Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 16:37)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 16:26)upD8R Wrote: You need to copy the DB, too. Basically I have EMM "installed" in my Dropbox folder and use it from any PC in my home network. Best portable solution and always in sync Big Grin

Right, the best way is copy the complete Ember folder. All movie and tv show infos are saved in media.emm, all precached images for tv shows are in the temp folder. Dropbox it's a good way to use on multiple computers.

Would one of you guys mind elaborating on how you use Dropbox like this?

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - upD8R - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 17:58)CaptainKen Wrote: Would one of you guys mind elaborating on how you use Dropbox like this?
Do you know Dropbox? If not, go to their website www.dropbox.com and get a free account and take a look to their tutorial. Any other cloud service like Microsoft Sky Drive might also do the job.
If you have Dropbox (or your alternative) up and running (on all your devices) just copy the EMM folder to your Dropbox folder, wait for the upload to be finished and you're basically done.

Now always start the EMM version from Dropbox (put a shortcut on your desktop, if you like).

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ynksbsbll2 - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 17:32)Randall Lind Wrote: I did movies last night and now redoing all My TV shows thanks again Dan fo all your hard work. Now in XBMC what do I delete for it to all show up correctly?

You can go to your sources and change it's content to none, then change it back to TV Shows or Movies depending on what you're doing. That will maintain your current watched statuses, but will read in all the new information for you media.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - craney - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 12:20)craney Wrote: Hi all

Im still using version 1.3.0.7 so i just manually use the "tt" id number from the imdb site to find my films as i only have to add the odd film here and there and i dont wanna change anything that seems to work so well dont like upgrading software Smile one thing i have just noticed though is that once i have entered my film id and it scrapes the fan art for that specific movie its no longer showing me the fan art image resolution under the actual image. So every image i select is only showing as a really small image in the fanart box which is kinda weird. I have gone to the movie database site directly as i believe this is where the images get scraped from and found the same image i selected through emeber but the resolution is much higher and once i add this image locally into ember its fine again

Any ideas to why emeber has all of a sudden stopped showing the correct fan art resolutions of the images?

Thanks so much guys

(2013-01-28, 12:36)DanCooper Wrote:

Im still using version 1.3.0.7 so i just manually use the "tt" id number from the imdb site to find my films as i only have to add the odd film here and there and i dont wanna change anything that seems to work so well dont like upgrading software Smile one thing i have just noticed though is that once i have entered my film id and it scrapes the fan art for that specific movie its no longer showing me the fan art image resolution under the actual image. So every image i select is only showing as a really small image in the fanart box which is kinda weird. I have gone to the movie database site directly as i believe this is where the images get scraped from and found the same image i selected through emeber but the resolution is much higher and once i add this image locally into ember its fine again

Any ideas to why emeber has all of a sudden stopped showing the correct fan art resolutions of the images?

Thanks so much guys

TMDB has change the image server, you need the last version from my signature.
You can copy the Media.emm, advancedsettings.xml and settings.xml to the new Ember installation to save your settings and database.

Many thanks for this Dan much appreciated, is the new version just a standalone folder like the older version i currently have or does in need to be installed? Never had to install the last version

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - G elly N - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 02:11)G elly N Wrote: i did it with a fresh film that had not been scraped and still getting small actor pics and know im only getting the option for small covers too but i work around that doing it manually but actors i dont really want to have to do manually

The Actor images are max. 400x275px. Is that too small for you?
[/quote]

im getting images of 20x30

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 18:20)ynksbsbll2 Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 17:32)Randall Lind Wrote: I did movies last night and now redoing all My TV shows thanks again Dan fo all your hard work. Now in XBMC what do I delete for it to all show up correctly?

You can go to your sources and change it's content to none, then change it back to TV Shows or Movies depending on what you're doing. That will maintain your current watched statuses, but will read in all the new information for you media.

Thanks another wasteful day of not beiing able to use XBMC Rofl However it is need and when done I am not changing anything unless XBMC 13 changes Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - AnalogKid - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 02:22)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 01:40)AnalogKid Wrote: Don't shoot me for this suggestion, but....

Maybe (just a maybe) it might be smarter to remove all the options for different filenaming conventions, and just allow the user to specify the filename themselves (with very basic parsing for <movie> <show> <season> variables) ?
At least that way, there's just one option for poster, fanart, banner etc?

Ember is not only used for XBMC but also for other media center. Therefore there must also be other options.
I created buttons to select all of the options automatically. This makes it easier to select the correct setting for XBMC. It will soon come in the Wizard.

Sure, but wouldn't it still be more flexible (and possibly simpler) not to have a definitive list of the possible filenames, but allow the user to simply define the filename?

ie.
Poster: [please enter the filename/s]
Fanart: [please enter the filename/s]
Info: [please enter the filename/s]

At least this way, you only need update the app for new artwork types, but not filenames?

All of that said, I don't know what state the code is in, and it might be a pain in the ass to go down that route now (but I still believe it would be more flexible if you were starting with a blank canvas). Media Elch has adopted this strategy and works quite well.

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 18:25)craney Wrote:

Thanks so much guys

(2013-01-28, 12:36)DanCooper Wrote:

Thanks so much guys

TMDB has change the image server, you need the last version from my signature.
You can copy the Media.emm, advancedsettings.xml and settings.xml to the new Ember installation to save your settings and database.

Many thanks for this Dan much appreciated, is the new version just a standalone folder like the older version i currently have or does in need to be installed? Never had to install the last version

Always standalone
(2013-01-28, 18:45)G elly N Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 02:11)G elly N Wrote: i did it with a fresh film that had not been scraped and still getting small actor pics and know im only getting the option for small covers too but i work around that doing it manually but actors i dont really want to have to do manually

[/quote]

You need the last version of Ember (check my signature).

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - PogMoThoin - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 17:58)CaptainKen Wrote: Would one of you guys mind elaborating on how you use Dropbox like this?

You need to be careful to use the network address of the share, not local drive letter or else the shares will need to be mounted as the same letter

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - FlashPan - 2013-01-28

Hi all,

Sorry but another I think quite valid feature request...ok well 2 Blush I appreciate it will be coming along as quite cheeky as Dan is the man of the hour right now and is seemingly being bombarded with requests etc.

1: Enable TV Shows section to create actors thumbnails and the .actors folder in TV Show folder folders. (more of a request from me)

2: Enable the current and proposed above to be created as jpg format in place of tbn. (for the life of me I cannnot find the posting but it has been confirmed that Frodo will use jpg format for actors images.)

I have posted the question elsewhere if another app can create tv show actor files and any positive responses I'll update here.

Thanks all and thank you so much Dan (and others) for all your support with Ember it is very very appreciated.

Cheers

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - G elly N - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 18:45)G elly N Wrote:

[/quote]

You need the last version of Ember (check my signature).
[/quote]

nice one thanks didnt notice that you had updated it, im still getting small covers though but thats not so much as a problem as i can do that manually

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 20:07)FlashPan Wrote: Hi all,

Sorry but another I think quite valid feature request...ok well 2 Blush I appreciate it will be coming along as quite cheeky as Dan is the man of the hour right now and is seemingly being bombarded with requests etc.

1: Enable TV Shows section to create actors thumbnails and the .actors folder in TV Show folder folders. (more of a request from me)

2: Enable the current and proposed above to be created as jpg format in place of tbn. (for the life of me I cannnot find the posting but it has been confirmed that Frodo will use jpg format for actors images.)

I have posted the question elsewhere if another app can create tv show actor files and any positive responses I'll update here.

Thanks all and thank you so much Dan (and others) for all your support with Ember it is very very appreciated.

Cheers

Since the last release actor thums save as jpg.
TV show actor is one of the next things i will made possible (after fixing season-specials-fanart.jpg).

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-01-28

Hello Community

Has anyone of you other langfiles/packages than English and German?
Or someone has the time and desire to translate in another language (ita, spa, ...) ?

Please send me a PM. THX!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kricker - 2013-01-28

Great work Dan. I recenlty tried out the "Frodo" switch and it worked perfectly. I killed all my .tbn files and renamed all my posters to <moviename>-poster.jpg. Everything went perfectly. I couldn't be happier to finally see .tbn files go and Ember switched to handle it.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-01-29

Well I am done thetvdb was slow as heck but, after 8 hours redoing 165 TV shows it is finish. Now to re-add them in xbmc and I am done, My day was blowned and here goes my night LOL