Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - DjSpike2k8 - 2018-10-04

@cartman.dos  this is on another thread. "There is no way around this issue under UWP... You'll have to limit the plugin for non UWP use or program around the issue using https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13806 to detect UWP platforms.".. this will fix the UMP on Xbox. the thread you posted is old.  Since then it's been updated the creators just need to work around the issue.  See thread here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329171 "posted by Lunatixz  
Team-Kodi Member"

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cartman.dos - 2018-10-04

(2018-10-04, 16:15)Kryptobuild Wrote: @cartman.dos  this is on another thread. "There is no way around this issue under UWP... You'll have to limit the plugin for non UWP use or program around the issue using https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13806 to detect UWP platforms.".. this will fix the UMP on Xbox. the thread you posted is old.  Since then it's been updated the creators just need to work around the issue.  See thread here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329171 "posted by Lunatixz  
Team-Kodi Member"
Maybe I missed something here, but from what I read here the only progress is that now I can detect whether the user is on a UWP version and thus adjust the implementation for these machines. This really is just the very first step.
First, I have to determine which modules/commands/whatever isn't allowed by UWP, and see if I have a way arround it or not, if not, then it's a question of how important is it for the whole implementation for this skin.
Since titan is heavily dependent on skin helper addons (and it's derivatives), I won't be suprised if this would end with a very limited version of this skin and in any case would require a lot of work to rewrite the addons themselves.
This is not something I have the motivation nor time to do for the small benefit of having it working on the xbox in an handicapped version of the skin.
And btw, I have xbox one myself and I don't even try using kodi on it anymore because of this and it's also strangely slow for a pretty decent hardware.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2018-10-04

(2018-10-04, 12:42)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2018-10-03, 13:42)cscott1 Wrote: Still having a fun testing out the your Bingie Mod. Something I have noticed the widgets are taking a significantly longer time to load on startup than my previous setup which I still have on a clone device. I have 2 Xiaomi Mi boxes one with the Titan Beta skin before it broke set not to update. The other with the Bingie Mod they are setup very similarly one with the titan beta skin using the Netflix 2 view and the other with the Bingie view. On both boxes I have the low performance box ticked and all the views disabled except the Netflix and list views. My widgets are all from custom Tags Netflix Originals, Drama, Science fiction etc. the same exact widgets from the same exact tags only takes a few seconds from Titan Beta where as Bingie takes up to 30 seconds or longer for the widgets to load. Im not sure if its Artwork Beef being a much more robust program than Artwork Downloader if its something to do with the new spotlight showcase thing, something in the skin helper service or something else. Any recommendations for me to try to get the widgets to load faster would be greatly appreciated from cartman.dos or anyone else for that matter Thanks.
Thanks for all the feedback, I didn't have much time recently to properly go over things and improve upon.

The speed issue you mentioned is a hard one, but it's interesting that you said you get such a different result when comparing to default titan.
I really haven't noticed such a difference when testing it on THE SAME HARDWARE AS YOU (xiaomi mi box 3), but obviously spotlight & auto-trailers are a heavy feature.
Especially spotlight could cause this alone when using ''experimental'' content, cause it's loading a complex widget from scratch.

Other than that, I don't really understand how you're able to survive titan (default or bingie) with the xiaomi, cause the skin itself is really a heavy one (honestly kodi is pretty heavy in the first place for this hardware, and titan just adds on this already suffocating box).
So, in general I would highly recommend to upgrade the hardware to Nvidia Shield (if you must have the tv android platform) or better (eg. NUC) if only using kodi and/or don't mind having other underlying OS. The truth is that it will never get close to the fluidity of netflix, and this has to do with a lot of the inner workings of kodi vs netflix.
On a sidenote, kodi is IMHO trying to do too much (and not just library manager for movies & shows) AND is a standalone program (and not a frontent-backend like plex/emby) AND is a open-source which isn't an inherently bad things, just means they can't compare to the salary-paid-army behing netflix & such. and so it is destined to require more calculation power, memory space and overall running time.
Back to the maybe-fixable situation here - 
(a) low performance settings turns off a lot of the animations in Titan. I had to use a lot of animations in order to get the look & feel of netflix, and I didn't selectively choose which to turn off when using this setting. Going over the newly-added animations and turning off whichever is not a MUST, could improve performance.
(b) as I mentioned above, disable ''experimental'' content in spotlight.
other than that there shouldn't be much difference, just notice that you are not using MORE features in bingie than you were in Titan (like ratings, codecs, etc)
also notice that in general bigger images takes longer to load-up, so small landscape (bingie default) would be faster than bigger landscape or others, and I did increase the clearlogo & landscape in spotlight showing the current item so it might affect a bit too.

Thanks for the advice and for your work on the skin. Your suggestions didn't really help speed up the initial load of the widgets I even deleted the studio logos and the add-on and disabled artwork beef on top of that to see if it would help no dice. Once the widgets load the Mi box and it underwhelming 2 gigs of Ram handles Titan fine there is no lag in the animations navigating from one show to the next within each widget or from one widget to another even with all the experimental stuff on. There is a couple second delay in opening artwork beef from within the info dialog. Something I forgot to mention earlier is that I installed Artwork Downloader and instead of making the change to the XML that you suggested earlier I just used it from Estuary to assign some local landscape TV thumbs that beef can't find. Do you think this might cause problems or lag?

A separate issue I am having is when I set video settings to show information and play something the awesome looking Netflix OSD (Now Playing) automatically starts the same time as the video but never goes away lol I like it but not enough for it to stay in the middle of the screen while watching my shows. What am I missing here? I'm sure I just have something set up wrong just not sure what.

As far as your suggestion to get a Shield yeah I have wanted one for a while. I'm just a super tight wad and have been able to get by with the Mi boxes up until now. Perhaps it is time to demote one of them to camper duty full time and shell out a lil rainy day money for the Shield.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2018-10-05

OK so I have obviously messed something up in the way I set up my build. I went out and bought a shield then copied my build over to it but there is little difference in the time it takes for the widgets to load still over 30 seconds back to the drawing board looks like I may have to start over from scratch. Bummer.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - FlashOne - 2018-10-06

(2018-09-26, 11:56)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2018-09-20, 12:06)FlashOne Wrote: Hi, many many thanks for this mod, working pretty well but I have two issues which I never experienced with Titan on Kodi 17.6

- In footer: status (finished, next episode etc... usually on the left bottom side) and ratings from imdb, tmdb etc (on the right) are not showing at all, even in plot and critics submenu https://imgur.com/a/KzYykYo
- More info submenu not working

Any help would be appreciated, I'm on Kodi v18 Beta 2 Win 7 x64 and Bingie 0.1.2
Make sure that you enabled the ratings you want under media tab in skin settings, sometimes it takes time to rebuild the db for the ratings and other metadata. You could also try to reset the delete the db file to force it to rebuild from scratch. 
Thanks, it worked! Keep up with your amazing job!

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cartman.dos - 2018-10-06

(2018-10-05, 04:39)cscott1 Wrote: OK so I have obviously messed something up in the way I set up my build. I went out and bought a shield then copied my build over to it but there is little difference in the time it takes for the widgets to load still over 30 seconds back to the drawing board looks like I may have to start over from scratch. Bummer.
 Congrats on the upgrade.
Try a clean set-up, it hurts I know but will be worth it in the long run. The difference is huge.
lemme know if you have any trouble after doing so..

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - chup123 - 2018-10-06

Hello, I love this skin. But I have 1 question.

When playing trailers from the info screen in the background/window you have to set the default OSD showup timer to 0. Otherwise, the stream will crash.

This is fixed by disabling the auto OSD opening, but when I play a movie I would like to see my OSD for a few seconds just to make sure everything is working correctly.

Is there a fix for this?

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2018-10-07

(2018-10-06, 19:54)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2018-10-05, 04:39)cscott1 Wrote: OK so I have obviously messed something up in the way I set up my build. I went out and bought a shield then copied my build over to it but there is little difference in the time it takes for the widgets to load still over 30 seconds back to the drawing board looks like I may have to start over from scratch. Bummer.
 Congrats on the upgrade.
Try a clean set-up, it hurts I know but will be worth it in the long run. The difference is huge.
Thanks, That's what I did and now it takes under 2 seconds on the shield for 14 widgets combined over 500 shows to load now that's more like it. I think my problem earlier was due to messing up and running artwork beef before configuring it to only pull artwork for extra Landscape TV thumbs and clearlogos. I inadvertently downloaded thousands of pics so I used beef to delete them but obviously this screwed something up so a fresh start with just the bare minimum of downloaded artwork fixed my slow loading issue.

Now for other issues when I have the media setting videos default select action on show information and then play a video from the info dialog (just tv shows not movies, movies works as it should) it goes strait to the message Playback failed one or more items failed to play instantly it doesn't even try to play the video. If I then long hold the episode from the info dialog and hit play or navigate to the more episodes screen and hit play the you're watching Netflix OSD pops up as the video begins to play and never fades away. Kodi 18 Alpha 1 on Nvidia Shield Android 6 Any ideas?

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cartman.dos - 2018-10-09

(2018-10-06, 22:14)chup123 Wrote: Hello, I love this skin. But I have 1 question.

When playing trailers from the info screen in the background/window you have to set the default OSD showup timer to 0. Otherwise, the stream will crash.

This is fixed by disabling the auto OSD opening, but when I play a movie I would like to see my OSD for a few seconds just to make sure everything is working correctly.

Is there a fix for this?
You mean the ''auto show OSD infopanel on video playback start" setting? cause i have it on 4 sec and it works fine on my end...

which kodi version are you on? there's been many changes lately in the leia nightlies.

(2018-10-07, 14:57)cscott1 Wrote:
(2018-10-06, 19:54)cartman.dos Wrote:
 Congrats on the upgrade.
Thanks, That's what I did and now it takes under 2 seconds on the shield for 14 widgets combined over 500 shows to load now that's more like it. I think my problem earlier was due to messing up and running artwork beef before configuring it to only pull artwork for extra Landscape TV thumbs and clearlogos. I inadvertently downloaded thousands of pics so I used beef to delete them but obviously this screwed something up so a fresh start with just the bare minimum of downloaded artwork fixed my slow loading issue.

Now for other issues when I have the media setting videos default select action on show information and then play a video from the info dialog (just tv shows not movies, movies works as it should) it goes strait to the message Playback failed one or more items failed to play instantly it doesn't even try to play the video. If I then long hold the episode from the info dialog and hit play or navigate to the more episodes screen and hit play the you're watching Netflix OSD pops up as the video begins to play and never fades away. Kodi 18 Alpha 1 on Nvidia Shield Android 6 Any ideas?  
Yeah, so it's good to hear you're enjoying the shield now.

About the problem you mention, does it happen when entering a TVSHOW and then when pressing the "Play Sx:Ex"? IF SO -
then, i need to know more about how you store your video library and do you use a share to stream it on the shield?

about osd popup, try upgrading kodi to latest nightly build and see if it helps.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2018-10-09

(2018-10-09, 15:14)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2018-10-07, 14:57)cscott1 Wrote:
(2018-10-06, 19:54)cartman.dos Wrote:  Congrats on the upgrade.

About the problem you mention, does it happen when entering a TVSHOW and then when pressing the "Play Sx:Ex" (not an episode)? IF SO -
then, i need to know more about how you store your video library and do you use a share to stream it on the shield?

about osd popup, try upgrading kodi to latest nightly build and see if it helps. 

Yes the playback failed error only happens when pressing on the play episode from the info dialog screen exp. Play Season one Episode one. I use addon library integration yes I stream them. I downgraded to Kodi 18 Alpha one because some of the addons I use are partially broken in the newer releases but I'll save my build and try on the newest nightly and see if that fixes the OSD issue and report back. thanks for the support  

(2018-10-09, 15:30)cscott1 Wrote:
(2018-10-09, 15:14)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2018-10-07, 14:57)cscott1 Wrote: Thanks, That's what I did and now it takes under 2 seconds on the shield for 14 widgets combined over 500 shows to load now that's more like it. I think my problem earlier was due to messing up and running artwork beef before configuring it to only pull artwork for extra Landscape TV thumbs and clearlogos. I inadvertently downloaded thousands of pics so I used beef to delete them but obviously this screwed something up so a fresh start with just the bare minimum of downloaded artwork fixed my slow loading issue.

About the problem you mention, does it happen when entering a TVSHOW and then when pressing the "Play Sx:Ex" (not an episode)? IF SO -

Yes the playback failed error only happens when pressing on the play episode from the info dialog screen exp. Play Season one Episode one. I use addon library integration yes I stream them. I downgraded to Kodi 18 Alpha one because some of the addons I use are partially broken in the newer releases but I'll save my build and try on the newest nightly and see if that fixes the OSD issue and report back. thanks for the support  
 I don't know which addon you mean by that, but the way the play button works is by looking at the inprogress library in kodi. which means it probably won't work for (probably) banned addons. I do not intend on supporting content that is not coming from the library, only fix in this matter is using an addon that will scan the content to a (virtual) library, but did not test it myself. If I misunderstood you, please correct me.

about osd popup, try also to use ''auto close info..." with set time in playback setting of the skin, if it's not set to close that could be where the fault lies. also, what happens if u press the "i" (information) button of the osd buttons when it pops, doesn't it closes the information panel?

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2018-10-09

(2018-10-09, 16:33)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2018-10-09, 15:30)cscott1 Wrote:
(2018-10-09, 15:14)cartman.dos Wrote: Yeah, so it's good to hear you're enjoying the shield now.

I don't know which addon you mean by that, but the way the play button works is by looking at the inprogress library in kodi. which means it probably won't work for (probably) banned addons. I do not intend on supporting content that is not coming from the library, only fix in this matter is using an addon that will scan the content to a (virtual) library, but did not test it myself. If I misunderstood you, please correct me.

about osd popup, try also to use ''auto close info..." with set time in playback setting of the skin, if it's not set to close that could be where the fault lies. also, what happens if u press the "i" (information) button of the osd buttons when it pops, doesn't it closes the information panel?          
Oh ok that is helpful I changed the name of the in progress to continue watching as a widget and it pulls from the in progress and keeps track of the shows I am currently watching. Does it still pull from the in progress if you haven't actually started to watch anything yet on the info dialog screen? season one episode 1 plays normally from the info dialog screen from locally added library content right? With addon integration I believe it does just what you said you add a show to your library from within the addon then it then scrapes all the metadata and artwork and the progress of the shows you watch is kept the same way as local content in your library. There are a few kodi addons in the official kodi repository that pulls online content and streams it Popcorn Flix for example so it isn't going against kodi guidelines in supporting such functions. At work at the moment I'll test out the auto close suggestion when I get home. When the OSD is stuck on screen if I hit the back button it closes the stream. Im not sure if I long hold the back button I'll check on that when I get home as well.

Another thing that just occurred to me is that I use Custom Tags which I cant even find in Titan I make them in Estuary I have about 20 of them with different categories things Like Netflix Originals, Science fiction, Horror/Fantasy, Historic Dramas etc trying to mimic Netflix's widgets as close as possible. When setting up my widgets I have it navigate strait to my Tags are you saying it only works if you assign the widget to the in progress category? or does it look at what's in progress no matter where you point your widget to in the kodi library?

***tested a couple things last night the I set the auto close info to 2 seconds and the OSD remained stuck, again it doesn't do this when the default select action is set to play only when set to show info. As far as long pressing the back button when while the OSD is stuck it just stops the stream and takes me back to the home screen.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - cscott1 - 2018-10-11

(2018-09-04, 20:01)wsx1 Wrote:
(2018-09-04, 19:56)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2018-09-04, 19:52)wsx1 Wrote: I restore 523 view from google drive (thanks fir suggestion).
Yes I think it's better to have multiple rows for episode but I think it's better to have a poster for sere tv season with horizontal scrollin because ofter are 2 o 3 (it's very rare to have more that 5 season).
So for me fixed poster for seasons
Fixed landscape for episodes

I use infact 523 for season and wide 525 wide netflix for episodes
I meant if you think it's better for tvshows and movies library? I know it's less attractive for seasons and episodes...
I think is better for tv show have poster and film.
Also for season
But for episodes I like this settings.

Also please upload old 523 from 0.1.1 that that I download from repository not working well. :-(

I insert the image I like for tv showImageImageImage

Cartman I kind of agree with this guy about the seasons looking better with the posters view. I like the homepage with the the two landscape rows. And episodes on wide Netflix is there a way to do this?

Ideally it would flow best if the seasons and episodes were on one page in the wide Netflix veiw but I think I remember reading somewhere you had trouble figuring that out?

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 04/09/2018) - mardukL - 2018-10-11

(2018-10-11, 01:11)cscott1 Wrote:
(2018-09-04, 20:01)wsx1 Wrote:
(2018-09-04, 19:56)cartman.dos Wrote: I meant if you think it's better for tvshows and movies library? I know it's less attractive for seasons and episodes...
I think is better for tv show have poster and film.
Also for season
But for episodes I like this settings.

Also please upload old 523 from 0.1.1 that that I download from repository not working well. :-(

I insert the image I like for tv showImageImageImage

Cartman I kind of agree with this guy about the seasons looking better with the posters view. I like the homepage with the the two landscape rows. And episodes on wide Netflix is there a way to do this?

Ideally it would flow best if the seasons and episodes were on one page in the wide Netflix veiw but I think I remember reading somewhere you had trouble figuring that out?

I lnow that cartman still working on the viewtype.
So, just reply to the season and episode in one.
I use it this way in Titan MOD mod (season & episodes in one view) but you will not be able to open contextmenu on the episodes .that's one of the reasons we splitted the work in 2 mods.