Kodi Community Forum
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support (/showthread.php?tid=116905)

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-11-13

Honestly my NUC (w SSD) boots in < 10 seconds so on/off may well be the quicker option! And it's completely reliable with on/off from remote. You can definitely make it wait for network at startup, too.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - AllHailMegatron - 2017-11-16

For anyone having Android PIL problems with the radar, Kodi 17.6 has fixed it for me

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-11-17

Well that's interesting - didn't see anything about PIL in the fixes.  I wonder if that's somehow more system related or something...

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - AllHailMegatron - 2017-11-17

Yeah that's possible, either way I am happy now!

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - Karellen - 2017-11-29

Hello @bossanova808

I am trying to install your add-on, but I keep getting the following error. I read back the last few pages, but did not see anyone report a similar problem. Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-11-29

@Karellen

Yes, I broke it - woops.  I'll submit a new PR tonight to fix it up...give it a couple days I guess before that is merged.

(It's because the requests lib has a new dependency on urllib3 and this broke my addon for sub-profiles....I wasn't sure why so I attempted to add it as an explicit dependency and stuffed it up, woops.  I think now that it must be that somehow in my sub profiles the requests lib has been disabled...no idea why...so I will remove the dependency anyway, should get folks running again).

(I really do need to do some nicer skin files for Estuary, too...but I jsut can't get on board with Estuary...)

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - Karellen - 2017-11-29

Thanks bossanova808. No problems. Smile

I am in no hurry. It is just for my test machine. I am writing up a wiki page and just wanted a screenshot of the Weather home page in the default skin. I'll check back in a few days. I can take the screenshot on my main HTPC.

Regards
Karellen

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - AnthonyB - 2017-11-29

(2017-11-29, 01:49)bossanova808 Wrote: @Karellen

Yes, I broke it - woops.  I'll submit a new PR tonight to fix it up...give it a couple days I guess before that is merged.

(It's because the requests lib has a new dependency on urllib3 and this broke my addon for sub-profiles....I wasn't sure why so I attempted to add it as an explicit dependency and stuffed it up, woops.  I think now that it must be that somehow in my sub profiles the requests lib has been disabled...no idea why...so I will remove the dependency anyway, should get folks running again).

Thanks for confirming, I just got this error for the first time and came here hoping for answers. Mission accomplished Smile
(2017-11-29, 01:49)bossanova808 Wrote: (I really do need to do some nicer skin files for Estuary, too...but I jsut can't get on board with Estuary...)

Yes please! I must admit, I've just gotten used to it. Could probably complain about how blah blah blah compared to confluence, but the screen is a means to and end; to play content. So, I just got used to it Smile Would LOVE to get back BOM radars!

oh, the BOM radar is supposed to work? I didn't think it did. It doesn't work for me in Estuary, Transparency!, Rapier, Horizon or Aeon Nox.

Is it supposed to work in any of those skins?

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-11-29

@Karellen

It works in Confluence (with a custom MyWeather.xml and DialogSeek.xml) - but this predates the current weather stuff by about 7 years so I'll have to look at how the map stuff is implemented in current skins to make it work with those I guess.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-11-30

This is now fixed.  

UI'll truy and look at Estuary soon, for at least some basic radar support.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - Karellen - 2017-11-30

Thank you @bossanova808 Smile

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-11-30

Ok, so I am about half way through porting the skin file to Estuary....it would have been much quicker except for the whole 720 to 1080 change

The Work In Progress is here - https://github.com/bossanova808/repository.bossanova808/blob/master/repository-downloads/Other%20Downloads/Skin%20Files%20for%20OzWeather/Estuary%20-%20WIP/MyWeather.xml

...basically, if you copy that over the Estuary MyWeather.xml (back the original file up first) - that will give you radars again.  The left hand side is OK.  But I've not had a chance to do the right hand side - it's basically just making things bigger and putting them in the right spot (so ultimately it will look much like:

...this is an official CALL FOR HELP - if you folks want it, I'd super appreciate you supplying a couple of hours of your time changing the various posx posy and width / height of the right hand side elements (starts around line 150 -  <!-- RIGHT PANEL GROUP  -->) ... to make this look like the above again ^

If someone helps me with that I'll knock up the changes to DialokSeek, too, and then we're offically supporting Estuary.

NB - I like all my weather on one page, no scrolling etc, hence the above approach - also, it keeps it consistent with the Confluence stuff.

So - pull requests welcomed, or even just dm me the file here!!

...a hopeful Thanks In Advance goes out to you!

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-12-01

@all

Ok, I've gone ahead and knocked up some Estuary skin files....about as much as I am willing to do since I don't want to use Estuary personally (it's all the untidy bits half on and half off the screen that bother me!)

Anyway - wiki updated with some screenshots etc - http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Oz_Weather - and you can get the actual files here: https://github.com/bossanova808/repository.bossanova808/raw/master/repository-downloads/Other%20Downloads/Skin%20Files%20for%20OzWeather/Krypton%20-%20Skin%20files%20for%20extended%20features%20(copy%20to%20Estuary%20xml%20folder).zip

As ever you'll have to copy over the files to your skin (Estuary) folder - to the xml folder in this case....or start your own fork of the skin so you don't have to keep doing this.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-12-01

Here's a picture:

...and yes, some huge storms are heading Melbourne way right now....