Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Xygro - 2013-02-06

(2013-02-06, 21:45)anahka2309 Wrote: Running the 1.3.0.9 version but still getting the low res posters. I just copied over the new files from your .9 rar over the existing files in the old folder; should I have done something else?

-edit-
Actually, nevermind. EMM gets the high res posters but they show low res in Frodo / Aeon-Nox until I manually browse for the file again. Kinda weird.

Try this:

- Just for your safety, make a backup from these 2 folders ''Thumbnails'' and ''library'', usally found in C:\Users\*accountname*\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
- After that, delete the folders.
- And then run XBMC and update/refresh your library.

(sry, for my bad english)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-06

Current state of the race:

The Americans lead, but all drugged and therefore be disqualified!
Just behind the Germans (they are all from Swiss and must help the Germans once again) ...
Short residue and the Brazilians are almost there!
In midfield, the Norwegians, is probably the cold temperatures.
The Italians have caught up, but just make siesta.
The Spaniards far behind, stopped by bulls.
The French have not gotten up the ass, which anyway would rather speak English than French Big Grin

Who wants to help his nation is as good as the Swiss logs quickly at Transifex and helps!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ironcross - 2013-02-07

I am trying to setup Ember to scan my TV files. My episodes are ripped to DVD_Folders as such:
TV\
----->Show Name
---------->Season XX
--------------->SxxExx
-------------------->VIDEO_TS

Can some provide some assistance with setting up the regex properly to get Ember to scan the files correctly? I have searched but did not find anything that seem to relate to this. Thanks in advance.

RE: AW: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mwaterbu - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-06, 16:02)DanCooper Wrote: Frodo accepted only <set>set name</set>.
I think you need to change that.
You can do this with one click in textcrawler.
Delete after changing the database and new update.

If you have (exactly)
foldername = moviefilename
you can to this in 2 steps with the bulk rename utility (standalone from co.uk website):

1 step:
Filter = *.tbn
Suffix = -poster
File ext. = fixed jpg

2 step:
Filter = fanart.jpg
Prefix = take folder name
Rename = fanart to -fanart

Thanks for the tip on bulk rename utility. I had tried to use that earlier, but it wouldn't let me load files from SMB. However, I mapped my SMB network drive to a local path and then it worked great.
As for the <set> tags, I will update them, but I am curious as to how XBMC knows what order to put them in? On the XBMC wiki, it says to use <sorttitle> tags, but I didn't see Ember generate those. Also, it may be useful to note that having the YAMJ compatibility for sets enabled will cause them to be incompatible with XBMC.

AW: RE: AW: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-07, 05:13)mwaterbu Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 16:02)DanCooper Wrote: Frodo accepted only <set>set name</set>.
I think you need to change that.
You can do this with one click in textcrawler.
Delete after changing the database and new update.

If you have (exactly)
foldername = moviefilename
you can to this in 2 steps with the bulk rename utility (standalone from co.uk website):

1 step:
Filter = *.tbn
Suffix = -poster
File ext. = fixed jpg

2 step:
Filter = fanart.jpg
Prefix = take folder name
Rename = fanart to -fanart

Thanks for the tip on bulk rename utility. I had tried to use that earlier, but it wouldn't let me load files from SMB. However, I mapped my SMB network drive to a local path and then it worked great.
As for the <set> tags, I will update them, but I am curious as to how XBMC knows what order to put them in? On the XBMC wiki, it says to use <sorttitle> tags, but I didn't see Ember generate those. Also, it may be useful to note that having the YAMJ compatibility for sets enabled will cause them to be incompatible with XBMC.

You can add the sort title in the normal movie edit window under the original title, not in the set manager.

Re: RE: AW: AW: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mwaterbu - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-07, 09:24)DanCooper Wrote: You can add the sort title in the normal movie edit window under the original title, not in the set manager.

OK thanks. Do you think it would be a helpful feature to have the sets manager do this automatically though?
For instance if we named a set "Die Hard", the movie "Live Free or Die Hard" would get a sorttitle of "Die Hard 4" since it was added 4th. That way, in XBMC, the order will be not just alphabetical.
Let me know what you think!

RE: AW: AW: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - _matt_ - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-07, 19:16)mwaterbu Wrote:
(2013-02-07, 09:24)DanCooper Wrote: You can add the sort title in the normal movie edit window under the original title, not in the set manager.

OK thanks. Do you think it would be a helpful feature to have the sets manager do this automatically though?
For instance if we named a set "Die Hard", the movie "Live Free or Die Hard" would get a sorttitle of "Die Hard 4" since it was added 4th. That way, in XBMC, the order will be not just alphabetical.

That shouldn't be necessary. I'm pretty sure the default view for sets in Frodo is by year (ascending), which is what you want. Check the left panel in XBMC while viewing a set.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ingeon - 2013-02-07

Silly question perhaps, but how big a difference is their between the Dancooper vs. purplepig one ?

Re: RE: AW: AW: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mwaterbu - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-07, 19:40)_matt_ Wrote:
(2013-02-07, 19:16)mwaterbu Wrote:

That shouldn't be necessary. I'm pretty sure the default view for sets in Frodo is by year (ascending), which is what you want. Check the left panel in XBMC while viewing a set.

That is not necessarily true. The first example that comes to mind is Star Wars. Since the prequel movies came out after the originals, I don't want them in order by release year, I would want the chronological order for the series.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-07, 20:22)ingeon Wrote: Silly question perhaps, but how big a difference is their between the Dancooper vs. purplepig one ?

My version is based on the Purplepig version. There are bug fixes and additional features installed.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - wobbly - 2013-02-08

i cant even get this to install on win 8 64 bit xbmc12

some help needed thank you

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Xygro - 2013-02-08

(2013-02-08, 03:07)wobbly Wrote: i cant even get this to install on win 8 64 bit xbmc12

some help needed thank you

you dont have to install it. just download the newest version 1.3.0.9 and unrar/unzip it and click on ''Ember Media Manager.exe''. thats it.
its working on my win8 x64.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - sparklyballs - 2013-02-08

i tried using this program and a couple of others all based on .net 4 and they all seem to crash when i have more than 34 movies in a batch selected for processing. it doesn't matter which 35 movies i pick, as soon as it gets to number 34 in the list, it crashes.

i'm running windows 7 home premium x64 version on bootcamp mac mini late 2012 four core i7 with 4gb ram, 1.3.0.9 ember.

also once scraped i have an issue with hd audio (specifically dts-hd) several of my movies have this codec and i have a smartplaylist to find them.

however ember doesn't seem to want to play well with dts-hd , it correctly identifies them in the emm program itself but when i import them into xbmc frodo they don't get recognised as dts-hd and therefore are not getting picked up by my playlist, (the playing the file trick below, does not work here)

if i uncheck the stream loading in settings, then no information about codecs (video and audio) until i play a file for a few seconds.

i have nearly 1,500 movies and that is a bit of an undertaking.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - jbrowne - 2013-02-08

about the DTS master audio, what I had seen is

the mediainfo 'plugin' is pulling in DTS HD Master Audio as "dtshd_ma" , but Ember's selection/option in AudioStreams for this is "dtsma". I'm guessing this is what is causing issues.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-02-08

you should be able to add a media tag in the configuration to map it correctly