Kodi Community Forum
Release Eminence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Release Eminence (/showthread.php?tid=187071)

RE: Eminence - Leopold - 2014-09-29

Just noticed this - the add-on settings dialog background is transparent which can make it hard to see when an addon calls openSettings().

RE: Eminence - hoopsdavis - 2014-09-30

Jurial, I noticed under Settings > PVR Service > Channel: we're unable to access the channel groups.

Are you planning to correct this?

RE: Eminence - Jorgen57 - 2014-09-30

jurialmunkey, Thank You for this very flexible skin!

I have seen your Arctic skin (which is one of the few White skins) and liked it a lot but wanted something simpler.
I then saw your post Post your color schemes

Now i have created my White theme with different colors by just adjusting existing values from default.xml and it now looks exactly as i wanted.
I have also supplied the changes i did to the community if anyone else is interested.

RE: Eminence - Turgon - 2014-09-30

This is truly an amazing skin.

Been wondering though, coming from Amber, would it be possible to exit the OSD as soon as a subtitle is loaded? It's an extra step having to press back to return to full screen view after selecting a subtitle file.

RE: Eminence - schumi2004 - 2014-09-30

jurialmunkey, are you planning to make enable/disable series/movies hub more flexibel? Without using window it's?

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-10-01

(2014-09-29, 20:53)Leopold Wrote: Just noticed this - the add-on settings dialog background is transparent which can make it hard to see when an addon calls openSettings().
Fixed on github (1.0.5). Should be on the main repo now too (or very soon).

(2014-09-30, 15:50)hoopsdavis Wrote: Jurial, I noticed under Settings > PVR Service > Channel: we're unable to access the channel groups.

Are you planning to correct this?
Ah I completely forgot that this window was missing. When I get some time I will skin it. I think there might still be a few other pvr windows missing like onscreen channel epg also.

(2014-09-30, 21:39)Jorgen57 Wrote: jurialmunkey, Thank You for this very flexible skin!

I have seen your Arctic skin (which is one of the few White skins) and liked it a lot but wanted something simpler.
I then saw your post Post your color schemes

Now i have created my White theme with different colors by just adjusting existing values from default.xml and it now looks exactly as i wanted.
I have also supplied the changes i did to the community if anyone else is interested.
Excellent. I originally did have a white colour scheme but it got a bit difficult to maintain when the skin was still wip in heavy development and lots of changes were going on. Now that things are a bit more settled down, I probably will bring back a light colour scheme. There are probably still a few spots that need to be fixed for consistency.

(2014-09-30, 21:43)Turgon Wrote: This is truly an amazing skin.

Been wondering though, coming from Amber, would it be possible to exit the OSD as soon as a subtitle is loaded? It's an extra step having to press back to return to full screen view after selecting a subtitle file.
Thanks. I will have a look at how Amber handles it.

(2014-09-30, 21:47)schumi2004 Wrote: jurialmunkey, are you planning to make enable/disable series/movies hub more flexibel? Without using window it's?
You already can do it without window ids. You just favourite whatever path you want and then add it as a custom favourite tile. For instance, if you go to Movies window, click the parent folder item ".." and it will take you down a level, focus "Titles" and open context menu and select add to favourites, now you can use that favourite to add it as a tile. You can also make smart playlists with whatever rules you want and add them as a tile (e.g. movies not played in the last month etc.). There are so many potential library paths that it doesn't make sense to try and include presets for all of them - it would be lots of work for me and overload users with far too many options when everything can be achieved simply by adding a favourite as a tile.

RE: Eminence - NathanCS - 2014-10-01

Hello,

I'm having some issues with the skin on my apple tv 2. When i load up XBMC none of the icons are highlighted and clicking up, down, left or right, well i never get anything highlighted so I can't select anything. I had this issue before when I tried to customize the skin. When trying to remove or add or edit what icons are shown I often lost the mouse and couldn't select anything so had to use menu to get out but was able to select things back at the home screen. My issue has progressed though so now I can't select anything at all. I have to do a hard reset to get out, and even that didn't fix anything as when I went back into xbmc, couldn't select anything using the apple tv remote.

Anyone else using an appletv and has run into this issue?

Thanks,

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-10-01

(2014-10-01, 05:14)NathanCS Wrote: Hello,

I'm having some issues with the skin on my apple tv 2. When i load up XBMC none of the icons are highlighted and clicking up, down, left or right, well i never get anything highlighted so I can't select anything. I had this issue before when I tried to customize the skin. When trying to remove or add or edit what icons are shown I often lost the mouse and couldn't select anything so had to use menu to get out but was able to select things back at the home screen. My issue has progressed though so now I can't select anything at all. I have to do a hard reset to get out, and even that didn't fix anything as when I went back into xbmc, couldn't select anything using the apple tv remote.

Anyone else using an appletv and has run into this issue?

Thanks,

Did you delete the first tile (Movies) by chance? If you delete the first tile the skin gets stuck because there is no default item to go to. You will need to use a mouse to get the focus on home and then go to settings > skin > advanced > re-initialise to set the skin back to default settings. I need to fix it so that it isn't possible to delete the first tile.

RE: Eminence - nickr - 2014-10-01

I think that I am loving this Skin, but getting a little lost. Like:

Where are the random movies/episodes in the home menu coming from? Are they really random?

What is happening when I press the <up> button from the home menu?

When in the library and I press the <left> button it goes into something called "Media Center". What is this?

I like the overall look and feel, I just feel I might be missing some really cool stuff. Is there a user manual for idiots like me?

RE: Eminence - Jorgen57 - 2014-10-01

Hi jurialmunkey, Can you please change information on Music and TV shows to relevant information?

Music and TV shows has different levels:
Artist / Album
TV Show / Episode

Currently is the same information shown on both levels even if the information is not available on that level.
I did some investigation regarding where the information that are shown exists and here is the result:

Music
Mood (exist on both levels)
Style (exist on both levels)
Description (exist on both levels, different info Biography/Review)
Years active (Artist only)
Genre (Artist only)
Type (Album only)
Label (Album only)
Year (Album only)

TV Show
Rating (exist on both levels)
Plot (exist on both levels)
Director (Episode only)
Year (TV Show only, inherited to Episode level?)
Studio (TV Show only, inherited to Episode level?)
Genre (TV Show only)
Duration (Episode only)
Audio (Episode only)
Video (Episode only)

My suggestion is that on higher level (Artist/TV Show) not show Album/Episode only information since they will differ between the multiple Albums/Episodes.
On the lower level (Album/Episode) can the information from the higher level (Artist/TV Show) be inherited which seems to have been done already for Year/Studio in Episodes.

RE: Eminence - butchabay - 2014-10-01

(2014-10-01, 10:20)Jorgen57 Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey, Can you please change information on Music and TV shows to relevant information?

Music and TV shows has different levels:
Artist / Album
TV Show / Episode

Currently is the same information shown on both levels even if the information is not available on that level.
I did some investigation regarding where the information that are shown exists and here is the result:

Music
Mood (exist on both levels)
Style (exist on both levels)
Description (exist on both levels, different info Biography/Review)
Years active (Artist only)
Genre (Artist only)
Type (Album only)
Label (Album only)
Year (Album only)

TV Show
Rating (exist on both levels)
Plot (exist on both levels)
Director (Episode only)
Year (TV Show only, inherited to Episode level?)
Studio (TV Show only, inherited to Episode level?)
Genre (TV Show only)
Duration (Episode only)
Audio (Episode only)
Video (Episode only)

My suggestion is that on higher level (Artist/TV Show) not show Album/Episode only information since they will differ between the multiple Albums/Episodes.
On the lower level (Album/Episode) can the information from the higher level (Artist/TV Show) be inherited which seems to have been done already for Year/Studio in Episodes.

These are the avaible info labels:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=InfoLabels#Listitem

RE: Eminence - Prizm4 - 2014-10-01

(2014-09-29, 18:43)Talguy Wrote: Hey jurialmunkey, I just noticed a small cosmetic problem last night. When watching a video and enabling subtitles through the OSD. The subtitle labels shifts to the right but the check mark never appears. I believe in the betas there use to be a check mark when subtitles were turned on

I mentioned this a couple pages back, he said it was a font issue that he'll be fixing.

RE: Eminence - schumi2004 - 2014-10-01

(2014-10-01, 03:09)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-09-30, 21:47)schumi2004 Wrote: jurialmunkey, are you planning to make enable/disable series/movies hub more flexibel? Without using window it's?
You already can do it without window ids. You just favourite whatever path you want and then add it as a custom favourite tile. For instance, if you go to Movies window, click the parent folder item ".." and it will take you down a level, focus "Titles" and open context menu and select add to favourites, now you can use that favourite to add it as a tile. You can also make smart playlists with whatever rules you want and add them as a tile (e.g. movies not played in the last month etc.). There are so many potential library paths that it doesn't make sense to try and include presets for all of them - it would be lots of work for me and overload users with far too many options when everything can be achieved simply by adding a favourite as a tile.
Thanks for explaining.

What i forgot to mention yesterday is that i found a cosmetic bug in skin.
When LiveTV is activated we also see the amount of channels available for LiveTV in top bar and this overlaps with date/time information.
(don't have screenshot atm but you can see the top bar here)

RE: Eminence - NathanCS - 2014-10-01

(2014-10-01, 05:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: Did you delete the first tile (Movies) by chance? If you delete the first tile the skin gets stuck because there is no default item to go to. You will need to use a mouse to get the focus on home and then go to settings > skin > advanced > re-initialise to set the skin back to default settings. I need to fix it so that it isn't possible to delete the first tile.

Ahhh I did in deed do that. I only have tv shows in my library. I use Genesis trakt watchlist for my movies. Thank you, I will add movies back.

Cheers

RE: Eminence - NeroBoron - 2014-10-01

(2014-10-01, 03:09)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-09-29, 20:53)Leopold Wrote: Just noticed this - the add-on settings dialog background is transparent which can make it hard to see when an addon calls openSettings().
Fixed on github (1.0.5). Should be on the main repo now too (or very soon).

This happens for the lyrics box as well, get it sometimes when leaving the full screen playback while loading lyrics.
Can you also add an option that the lyrics box only pops up on demand? Demand = when I use the menu and select lyrics.

2 other graphic things:
Sometimes the header is unreadable due to white text on white ground, can you add a background panel where I can set the color? Would be fine for me if it shares the same color like HomebarBG.

In my opinion the combination of tile, text below and, bar below on home screen looks a little strange.
You may try to display only the tile and it contains the icon + text? Just like the at the header icon + text?

PS: can I change the tile color to a transparency value when "use theme color for tiles" is enabled?