Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 12:30)KILLERNADS Wrote: I downloaded the fix 2 update i think it was from Dan Copper! However im not sure how to install it over my current build without loosing anything such as settings database etc...

Can some one please tell me which files i need to replace in the folder?!

I tried a few different combinations yesterday but all caused some sort of error!

thanks

What version did you have before?
Can you post the error log?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - zerocool_ie - 2013-01-04

Hey all

Does anyone know which setting to enable to download the .actors cache folder during an automatic scrape?

I am doing them one by one at the moment and it's painful Smile

thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 04:11)Randall Lind Wrote: I thought Brodrick was back or that what he said a couple months or so ago. He also announce a new version was coming which was rewritten from ground up and promise an alpha a week later (never came). However he seems to have disappeared again. Dan express he wanted to take it over but stated he wasn't a good enough programmer.

So no idea if EMM is on death watch again or not. However Dan Copper fix did put it on life support.

The point is that Ember works for my purposes almost without problems. But I scrape all the movies manually, not automatically.

It does not make much sense for me to fix functions in 5h that can repair a pro in 10 minutes.

What I want to do next is an adaptation of the file name to Frodo.
I also want to install a tv show banner support.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - upD8R - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 13:42)DanCooper Wrote: What I want to do next is an adaptation of the file name to Frodo.
Highly, highly appreciated Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 13:42)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-04, 04:11)Randall Lind Wrote: I thought Brodrick was back or that what he said a couple months or so ago. He also announce a new version was coming which was rewritten from ground up and promise an alpha a week later (never came). However he seems to have disappeared again. Dan express he wanted to take it over but stated he wasn't a good enough programmer.

So no idea if EMM is on death watch again or not. However Dan Copper fix did put it on life support.

The point is that Ember works for my purposes almost without problems. But I scrape all the movies manually, not automatically.

It does not make much sense for me to fix functions in 5h that can repair a pro in 10 minutes.

I understand Smile I don't understand what changes would need to be done from Frodo. Seems to me EMM is already set for it.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - zerocool_ie - 2013-01-04

It currently works for Frodo, as Frodo has backwards compatibility for Eden file name conventions.

I think Randall is looking for 'native' Frodo filenames...?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 16:24)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-01-04, 13:42)DanCooper Wrote:

I understand Smile I don't understand what changes would need to be done from Frodo. Seems to me EMM is already set for it.

Only because its Frodo is currently backward compatible, if they drop the old naming convention then it would only be ok for movies in separate folders, TV would have some compatibility but not everything.

I posted below what I would need to change from what I had previously told.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116941&pid=1283592#pid1283592

If EMM gets updated I really hope they keep old as well as new naming for images.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kricker - 2013-01-04

Media.emm is your database. As long as you don't wipe that you should be okay. All most users had to do was to copy all the files into your current installed folder and you are done. You may have to run thru the setup again, but that should be it.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - KILLERNADS - 2013-01-04

OK cool im sure that i did try copy all the files over and run the exe again, but it was giving me an error when trying to search for a movie - ill try it again later and post the error message!

Before i had the original installation which i then updated with fix2.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kricker - 2013-01-04

Make sure you are using the ember scrapers and not xml scrapers.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ohhell - 2013-01-05

Is this dead again?
IMDB is not scraping

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - MaxCore - 2013-01-05

euh working here ?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ohhell - 2013-01-05

nm, didnt get through all the posts
duh

Thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2013-01-06

I am getting a bit confused now. Is below the new default naming convention for XBMC Frodo?

(2013-01-02, 17:43)>>X<< Wrote: Each movie in its own folder (named exactly as below)
movie.nfo
fanart.jpg
movie.tbn (poster.jpg) Supported in EMM
movie-trailer.ext

If so, would it be movie.tbn or poster.jpg? I am renaming all my old files now and only want to do this huge exercise once... Thanks in advance!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - KcRage - 2013-01-06

Hi everyone,

since today everytime I try to scrape a new movie - no matter which scraper I use ("Ember Native Srapers", "Rogue's Movie Scraper" ...) - I got a "No match found" message. In contrast the rescrape of already scraped movies works fine. Huh

I haven't changed any settings or other things. Even after a few re-installs of different EMM versions the problem still exists.

I'm currently using EMM v1.2 revision 2422.

Does anyone has this problem too?

I'm stumped, please help me... Undecided