus ROM). I always got same problems:

with 12.2 your plugins (3.4.8 and the beta) are not installable: dependencies problem (no idea what it means)
I am able to install just the 3.4.5 but if i set as u described the video wont start (failed playback error...). If i dont remove ads, I just can see them playing in loop.

With Gotham monthly (last one) I can install HULU ans see it without decreasing resolution, but I am not able to log in (it crashes) and most of other plugin are broken (cause it s unstable version I guess )

I m using a VPN that I use for CBS CW and so on app. No problem at all with That. I tried smart DNS as well but nothing is changing. I tired to remove Adblocker but the sit didnt change. I m running out ideas Sad

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Breathh - 2013-10-20

Hi there, I am back! Tongue

So since it looks like I am the only one in the world with this issue, I d like you to help me to understand if I am a complete or just a half idiot.

I uninstalled and deleted everything on one of my android device. I installed Frodo 12.2, rep xbmcplus 1.2, hulu 3.4.8 and set it as requested (at least I think so!), set VPN USA (or smart dns Tunrl, I tried both and even together) but again, same error.
If I untick everything in settings, the video won't start, if I tick network pre-roll I ll get just the network video (2-3 secs).

here few screenshots of the situation: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a1ngpp9m3dxpu24/KbIGGpCwdc

Reading here and there, I think Redpinguin said there was a need to update librtmp.so to get it working again. Did I get it wrong?

Anyway, what I surely know is it is not a proxy problem, because on both devices HULU 3.4.5 is working on Ghotam.

any idea/help will be very appreciated! It s a personal thing now Tongue

Thank you

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - moneymaker - 2013-10-20

Hmm ... a log file would be nice to see whats happen. Read how to get the file Here. You can use the xbmclogs.com website to publish.

You should follow RedPinguins advice to update librtmp.so. I know some posts ago someone had problems using tunlr with Android and he solved his problem using unblock-US. But nevermind this could be a librtmp issue. Please give a try.