Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - meridius - 2013-04-19

(2013-04-19, 18:34)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 17:57)meridius Wrote: Hi all

thanks for the hard work to the devs who are making this progrma one of the best i have used.

Still bugs in extrathumbs it still will not pick up my own extrathumbs folder when doing a new scrape and when i am finished scraping the movie it deletes my extrathumbs folder and i have to redo them again as ember just does not work with extrthumbs for some reason when you scrape a new movie, its a real pain this one.

another question how many actors do you all scrape ? I have mine set to only get actors with pictures but i noticed one movie nearly got 140 pictures of actors and most of them actors are not even that inportant and wanted to know how do you set yours up

thanks

Deleting the Extrathumbs is not really a bug, but already solved very stupid =)
If you no Extrathumb selecting the fanart window Ember is assumed that you want no Extrathumbs.
I look to see if I can solve that better.

yes but if i go to the extrathumbs tab theres no pictures in there at all on first scrape, and i can not add any extrathmbs at all as theres nothing in that tab that lets you add any pictures at all.

cheers

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - deh2k7 - 2013-04-19

I found the issue. I am getting problems when I use any image caching settings. Turning of image caching fixes my problems I'm seeing with saving and selecting images, at least on the movies side.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-19

(2013-04-19, 18:34)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 17:57)meridius Wrote: Hi all

thanks for the hard work to the devs who are making this progrma one of the best i have used.

Still bugs in extrathumbs it still will not pick up my own extrathumbs folder when doing a new scrape and when i am finished scraping the movie it deletes my extrathumbs folder and i have to redo them again as ember just does not work with extrthumbs for some reason when you scrape a new movie, its a real pain this one.

another question how many actors do you all scrape ? I have mine set to only get actors with pictures but i noticed one movie nearly got 140 pictures of actors and most of them actors are not even that inportant and wanted to know how do you set yours up

thanks

Deleting the Extrathumbs is not really a bug, but already solved very stupid =)
If you no Extrathumb selecting the fanart window Ember is assumed that you want no Extrathumbs.
I look to see if I can solve that better.

I've checked again, Ember works absolutely right here.

The first time scraping all posters, fanart and Extrathumbs be deleted. It will only be stored the new images have been selected. If you do not select Extrathumbs are not available.

The same happens with change movie. If the movie was wrong before nobody wants images that no longer belong to the film.

If you re-scraping an existing movie, Ember remain the existing Extrathumbs, the new images are also saved.

My question is: Why did you have extrathumbs without the film has been scraped or is in database?

(2013-04-19, 19:19)deh2k7 Wrote: I found the issue. I am getting problems when I use any image caching settings. Turning of image caching fixes my problems I'm seeing with saving and selecting images, at least on the movies side.

I will disable the image caching in the next release. It does not work properly anyway.
I think that nobody really needs anyway.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - meridius - 2013-04-19

When I scrape a movie for the first time I go to

poster
nothing is diplayed so i click on change poster local browse and select the poster from my movie folder (works)

Fanart
nothing is diplayed so i click on change fanart local browse and select the fanart from my movie folder (works)

Extrathumbs
nothing is diplayed but theres no option to select extrathumbs anywhere on your local drive so i have to leave this blank as i dont use the download option as i have the extrathumbs on my drive already but by doing this it deletes the extrathumbs that are already on the local drive. I have to repalce that folder again and then hit edit movie in ember which then shows up all 4 extrathumbs in that window.

extra thumbs should work the same way as the fanrt and poster tabs as it just does not work for me.

also theres a bug in the actor limit as i had this set to 0 and get actors with pictures only and it gets about 120 pictures so i limited the cast to 50 but it only gets 38 so i have to enter 68 to get about 51 actor pictures so the limit option is not working right

cheers and thanks keep up the good work its exellent program

(2013-04-18, 14:59)Shemhazai Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 21:27)DanCooper Wrote: My questions are:
What happens when special Seasons (Archer S01E01.avi) are available?
Should the TV show posters then in the folder Special Seasons or still in the Season 01 folder?

1/ YAMJ Specials should be "Season 0"-episodes, not 'Special Season'-episodes.
So Special episode 3 of some show could be named S00E03.avi, and could be in a subfolder <Season 0> of folder <tvshow>.

2/ As for the question of the location of tvshow artwork and nfo prefer placing it in the <tvshow> folder.
Working with latest version of YAMJ I name it
\<TVSHOW>\ (tvshow-folder)
----<tvshow>.nfo
----Set_<tvshow>_1.jpg
----Set_<tvshow>_1.fanart.jpg
----Set_<tvshow>_1.banner.jpg
----\Season 0\ (Season folder)
--------Season 0.jpg
--------Season 0.fanart.jpg
--------Season 0.banner.jpg
--------<tvshow>.S00E01.avi
--------<tvshow>.S00E01.nfo
----\Season 1\ (Season folder)
------- ...repeat structure....

As of a couple of years ago you can place the Set_* images anywhere in the <tvshow> folder or <Season X> folders.
If you have <Set_>*-images YAMJ picks them up.
If you don't have specific <Set_>* images, YAMJ uses the poster of the lowest episode in the lowest season.

Advantage of my structure, as I see it, is that when you download previous episodes your fanart stays intact (it's in the <tvshow>-folder).
Furthermore if you delete (e.g. backup or not enough empty hard disk space) some (first) season, you delete the fanart too.

This answer is very helpful!

I repeat:
<tvshow> is the main folder name

tv show posters / fanart / banner are in the main folder, and they are called:
Set_<tvshow>_1.jpg (poster)
Set_<tvshow>_1.fanart.jpg (fanart)
Set_<tvshow>_1.banner.jpg (banner)

Season folders are called <Season X> not <SeasonX> and not <SeasonXX>
Season posters / fanart / banner are in the Season folder and they are called:
<Season X>.jpg
<Season X>.fanart.jpg
<Season X>.banner.jpg

It is not necessary to name the season posters / fanart / banner same as the first episode of season?
Are there any "all seasons posters" in YAMJ?

(2013-04-19, 19:42)meridius Wrote: When I scrape a movie for the first time I go to

poster
nothing is diplayed so i click on change poster local browse and select the poster from my movie folder (works)

Fanart
nothing is diplayed so i click on change fanart local browse and select the fanart from my movie folder (works)

Extrathumbs
nothing is diplayed but theres no option to select extrathumbs anywhere on your local drive so i have to leave this blank as i dont use the download option as i have the extrathumbs on my drive already but by doing this it deletes the extrathumbs that are already on the local drive. I have to repalce that folder again and then hit edit movie in ember which then shows up all 4 extrathumbs in that window.

extra thumbs should work the same way as the fanrt and poster tabs as it just does not work for me.

also theres a bug in the actor limit as i had this set to 0 and get actors with pictures only and it gets about 120 pictures so i limited the cast to 50 but it only gets 38 so i have to enter 68 to get about 51 actor pictures so the limit option is not working right

cheers and thanks keep up the good work its exellent program

OK.

You make this steps(?):
- Update Library
- the new movie has no existing NFO (?) What hooks are green here?
- re-scrape the new movie
- you select a movie in search result list
- you press cancel in the "Select Poster" window
- you press cancel in the "Select Fanart" window
- you select the poster and fanart manually (Local Browse) in the "Edit Movie" window, both are emty/grey before

Actor limit works, but in the but in the wrong order:

There are 40 actors. The Actor limit is 30.
Of the 30 actors have only 22 a picture.
Ember save only this 22 actor. Big Grin

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Biggrich76 - 2013-04-19

(2013-04-19, 19:59)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-18, 14:59)Shemhazai Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 21:27)DanCooper Wrote: My questions are:
What happens when special Seasons (Archer S01E01.avi) are available?
Should the TV show posters then in the folder Special Seasons or still in the Season 01 folder?

1/ YAMJ Specials should be "Season 0"-episodes, not 'Special Season'-episodes.
So Special episode 3 of some show could be named S00E03.avi, and could be in a subfolder <Season 0> of folder <tvshow>.

2/ As for the question of the location of tvshow artwork and nfo prefer placing it in the <tvshow> folder.
Working with latest version of YAMJ I name it
\<TVSHOW>\ (tvshow-folder)
----<tvshow>.nfo
----Set_<tvshow>_1.jpg
----Set_<tvshow>_1.fanart.jpg
----Set_<tvshow>_1.banner.jpg
----\Season 0\ (Season folder)
--------Season 0.jpg
--------Season 0.fanart.jpg
--------Season 0.banner.jpg
--------<tvshow>.S00E01.avi
--------<tvshow>.S00E01.nfo
----\Season 1\ (Season folder)
------- ...repeat structure....

As of a couple of years ago you can place the Set_* images anywhere in the <tvshow> folder or <Season X> folders.
If you have <Set_>*-images YAMJ picks them up.
If you don't have specific <Set_>* images, YAMJ uses the poster of the lowest episode in the lowest season.

Advantage of my structure, as I see it, is that when you download previous episodes your fanart stays intact (it's in the <tvshow>-folder).
Furthermore if you delete (e.g. backup or not enough empty hard disk space) some (first) season, you delete the fanart too.

This answer is very helpful!

I repeat:
<tvshow> is the main folder name

tv show posters / fanart / banner are in the main folder, and they are called:
Set_<tvshow>_1.jpg (poster)
Set_<tvshow>_1.fanart.jpg (fanart)
Set_<tvshow>_1.banner.jpg (banner)

Season folders are called <Season X> not <SeasonX> and not <SeasonXX>
Season posters / fanart / banner are in the Season folder and they are called:
<Season X>.jpg
<Season X>.fanart.jpg
<Season X>.banner.jpg

It is not necessary to name the season posters / fanart / banner same as the first episode of season?
Are there any "all seasons posters" in YAMJ?

The YAMJ default setting is to name the season artwork (poster, fanart, banner) the same as the first episode. However, EMM is not currently scraping season banners.
For 'all seasons', YAMJ has a poster and a banner.
The poster is saved into the Season 1 folder (by default) as Set_<show>_1.jpg, and this is also working as expected
But it can also be saved to the main <show> folder and still work.
The current YAMJ Module is saving the 'all seasons' banner as Season1.banner.jpg when it should be Set_<show>_1.banner.jpg

Again, I am using the default YAMJ settings. The problem we are running into is that YAMJ allows some customization to the folder structure and file naming. So people who have customized their YAMJ setups, what works for 1 person may not work the same for another.

Code:
Adding these options to the Module should allow for season banners and account for different folder structures:

Save season banner as <show SXXE01>.banner.jpg
Save season banner as Season XX.banner.jpg

Save 'all season' artwork to main <show> folder
Save 'all season' artwork to Season 1 folder

(2013-04-19, 21:42)Biggrich76 Wrote: The YAMJ default setting is to name the season artwork (poster, fanart, banner) the same as the first episode. However, EMM is not currently scraping season banners.
For 'all seasons', YAMJ has a poster and a banner.
The poster is saved into the Season 1 folder (by default) as Set_<show>_1.jpg, and this is also working as expected
But it can also be saved to the main <show> folder and still work.
The current YAMJ Module is saving the 'all seasons' banner as Season1.banner.jpg when it should be Set_<show>_1.banner.jpg

Again, I am using the default YAMJ settings. The problem we are running into is that YAMJ allows some customization to the folder structure and file naming. So people who have customized their YAMJ setups, what works for 1 person may not work the same for another.

Code:
Adding these options to the Module should allow for season banners and account for different folder structures:

Save season banner as <show SXXE01>.banner.jpg
Save season banner as Season XX.banner.jpg

Save 'all season' artwork to main <show> folder
Save 'all season' artwork to Season 1 folder

I think we do not mean at the same AllSeasonPoster.
XBMC use one poster for the complete tv show, a poster for all episodes in a summarized list (AllSeasonPoster) and a poster per season.
You mean with the AllSeasonPoster the main tv show poster? If you open a tv show is there only one poster per season?

There is no general standard for YAMJ for naming?
The simplest would be main poster / fanart / banner in the tv show folder, season poster /fanart / banner in the season folder.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Biggrich76 - 2013-04-19

This is the 'standard' default structure for YAMJ, without any customization

TV Show Folder:

Season 1 Folder:

Season 2 Folder:

If you were to download and use YAMJ without making any changes to the settings, it would scrape and save the main poster / fanart / banner in the Season 1 folder with the Set_<show>_1 naming convention as shown above.

(2013-04-19, 22:57)Biggrich76 Wrote: This is the 'standard' default structure for YAMJ, without any customization - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116941&pid=1333640#pid1333640. In post #2718. (I'm not sure why I can't link directly to that post).

If you were to download and use YAMJ without making any changes to the settings, it would scrape and save the main poster / fanart / banner in the Season 1 folder with the Set_<show>_1 naming convention.

This is the list that I have used as a basis.

What do you mean on AllSeasonPoster?

(2013-04-19, 23:04)DanCooper Wrote: This is the list that I have used as a basis.

It's the Show poster but the YAMJ module currently lists it as the All Season poster and saving it as Season 1.banner.jpg when it should be saving as Set_<show>_1.banner.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oxKtifr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Oe556BF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QVjgM6x.jpg

Ember handled that as the AllSeasonPoster, but we can abusing as a banner.
I change the file naming to Set_<tvshow>_1.banner.jpg.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Shemhazai - 2013-04-19

(2013-04-19, 23:04)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 22:57)Biggrich76 Wrote: This is the 'standard' default structure for YAMJ, without any customization - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116941&pid=1333640#pid1333640. In post #2718. (I'm not sure why I can't link directly to that post).

If you were to download and use YAMJ without making any changes to the settings, it would scrape and save the main poster / fanart / banner in the Season 1 folder with the Set_<show>_1 naming convention.

This is the list that I have used as a basis.

Hi Biggrich76. I did make some customisations to my YAMJ-properties file. Sorry about the confusion. I understand we should be trying to use the default YAMJ settings and work on that.

Now what do you mean YAMJ scrapes and saves the fanart in the season folders? I runned a default YAMJ and it saves everything only in the Jukebox folder without using subfolders for shows and/or seasons. It also didn't save anything in the 'source' folders.

Then I tried building a default YAMJ with only one show: <Spartacus> containing Season 0, 2 and 3. I don't have season 1. Nice testcase.
The Set_* images can be in the <tvshow> folder or in the lowest season folder (in this case 'Season 0'). I didn't test putting them in another season folder, seemed meaningless to me...

Only the "Set_Spartacus_1.banner.jpg" was confusing:
- I downloaded an image and named it "Set_Spartacus_1.banner.jpg"
- I put it in the "Spartacus" (=<tvshow>) folder
- I ran YAMJ
- YAMJ scraped another picture

- I deleted the jukebox folder
- I put the same image, same naming, in the "Season 0"-folder.
- I ran YAMJ
- YAMJ scraped the same image as above (another one than mine).

- I deleted the jukebox folder
- I put the same image, same naming, in the "Season 1"-folder. It was the only file in that folder, as I don't have season 1.
- I ran YAMJ
- YAMJ still scraped its own image, another one than mine.

Can you confirm a defaultYAMJ actually picks up a Set_<tvshow>_1.banner.jpg from a directory without scraping its own image?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - fnwc - 2013-04-19

Ember seems to completely fail every time I've tried to scrape this movie "Gasland", either manually by selecting the IMDB tt value or by selecting it from the list:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1558250/

I can't remember the exact error since I'm not at home, but can someone else verify this for me?

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-20

(2013-04-19, 23:52)fnwc Wrote: Ember seems to completely fail every time I've tried to scrape this movie "Gasland", either manually by selecting the IMDB tt value or by selecting it from the list:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1558250/

I can't remember the exact error since I'm not at home, but can someone else verify this for me?

I check this tomorrow.