Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

- spudbynight - 2012-01-21

OK - just updated the version of ember I was using. The last version I had was out about a year ago. I had issues downloading trailers and spotted this was now available.

For some reason I can only pick up 90 movies out of the 700 in my collection. It hangs when I try to rescan. I get a load of white bars in the bottom right of my screen that look like, possibly 610 or so error dialogs popping up.

The 90 movies in the database have no meta information in Ember. If I hit refresh the info appears and then goes as soon as I either try and rescrape or look at another movie entry.

I have tried the latest version along with the experimental version.

- xluthor - 2012-01-22

Hello,

I really love this program. It seems like the best way to update my library and it works very well.

I am having a problem choosing a poster for my movies. When I select one an error window comes up in the bottom right stating "an error has occurred" and says below "argument 'length' must be greater or equal to zero" and I cannot select ok because of the error.

Has anyone seen this / is there a way to fix this issue. This is one of the most important aspects of the program for me.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can assist.

Cheers! * Please see error log below

================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Platform: x64
Ember Application (Revision: 2422)
Ember API (Revision: 2422)
Ember Extras Scraper (Revision: 2421)
Ember Native Movie Scrapers (Revision: 2421)
Ember XML Scraper (Revision: 2421)
Rogue's Movie Scraper (Revision: 2421)
Renamer (Revision: 2421)
Frame Extractor (Revision: 2392)
Media File Manager (Revision: 2421)
Movie List Exporter (Revision: 2421)
NMT Jukebox Builder (Revision: 2421)
Notifications (Revision: 2392)
Offline Media Manager (Revision: 2421)
Web Server (Revision: 2421)
XBMC Controller (Revision: 2421)
MediaBrowser Compatibility (Revision: 2421)
YAMJ Compatibility (Revision: 2421)
Genres Editor (Revision: 2421)
Media Sources Editor (Revision: 2421)
Audio & Video Codec Mapping (Revision: 2421)
Ember Native TV Scrapers (Revision: 2421)

================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Title: Error
Message: Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero.
StackTrace: at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Strings.Left(String str, Int32 Length)
at EmberScraperModule.dlgImgSelect.SetupSizes(String sURL)
Date/Time: 1/21/2012 8:48:00 PM
===========================================================================================

Date/Time: 1/21/2012 8:51:24 PM
===========================================================================================

Date/Time: 1/21/2012 8:52:16 PM

Date/Time: 1/21/2012 8:53:00 PM

Date/Time: 1/21/2012 8:53:44 PM

Date/Time: 1/21/2012 8:56:31 PM

Date/Time: 1/21/2012 8:58:08 PM

FYI - I'm using version 1.2 and when I ran it today it updated.

- robwired - 2012-01-22

Hi,

I've used Ember to scrape TV shows with the thetvdb.com defaults. Most of the tv shows are appearing correctly and I'm now onto the task of filling in the missing artwork.

Within a TV show there are season banners, for example: The Office has a season banner of The Office (US).S01E01.Pilot.banner.jpg that gets downloaded to my Jukebox folder when I run YAMJ (Yes, I'm a Popcorn Hour C-200 owner).

I believe that Ember downloaded this and not YAMJ but I could be wrong as it's in the Jukebox folder and not in the Movies folder.

Anyway, my question is simple, does Ember support management of these Season banner files?

I see many options for posters, fanart, etc... but not Season banners.

Rob

- bigdave50uk - 2012-01-22

Is there anyway to stop ember creating nfo files for movies? I like to have the trailer option available in xbmc, and ember doesn't seem to create the nfo trailer url correctly so I would rather just use ember for fan art\posters and renaming.

Is this possible? I've had a look through the settings but I cant see anyway of disabling nfo creation

- spudbynight - 2012-01-22

spudbynight Wrote:OK - just updated the version of ember I was using. The last version I had was out about a year ago. I had issues downloading trailers and spotted this was now available.

For some reason I can only pick up 90 movies out of the 700 in my collection. It hangs when I try to rescan. I get a load of white bars in the bottom right of my screen that look like, possibly 610 or so error dialogs popping up.

The 90 movies in the database have no meta information in Ember. If I hit refresh the info appears and then goes as soon as I either try and rescrape or look at another movie entry.

I have tried the latest version along with the experimental version.

OK - deleted the install and started from scratch. It is now working. I had previously installed over the old version which may have been the issue.

- bodrick - 2012-01-22

spudbynight Wrote:OK - deleted the install and started from scratch. It is now working. I had previously installed over the old version which may have been the issue.

Yeah I think installing over an older issue can cause problems sometimes, although I did the same with my install and had no problems, but I think I also made sure to delete any old leftovers etc.

Going forward I'm going to try and get going some sort of installer and make it try and check for older versions etc, but right now I'm trying to focus on fixing some bugs and getting things moving along.

- m.savazzi - 2012-01-23

First of all: Thank you.

EMM Is superb!

- mbosner - 2012-01-23

First: Thank you for starting development on EMM-R!

Since EMM seems to be back alive i just tried to use it for my new files and there was one problem that came to my attention (which might not be new):

Is there a way to use the auto renamer for titles but stop emm from putting articles etc. at the end of the title? When i use the renamer and tell him to keep my german (german official title is not always german) title it renames e.g.:

"The Book of Eli"
to
"Book of Eli, The"

If i tell him to use the original name it gives me "The Book of Eli" but that is no option since it does also rename stuff like:

"Naked Weapon"
into
"Chek law dak gung"

cheers

- Multisaft7 - 2012-01-23

i've got a problem that when i want to change poster it always says error -.-*

- blackcows - 2012-01-23

robwired Wrote:Hi,

I've used Ember to scrape TV shows with the thetvdb.com defaults. Most of the tv shows are appearing correctly and I'm now onto the task of filling in the missing artwork.

Within a TV show there are season banners, for example: The Office has a season banner of The Office (US).S01E01.Pilot.banner.jpg that gets downloaded to my Jukebox folder when I run YAMJ (Yes, I'm a Popcorn Hour C-200 owner).

I believe that Ember downloaded this and not YAMJ but I could be wrong as it's in the Jukebox folder and not in the Movies folder.

Anyway, my question is simple, does Ember support management of these Season banner files?

I see many options for posters, fanart, etc... but not Season banners.

Rob

I also use EMM with YAMJ and the PCH devices. AFAIK EMM does not see a difference between banners and posters. EMM considers everything as a poster which is either normal or wide, one or the other and not both. YAMJ is able to use both a Poster and a Banner so you will need to download one via EMM and add one manually to your folder. I have EMM download the season poster and add the season banner manually.

- Thizizmyname - 2012-01-23

Love EMM and hate it go into oblivion so its great to see someone working on it.

I haven't updated since more than a year ago and were wondering.
In this latest version, is tv show scraping by command line possible or is there any one working/thinking about it?

That is the only thing I would like to do that it doesn't for the moment and last time it was dreadful to get the program and the scrapers fully working so I don't really dare updateing if it isn't available...

Cheers!
Thizizmyname

- TapRackPull - 2012-01-24

xluthor Wrote:Hello,

I really love this program. It seems like the best way to update my library and it works very well.

I am having a problem choosing a poster for my movies. When I select one an error window comes up in the bottom right stating "an error has occurred" and says below "argument 'length' must be greater or equal to zero" and I cannot select ok because of the error.

Has anyone seen this / is there a way to fix this issue. This is one of the most important aspects of the program for me.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can assist.

Cheers! * Please see error log below

I have been having this same error for months everytime I scrape a singular movie. If I scrape a batch I do not get the error...

- maeda - 2012-01-25

first post on xbmc so i hope someone will help out with my few questions

1.how can i tell ember to exclude for eg. .nfo or .txt files from auto renaming?
2.i rename movies with right click auto rename, because none of the movies in my database show up in bulkrenamer, why is that?

ty

- AnalBeard - 2012-01-25

Ok, been having a play with EMM for the first time and i have to say it's pretty damn good. I have found a few issues though. Sometimes it doesn't alway save modified data? I have been manually editing some film titles to sort out capitalisation issues and sometimes they save and sometimes they don't. Also, i've used it to manually edit the nfo of a few films to add them to sets, and it doesn't save that either.

- Orbi - 2012-01-26

AnalBeard Wrote:Ok, been having a play with EMM for the first time and i have to say it's pretty damn good. I have found a few issues though. Sometimes it doesn't alway save modified data? I have been manually editing some film titles to sort out capitalisation issues and sometimes they save and sometimes they don't. Also, i've used it to manually edit the nfo of a few films to add them to sets, and it doesn't save that either.

You mean that xbmc does not show the modifications when you update the library?