Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

- steve1977 - 2012-01-07

seth.feinberg Wrote:1) Whats the best way to install this new version. I had an older (I believe 32bit version, there was folder created in the Programs x86 folder upon installation on my Windows7 64bit HTPC) and I have very meticulously organized almost everything. I downloaded the new file (from bodricks site), extracted it to my download folder and clicked on the embermediamanager.exe file assuming it would install over my old install.

Just pulled from GIT, but there is no exe file in the pull. Am I doing anything wrong?

- upD8R - 2012-01-07

seth.feinberg Wrote:Does anybody have advice on my first (and most important) problem, re: the best method for a clean install. I just loaded my movies in for a second time. I'm looking at the EMM listing for 12 Angry Men and it lists that it has no poster or or fanart. I'm also currently looking at the folder 12 Angry Men and it clearly contains:

12 Angry Men.avi
12 Angry Men.nfo
12 Angry Men.srt
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg

I don't install Ember. I always download the latest version from here (http://ember.purplepig.net/projects/embermm/files) and just extract it to the same (old) Ember folder. Well, for the first time you need to configure Ember with source path, settings and so on but afterwards this upgrade works well.

BTW, my Ember folder is in my Dropbox folder - so I can use it on any PC in my home network as all my video files are anyway available through network shares.

Ember reads the NFO file as first priority, I wonder what happens if you delete this file as a test.

My structure loos as follows:
extrathumbs (folder)
Akte X - Der Film.jpg
Akte X - Der Film.mkv
Akte X - Der Film.nfo
Akte X - Der Film.tbn
Akte X - Der Film-fanart.jpg
fanart.jpg
movie.nfo
poster.jpg
poster.tbn

Probably a few redundancies included but it works ... Big Grin

- Kega - 2012-01-07

Hey.

As the first thing, thanks for making this software - it awesome.

I sadly have a few problems with it.

I'm using the newest 1.3.0.2, and the following problem happens:
I add all my movies to it, and ask it to "scrape media" -> "All Movies" -> "Automatic" -> "All Items". But when it gets to a movie it can't find it fails on all the rest. It still scan them, but it will not find anything. Bloody annoying Smile

In the previous version, EMM-r 1.2 v2421, I had a ton of problems - but I have no clue if you are the same person making it. So I will wait and see if the same problems happen here, before saying anything Wink

- themugger - 2012-01-07

Hi All, i have had this problem for a while now and wondered if anyone had a similiar situation and had a resolution.

I have a script that runs ember after a movie downloads successfully. the problem is that i can see ember has started in the task manager but it never ends! if i run the script manually then it works fine.

the script just contains the command line

"e:\EmberMediaManager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -newauto -all

anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

- Kega - 2012-01-07

A few other things.. It looks like I still have some of the same issues as before.

1: If I get the info for a episode and it can't find a poster - it will never try to find it later. But if I do a (re)scrap on the episode it suddenly have no problem finding a poster.

2: Can't find a episode even when it's named in the same manner as every fricking other file and it existed on thetvdb. Makes the hole thing a little less useful, if you have to double check every time you add a episode. If I (re)scrape it, there are no problems finding the correct episode.
This is by far one of the most annoying problems I have with ember. And something that has suddenly happened.
Example: The file is called "How I Met Your Mother.S07E13", becomes "How I Met Your Mother S07E13" in ember - do a (re)scrape and suddenly it's called "Tailgate".

3. NFO and fanart for movies just disappears. I have no idea why, but I set everything up one day and the next it's all gone. I refuse to believe this is Ember's fault. Only resoon why it could be Ember, is that it cleans up after itself in a really poor manner. I'm just hoping someone can give me a helping hand so I can fix it Smile

And I have every thing on default in Ember.

- upD8R - 2012-01-07

themugger Wrote:"e:\EmberMediaManager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -newauto -all

anyone got any ideas?
Have you tried start?
Code:
start "Ember" "e:\EmberMediaManager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -newauto -all
Not tested ...

- Trigun - 2012-01-07

Hi !

And thanks for the new version.

I've installed version 1.302 (was using 1.2 2422) and when I click on 'Set Manager' most of my sets don't show.

Thanks in advance for your help. Wink

- sevensins - 2012-01-07

@bodrick : Can you please let me know which version of Visual Studio you are currently using to develop this ??

- bodrick - 2012-01-07

steve1977 Wrote:Just pulled from GIT, but there is no exe file in the pull. Am I doing anything wrong?

The problem is you pulled the source code, download the zip file from the project site and unzip it somewhere and you should be good.

- bodrick - 2012-01-07

sevensins Wrote:@bodrick : Can you please let me know which version of Visual Studio you are currently using to develop this ??

Visual Studio 2010

- bodrick - 2012-01-07

Trigun Wrote:Hi !

And thanks for the new version.

I've installed version 1.302 (was using 1.2 2422) and when I click on 'Set Manager' most of my sets don't show.

Thanks in advance for your help. Wink

Interesting, I'll have to test it and see, I have a bunch of sets and last time I checked they were fine, but I'll dig around to see.

- bodrick - 2012-01-07

Kega Wrote:Hey.

As the first thing, thanks for making this software - it awesome.

I sadly have a few problems with it.

I'm using the newest 1.3.0.2, and the following problem happens:
I add all my movies to it, and ask it to "scrape media" -> "All Movies" -> "Automatic" -> "All Items". But when it gets to a movie it can't find it fails on all the rest. It still scan them, but it will not find anything. Bloody annoying Smile

In the previous version, EMM-r 1.2 v2421, I had a ton of problems - but I have no clue if you are the same person making it. So I will wait and see if the same problems happen here, before saying anything Wink

Ok, I'll look into the problem you are having, it should just carry on, but maybe I broke something

I'm not the original developer or the developer of previous versions, prior to the 1.3 release set, I decided to up the release version because a) I figured it was easier to identify my version, and b) it seemed logical due to some of the changes I had made regarding libraries and the changes I made.

- sevensins - 2012-01-07

bodrick Wrote:Visual Studio 2010
Thanks.
Am thinking of doing a Linux porting Smile

Let me see how far i can get Nerd

- TeKo - 2012-01-07

A small bug
I tested different Movies and orders to do the tasks.

Auto renamer renames everything correctly but I always have 2 .nfo files 1 with the old name so I always have to manually delete the file before I can sort into folders.

And whats the best way to get trailers?
I tested it for one movie and looked at the trailer preview which was really low res and with foreign subs.

- seth.feinberg - 2012-01-07

tcman47 Wrote:right click your movie and then hit reload, what happens?

This was an interesting exercise. So I Started on "!Three Amigos!" Which had everything in place. I clicked refresh and first and foremost, it was still sorted at the top before Numbers (because of the ! at the beginning). Also the checkmarks under the Poster and Fanart column dissapeared...as well as the fanart and poster in EMM. Looking at the Three Amigos! folder I see:

fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
movie.tbn
poster.jpg
Three Amigos! (1986).avi
Three Amigos! (1986).nfo

I tried the same thing on 12 Angry Men (fanart and poster disappeared in EMM but def still in the folder) and 127 Hours which the checkmarks under the poster and fanart disappeared but in the display window to the right, it still displayed fanart and a movie poster.