Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - _matt_ - 2013-05-20

(2013-05-20, 17:30)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-05-20, 01:32)mwaterbu Wrote:
(2013-05-19, 23:39)_matt_ Wrote: Wow, that looks like a mess to deal with. From my reading through the thetvdb wiki, it looks like the DVD episode numbers are all wrong there anyway. For multi-story combined episodes, each sequence should begin with X.1 instead of X.2. That alone could be what's screwing things up for you.

Ah, that is possible. The show is locked, so I guess I need to talk to an admin there for it to get fixed. How will ember handle the names for these combined episodes though?

That is not the correct naming convention.
The episodes should be like:
S01E01 part1
S01E01 part2
S01E01 part3
S01E01 part4
S01E01 part5

etc..

your naming 1.x is the equivalent of Series 1 Episode x

Smile

Under the Entry Methodology section of http://www.thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php?title=DVD_Order using decimal-numbered sections of a single episode is described with a few examples.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-20

the problem is not the site but xbmc and emm

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mwaterbu - 2013-05-21

(2013-05-20, 22:19)m.savazzi Wrote: the problem is not the site but xbmc and emm

Will this require significant work to get it scraping properly?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - unmesh - 2013-05-21

I finally got around to updating to the .12 version by unzipping the contents of the file over the previous version. When I've done this in the past, EMM asks me once to confirm my settings (and change them as is sometimes necessary due to a program change) but now it asks me to do this every time I run the program.

Did I miss something in the instructions that is causing this to happen or is this the new behavior?

Thanks.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-21

(2013-05-20, 20:37)m.savazzi Wrote: How do I hide the small fanart?

No Option atm. Wait for next release =)

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - hatbrox - 2013-05-21

Question on translations:
I'm doing some translation and I notice (this is not new, though) that different translators have different translations for words that exist in multiple strings.

I'm wondering if we could have sub-forums (one per language) that translator can use to share and agree translation so that the words are consistent across the application.
those sub-forums could then have some stickies for agreed translations.

Example of issues I see:
Example 1: The word "rename" which get different words in French ("renommage" or "modification de nom")
Example 2: when the English string contains the present continuous tense (am/is/are + present participle) translations are sometimes incorrect in French. (Tt should be translated as verb in infinitive form plus "en cours")
Example 3: In french, one does not simply capitalise the first letter of a word. (Sorry for the meme, I couldn't resist :-) )

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - KILLERNADS - 2013-05-25

Hi Guys,

Wow its been a long long time! Big Grin So glad to see EMM still being worked on and updated!

However, im having a problem updating to the latest release!

My current version i use is: Ember_1.3.0.10.1 and i want to update to the latest release i think which is: Ember_1.3.0.13

Usually, i just copy all the files from the new release folder to my old one and rename the folder to match the new version number, this way i keep my movies database changes and also settings. However, i have been unable to get it to work now. Once i do this update (as i used to before), when i go to scrape the movies the program is not showing me any of my movies in the list and at the bottom it keeps saying: Performing Preliminary Tasks (Gathering Data)...

Ive left it to load for ages but it stays on this screen and no movies are listed. Ive made sure the file paths are correct too!

Can anyone please tell me what im doing wrong?

Thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-05-25

(2013-05-25, 03:07)KILLERNADS Wrote: Hi Guys,

Wow its been a long long time! Big Grin So glad to see EMM still being worked on and updated!

However, im having a problem updating to the latest release!

My current version i use is: Ember_1.3.0.10.1 and i want to update to the latest release i think which is: Ember_1.3.0.13

Usually, i just copy all the files from the new release folder to my old one and rename the folder to match the new version number, this way i keep my movies database changes and also settings. However, i have been unable to get it to work now. Once i do this update (as i used to before), when i go to scrape the movies the program is not showing me any of my movies in the list and at the bottom it keeps saying: Performing Preliminary Tasks (Gathering Data)...

Ive left it to load for ages but it stays on this screen and no movies are listed. Ive made sure the file paths are correct too!

Can anyone please tell me what im doing wrong?

Thanks

Pretty sure that you must delete your Media.emm file.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - braaains - 2013-05-25

I'm having a problem scraping Futurama in DVD order.
I chose DVD order in the settings tab and in the scraping window but it doesn't work it is always in the wrong order even after deleting the nfo files and scraping again.

Can anyone help me?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - mwaterbu - 2013-05-25

(2013-05-25, 14:58)braaains Wrote: I'm having a problem scraping Futurama in DVD order.
I chose DVD order in the settings tab and in the scraping window but it doesn't work it is always in the wrong order even after deleting the nfo files and scraping again.

Can anyone help me?

Sometimes that happens to me. What I do is (found this on another forum post, so I can't take credit):
1-right click the slow, make sure under edit show it says DVD order
2-right click each season that is wrong, and remove from database
3-delete the episode nfo and thumbnail files (posters and show nfo can stay)
4-update library
Should be all good. If it's still not right, close ember, delete the temp folder in ember after step 2, and try again.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - hikaricloud - 2013-05-25

I'm still having problems with new episodes being added to the library, it won't automatically populate a poster/episode screenshot. I can manually pick one but I prefer the automatic. Any ideas on this?

EDIT: Also have another problem with Comedy Central Roasts, it uses frames from completely different roasts, or sometimes files I don't even have on my computer. Like an old Richard Pryor clip for Pam Anderson roast.

EDIT2: Ok, now I think it's just random plus new episodes. I had 2 episodes in the middle of a season that automatically did it but none of the others. Color me confused.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bonelifer - 2013-05-26

hikaricloud, I'm afraid the Comedy Central Roast problem is purely a TheTVDB problem(ie someone completely added the wrong pictures to the wrong episodes, while other roast eps don't have images at all). You can check for yourself: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=82186&lid=7

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - hikaricloud - 2013-05-26

(2013-05-26, 03:54)bonelifer Wrote: hikaricloud, I'm afraid the Comedy Central Roast problem is purely a TheTVDB problem(ie someone completely added the wrong pictures to the wrong episodes, while other roast eps don't have images at all). You can check for yourself: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=82186&lid=7

Oh wow, that's...hilarious.

Any ideas on the other issue?

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-26

(2013-05-21, 12:36)hatbrox Wrote: Question on translations:
I'm doing some translation and I notice (this is not new, though) that different translators have different translations for words that exist in multiple strings.

I'm wondering if we could have sub-forums (one per language) that translator can use to share and agree translation so that the words are consistent across the application.

Example of issues I see:
Example 1: The word "rename" which get different words in French ("renommage" or "modification de nom")
Example 2: when the English string contains the present continuous tense (am/is/are + present participle) translations are sometimes incorrect in French. (Tt should be translated as verb in infinitive form plus "en cours")
Example 3: In french, one does not simply capitalise the first letter of a word. (Sorry for the meme, I couldn't resist :-) )

hatborx,
can you please fix the French translation files?

On 3 can you tell us if is a bug of the program (i.e. renaming the shows) or an mistake in translations?

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - hatbrox - 2013-05-27

(2013-05-26, 15:56)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-05-21, 12:36)hatbrox Wrote: Question on translations:

Example of issues I see:

hatborx,
can you please fix the French translation files?

On 3 can you tell us if is a bug of the program (i.e. renaming the shows) or an mistake in translations?

I don't understand what French Translation files I have to fix.

On 3, there is nothing wrong in the application, it's just that some translators capitalize each noun, which would be almost correct in German but not in other languages.
e.g. you don't write:
You Have Selected one Post Outside of this Thread
but:
You have selected one post outside of this thread