Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - cpmiller22 - 2013-01-21

I'm having a problem with the latest version of Ember that I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with.

I spent quite a bit of time getting my movies scraped and cleaned, but when I launch the Bulk Renamer tool nothing happens. I have almost 1000 movies in my library, so I'm not sure that's causing an issue? I'm tried removing and re-adding my movies in ember, but when I launch the bulk renamer it's empty, just showing a grey screen.

Thoughts/help

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 00:56)orbtwin Wrote: +1

latest version of Ember is 1.3.0.7 fix 2 ?

what's happen with actor images? ... will be patched?
when a ember with artwork support (logo, disc, clearart etc...)

thx

Yes, 1.3.0.7 fix 2 is the latest version.

Actor images is fixed and I will make a new release later today (~ 22:00 UTC+01:00 Wink)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kricker - 2013-01-21

Where is the new release? The links are still dated back in December, or am I missing something?

(2013-01-21, 16:03)kricker Wrote: Where is the new release? The links are still dated back in December, or am I missing something?

Forgive my bad English, I meant:
I will make a new release later today (~ 22:00 UTC+01:00)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bisk - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-20, 20:01)mfsav2 Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 19:23)bisk Wrote: I'm running 1.3 rev 8 and everything is working great with the exception of 2 things.

1. Actor images are blurry. From reading this thread I understand that IMDB has changes the URL for actor images, correct?
2. Bulk Renamer doesn't appear to be using the MPAA rating when renaming. For example, I have the renaming settings as $E ($Y) [$R] [$M] so a 720p version of Armageddon should be Armageddon (1998) [720p] [PG-13], but it wants to rename it to Armageddon (1998) [720p] [13]. Any ideas why this is happening?

Which is the field value of MPAA? and in the NFO?

M

Here's the MPAA Tag for Here Comes the Boom
<mpaa>Rated PG for bouts of MMA sports violence, some rude humor and language</mpaa>

Bulk Renamer will want to put 7 as the MPAA rating, not PG. My Folder and File pattern is $E ($Y) [$R] [$M]. By the example, the movie should be named Here Comes the Boom (2012) [720p] [PG], but Bulk Renamer wants to call it Here Comes the Boom (2012) [720p] [7].

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-21

Awesome Dan will look for Fix 3!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - dusty1971 - 2013-01-21

thank you Dancooper

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-01-21

thank you Dancooper too!!.

wait for actor thumbs...it's very annoying

** another question never posted (i think) there will be an update for scrape artwork like logo, disc, clearart and such from www.fanart.tv Huh **

thx again!!

(2013-01-21, 21:22)orbtwin Wrote: ** another question never posted (i think) there will be an update for scrape artwork like logo, disc, clearart and such from www.fanart.tv Huh **

This involves a lot of effort. Of course, later there will also fanart.tv support, but I will try to solve the current problems and full Frodo support.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-01-21

perfect!, all we appreciate your efforts...

cheers!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - upD8R - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 21:28)DanCooper Wrote: This involves a lot of effort. Of course, later there will also fanart.tv support, but I will try to solve the current problems and full Frodo support.
In Frodo you still need to run Artwork Downloader, even if you have local fanart. So there's not much benefit for me. Wink

I'm more than happy if Dan can just keep this tool up and running Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2013-01-21

I've seen a lot of discussion recently about Frodo, Artwork Downloader, and local fanart. I don't quite understand what the issue is, execpt that Frodo seems to have changed how it looks at fanart (not just files naming conventions) and doesn't look at local files any longer. Can someone who is a bit more familiar with the issue shed some light on this?

Personally, I love Ember and want to keep using it. Major credit to DanCooper for all of his hard work. Hopefully we'll also hear something from Bodrick soon too.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - MaxCore - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 21:28)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-21, 21:22)orbtwin Wrote: ** another question never posted (i think) there will be an update for scrape artwork like logo, disc, clearart and such from www.fanart.tv Huh **

This involves a lot of effort. Of course, later there will also fanart.tv support, but I will try to solve the current problems and full Frodo support.

thx Dan for your work!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 22:05)upD8R Wrote:
(2013-01-21, 21:28)DanCooper Wrote: This involves a lot of effort. Of course, later there will also fanart.tv support, but I will try to solve the current problems and full Frodo support.
In Frodo you still need to run Artwork Downloader, even if you have local fanart. So there's not much benefit for me. Wink

I'm more than happy if Dan can just keep this tool up and running Big Grin

I know this sucks but the best way to install Frodo is to completely uninstall Eden and delete userdata folder and do a fresh clean install of Frodo.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - upD8R - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 23:17)deh2k7 Wrote: I've seen a lot of discussion recently about Frodo, Artwork Downloader, and local fanart. I don't quite understand what the issue is, execpt that Frodo seems to have changed how it looks at fanart (not just files naming conventions) and doesn't look at local files any longer. Can someone who is a bit more familiar with the issue shed some light on this?
Not sure, if I can really explain it properly. But vanilla Frodo without Artwork Downloader ignores any local Fanart, i.e. Clearart, Logo and Disc. Everything (also graphics) is expected to be linked in the database but Frodo does not provide a native way of putting those extras in the DB. Of course, it works with the usual stuff, e.g. posters and fanart.jpg.
Artwork Downloader can also fetch local artwork if it's enabled in the settings.
Take a look here for a better explanation. Undecided
(2013-01-21, 23:26)Randall Lind Wrote: I know this sucks but the best way to install Frodo is to completely uninstall Eden and delete userdata folder and do a fresh clean install of Frodo.
I agree and this is the way how I upgraded.