Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Atomic7431 - 2013-05-13

When i have scraped a movie and i then go to edit movie via the right click, it shows me the runtime as say 88 min, but at the top of the window the runtime does not show, its just a ? where as the other info up there shows a logo etc. How can this be fixed whats missing?

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-13, 11:10)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-05-12, 18:12)DanCooper Wrote: Changelog 1.3.0.13 (12.05.2013)

Ember Main:
- added: small fanart in main window

Is there any way to disable the small fanart in main window? It seems a bit unnecessary when I have the fanart behind it, I don't need both.

No. But I will do a separate option for that in next release.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Milhouse - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-13, 11:17)DanCooper Wrote: No. But I will do a separate option for that in next release.

Many thanks! Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Atomic7431 - 2013-05-13

is this compatible with mediaportal?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-13, 12:02)Atomic7431 Wrote: is this compatible with mediaportal?

I'm not shure...

(2013-05-13, 11:12)myce Wrote: Hi,

one of the last things I found missing from ember was the handling of specials, so I added the necessary functionality to translate tvdbs "airsbefore_episode", "airsbefore_season" and "airsafter_season" into xbmcs "DisplaySeason" and "DisplayEpisode" entries.
It would be nice if this could be integrated into the official version. Who takes care of this? DanCooper? In what form do you need the changes? Diff in this thread? (That would be relatively easy for me.) Pull request from a forked github project? (That would be a lot more work...)

Regards,
myce

This will be a feature of the new (re-written) version 1.4.
I add no new features in the current versions 1.3.x. I want to make 1.3.x stable before we released the first beta release of version 1.4.

(2013-05-12, 20:58)orbtwin Wrote: thanks again for a new version ...everyone!
thanks for fixing audio overlay icon and subtitle locks!...

Overlay now works properly?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - hatbrox - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-12, 16:06)m.savazzi Wrote: Translators: I will clean up all language files as there are several string that have been moved around and I found 1000000000000000000000 duplication and useless strings. Thank you for your patience and help and sorry for any possible duplicated work!

will you update this forum when the new/correct strings are ready for translation?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - myce - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-13, 12:18)DanCooper Wrote: This will be a feature of the new (re-written) version 1.4.
Do I understand you correctly, that you already have this feature added for the 1.4 release and have no need for my changes?

As for the compatibility with mediaportal: No idea. I'm only using xbmc. But as all that it does is to add the two tags <displayseason> and <displayepisode> to the episode's nfo-file, I guess mediaportal will either interpret these in the same way as xbmc does, or ignore them completely. You could relatively easy try this out by adding them by hand after ember has written the nfo-file and before mediaportal has parsed them.

(2013-05-13, 14:06)myce Wrote:
(2013-05-13, 12:18)DanCooper Wrote: This will be a feature of the new (re-written) version 1.4.
Do I understand you correctly, that you already have this feature added for the 1.4 release and have no need for my changes?

As for the compatibility with mediaportal: No idea. I'm only using xbmc. But as all that it does is to add the two tags <displayseason> and <displayepisode> to the episode's nfo-file, I guess mediaportal will either interpret these in the same way as xbmc does, or ignore them completely. You could relatively easy try this out by adding them by hand after ember has written the nfo-file and before mediaportal has parsed them.

Hehe, sorry for my english Tongue

I said that we will add this feature only in the revised version 1.4. It will still take some time until it is finished.
I do not want to invest a lot of time in the version 1.3.x if possible, otherwise we have to do anything more than once.
I made a feature freeze in version 1.3.x and only fix existing errors. So I have more time for the revised version.
Ember currently running very stable and I think most can work with it without problems.

If you have already programmed everything you can pull your changes to my Fork.

(2013-05-13, 14:43)DanCooper Wrote: Hehe, sorry for my english Tongue
We can continue in German if you prefer. But for the sake of the forum, maybe we should stick to English...Smile

(2013-05-13, 14:43)DanCooper Wrote: If you have already programmed everything you can pull your changes to my Fork.

I had originally based this on msavazzi's 1.3.0.x branch and have just applied my changes as a patch to freshly cloned version of your Ember-MM-New. So I can try to fork your version and create a pull request (never done that, but I'm willing to try) or I could just send you the patch. Whatever is more convenient for you.

Ok, I just created a pull request (my first Smile)for my changes. Let me know if everything works out correctly...

Not sure if this is important: My id on github is rgls

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - SlrG - 2013-05-13

Feature request:
TheTVDB has runtime info on main series page (e.g. http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75930&lid=7). See the Information block on the right. This should be exported to the tvshow.nfo file. (See here:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/tvshows). Single episode duration should be saved to each episodes .nfo file, like it is already.

Both values should be in minutes for XMBC, so maybe clicking the XBMC Frodo button should make EMM save in minutes instead of seconds.

(2013-05-13, 15:42)myce Wrote: Ok, I just created a pull request (my first Smile)for my changes. Let me know if everything works out correctly...

Not sure if this is important: My id on github is rgls

Looks good. I'll test it tonight and use it. Thank you!

(2013-05-13, 16:12)SlrG Wrote: Feature request:
TheTVDB has runtime info on main series page (e.g. http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75930&lid=7). See the Information block on the right. This should be exported to the tvshow.nfo file. (See here:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/tvshows). Single episode duration should be saved to each episodes .nfo file, like it is already.
Is listed.

(2013-05-13, 16:12)SlrG Wrote: Both values should be in minutes for XMBC, so maybe clicking the XBMC Frodo button should make EMM save in minutes instead of seconds.
Good idea.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - orbtwin - 2013-05-13

Quote: orbtwin Wrote: thanks again for a new version ...everyone!

yes. it works ... otherwiser i'm gonna test again with more movies and video files...if i can...tonight.
i use an alternative video and audio flags icons, so i thought the mistake was mine, but with original files ember shown the same error.
now it works correctly.
the same for subtitle locks.

i think ember works now 100% ok for my taste.

PD: i'm waiting the feature for downloading from fanart.tv with anxiety
Feature request: 1.add "United States" language for showing the USA flag in AeonNox video language script ... not UK.
2.bulk editing movies (e.g. adding dvd source for several movies...)
3.add wich type of subtitle has the movie (forced, full, comments...). i know that XBMC doesn't show this kind of info.

thx

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-13, 17:02)orbtwin Wrote:
Quote: orbtwin Wrote: thanks again for a new version ...everyone!

yes. it works ... otherwiser i'm gonna test again with more movies and video files...if i can...tonight.
i use an alternative video and audio flags icons, so i thought the mistake was mine, but with original files ember shown the same error.
now it works correctly.
the same for subtitle locks.

i think ember works now 100% ok for my taste.

PD: i'm waiting the feature for downloading from fanart.tv with anxiety
Feature request: 1.add "United States" language for showing the USA flag in AeonNox video language script ... not UK.
2.bulk editing movies (e.g. adding dvd source for several movies...)
3.add wich type of subtitle has the movie (forced, full, comments...). i know that XBMC doesn't show this kind of info.

thx
Glad to hear that Ember works for you Smile

I think 1. is already fixed in newest release as stated by Dan:
Quote:added: option "Full Country Names" in Native Scraper (IMDB) * If activated Ember use "United States of America" & "United Kingdom" instead of "USA" & "UK"

(2013-05-12, 18:46)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-12, 16:06)m.savazzi Wrote: major milestone reached

all data & image scrapers work
Smile

code is available under my trunk

what next
  • fix trailer scraper
  • fix other modules that depend on scrapers
  • fix all language string and help
  • (lower priority) code cleanup removing unused code and variables

I will probably assign it version 1.4 as there are major changes Smile
Cocotus, DanCooper, once I release the final code you'll need to re/apply the changes in version 1.3.0.12 and beyond (sorry my codebase was 1.3.0.11) and do not think is wise to merge them authomatically

Translators: I will clean up all language files as there are several string that have been moved around and I found 1000000000000000000000 duplication and useless strings. Thank you for your patience and help and sorry for any possible duplicated work!

I can't wait Big Grin
I'm working on a new database structure. This will give a lot to discuss Smile

This is great news! I think I will rebuild the trakt.tv code and put it in seperate class like you did with fanart.tv - much cleaner and easier to manage I think.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-05-13

in version 13 why do we have a small background window covering the main background window? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200624630451111&set=a.1148609448331.23505.1620425232&type=3&theater