Kodi Community Forum
Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions) (/showthread.php?tid=344)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- erpi99 - 2005-01-28

dashboard avalaunch has a built-in dvd player that supports menu and hdtv. is there anything that can be re-used for the xbmc development? source code or development experience?

- jmarshall - 2005-01-28

avalaunch dvdplayer is using the same leaked code as dvd-x, dvd-x2, and all other dvd playing software for xbox. no way we can use that code - it's copyrighted.

there will be an opensource alternative (the xbmc dvdplayer!Wink available, but it will take a while to get it stable enough.

cheers,
jonathan

- BritneysPAIRS - 2005-01-30

recommend uix untill xbmc supports plays all regions with or without remote but get patch for keys so you have left right up down on controller

its 100 megs though

- toolwerx - 2005-02-01

uix? is that a new dash?

- stoffmann - 2005-02-11

this would be a really cool feature.

- erpi99 - 2005-02-13

who is working on the feature? any news of progress to share?

- los93sol - 2005-02-15

w00t! initial release now in cvs! :kickass: it says not to try it yet because it is still in early alpha stages, but nevertheless, it is there. congradulations to the developers who have been working on this for so long! i am going to have to go ahead and try it because i have been waiting for a solution for my dx-1480, and you guys have initiated the solution. can't wait to see if it will work, or just how alpha this release is. either way, this is a serious accomplishment and is sure to be a great addition to xbmc! :bowdown:

- Cactus - 2005-02-27

(los93sol @ feb. 15 2005,02:43 Wrote:w00t!  initial release now in cvs!   :kickass:   (snip...)
yay!!! this indeed rox! even though it's alpha. :thumbsup:

does this means compiling the new csv with the xbmcdbr batchfile will make this work (beside emptying the <dvdplayer> tag) or do i need to enable it somehow/somewhere?

besides the noise the msdash/xboxdash produces (fan-wise) it sucks in every other way possible, so /me loves to give this a testride!

cheers
cacti

- Gamester17 - 2005-02-28

(cactus @ feb. 27 2005,21:15 Wrote:...or do i need to enable it somehow/somewhere?
must be enabled somehow/somewhere, i'm not at liberty to tell how, hence the "don't even try it yet" statement :p ...devs will figure it out for themselves quite easily

- Cactus - 2005-02-28

* Cactus not a dev....

- A600 - 2005-02-28

(gamester17 @ feb. 28 2005,07:51 Wrote:must be enabled somehow/somewhere, i'm not at liberty to tell how, hence the "don't even try it yet" statement :p ...devs will figure it out for themselves quite easily
thanks for the tip! :o

- princi - 2005-03-14

any developments here?

it's been a month since it first appeared in cvs.

- Bandit - 2005-04-09

it's been what... 2 years since this thread started?

might as well stop developing this and get ready for xbox 2!

- rjeeves33 - 2005-04-09

hi

firstly please don't abuse me - i know xbmc doesn't yet handle menus Smile. i have currently changed the xbmc xml file to point towards my copy of dvdx v2 dongless version but this only appears to play dvd from the dvd drive & not a folder. i was wondering how other xbmc users deal with playing a ripped dvd from a folder on the hard disk without taking a lucky dip when choosing and .ifo or .vob file and playing from within xbmc.

i saw on a forum that one recommendation is to use dvd shrink but i am reall looking for an xbox only solution that doesn't require recoding as i only plan to watch the flick once and delete so space isn't really an issue.

thanks

- deltop - 2005-04-09

there are no other solutions other that what you already know.

since you want an xbox solution only all you can do is rip with dvd2xbox and play with xbmc by selecting the .ifo files.

that's it.

however your topic title suggests you want a method to play with menu suppoprt, yet you yourself mention that you know it's not possible. so i'm a little confused. your asking how to do something you yourself already know isn't possible?