Kodi Community Forum
Release Eminence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Release Eminence (/showthread.php?tid=187071)

RE: Eminence - Gregoire - 2014-11-15

I use it on helix without the addon.xml. Looks fine to me. Ofcourse it came over from earlier installs. Keyboard doesn't work though.

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-11-16

(2014-11-15, 08:28)suku_patel_22 Wrote: Hey how is helix coming up. Eminence is the reason I am still on Gotham Smile

This update is going to be the last for Gotham, then I'm switching the github to Helix development. It will still be some time yet, but hopefully should be ready for final release of Helix. I was going to make some big changes regarding hub set-up but I don't have the time to get it finished properly so I'm just going to focus on Helix compatability and then make the other changes at a later date.

Okay so I've pushed the first lot of Helix stuff to the Github repo.

So Far:
Fixed right alignment issues for Viewtypes.
Addonbrowser updates.
Updated keyboard (this was the big one - pretty much complete rewrite, but now you can select various layouts in Appearance > International).

Still to do:
Everything else Tongue

UPDATE: Everything for Helix should be pretty much done now except for PVR. I'm looking for bugs - in particular issues with right or centered alignment in lists or dialogs. If you see something let me know! Smile

RE: Eminence - wrxtasy - 2014-11-16

@jurial - all the misaligned Weather Fanart and missing Text tags in the movies section is back and aligned properly again on my RPi.

I do like the new dialogue box down the bottom too. Its much more elegant and clean.

Thanks for that.

RE: Eminence - wobbly - 2014-11-16

where to get for Helix ?
on page 1 i see https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.eminence .... how to add to kodi ?

RE: Eminence - Jorgen57 - 2014-11-16

(2014-11-16, 00:14)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-11-15, 08:28)suku_patel_22 Wrote: Hey how is helix coming up. Eminence is the reason I am still on Gotham Smile

This update is going to be the last for Gotham, then I'm switching the github to Helix development. It will still be some time yet, but hopefully should be ready for final release of Helix. I was going to make some big changes regarding hub set-up but I don't have the time to get it finished properly so I'm just going to focus on Helix compatability and then make the other changes at a later date.

Has all the errors reported in the skin been fixed for Gotham?
I will not upgrade to Helix since Gotham is working for me and i don't need any of new features in Helix.

The only thing not working for me in Helix is Live TV - PVR, and as I understand that needs a few changes to comply with Helix.

The big plus is on low powered devices there is a significant speed bump to everything in Kodi - Helix. Very noticeable on my overclocked RPi.

For any of those from Down Under using the add on - OzWeather I've written a small fix to pass the correct Sunrise/Sunset information into the Eminence Skin.

Add the following text to the weather.ozweather file - default.py - under the #SET PROPERTIES section:

Code:
setProperty(WEATHER_WINDOW, 'Today.Sunrise'         , sunrise)
setProperty(WEATHER_WINDOW, 'Today.Sunset'          , sunset)

Time to contact the Author and get it added was well.

Tongue

RE: Eminence - acelove - 2014-11-16

Hi mate, I like the new change to the dialogue boxes being at the bottom, but I was wondering if it could be reduced in height? It's overlapping a few things lol

RE: Eminence - suku_patel_22 - 2014-11-16

Is it there in official Helix repo? Or the helix version needs an update from the git?

RE: Eminence - ED-209 - 2014-11-16

(2014-11-14, 05:15)wrxtasy Wrote: I assume you have deselected :

Settings > PVR Service > Playback > Start playback Minimised ??

Wow thank you that worked a treat. Shame on me for not looking through the menus before posting.

Logging into Paypal later to make a donation.

#FANTASTIC EMINENCE!

RE: Eminence - locomot1f - 2014-11-16

yeah!!!! i got my keyboard back. no more switching back and for to Confluence.

i'll keep my eyes open Cool for any issues.

GREAT JOB @jurialmunkey. IMO, the best skin out there.... minimal, customize-able, clean.

One ?uestion I have.
are you planning to add support for the music section to ''rate'' your music?
not sure how you would implement it into this look.... but I was just wondering.

thanks again!

(2014-11-16, 14:09)suku_patel_22 Wrote: Is it there in official Helix repo? Or the helix version needs an update from the git?
If you have not already installed Eminence in XBMC Gotham, you will have to get your hands dirty. Download the Helix zip version from Github.
Open up the zip file and find the add-on.xml file.
Now cross-reference all the <import addon= xxxxx version numbers to correspond with those addons that Kodi already has present.
Change most of them to the updated versions numbers and save.
Now check - do you actually have all the required addons in the Kodi addon directory ?

Now put the complete skin.eminence directory in the .kodi/addons directory appropriate to you system
Restart Kodi and select Eminence.

Simple !!!

RE: Eminence - locomot1f - 2014-11-16

(2014-11-16, 14:06)acelove Wrote: Hi mate, I like the new change to the dialogue boxes being at the bottom, but I was wondering if it could be reduced in height? It's overlapping a few things lol

+1 -- i agree... seems like the box could be reduced a bit... of course if you have future use of all that space.