Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-12-01

OMG I know why ....

You upload your log, the log says :
2012-11-27 20:46:32.743 Warning/YatseLogger: l.b@177: Start parsing TvShow & TvSeason
2012-11-27 20:46:32.774 Verbose/JsonRpc: e.b@160: Request : {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"VideoLibrary.GetTVShows","params":{"limits":{"start":0,"end":500},"properties":["episode","genre","rating","originaltitle","studio","year","plot","title","playcount","art","dateadded"]}}
2012-11-27 20:46:32.799 Error/ParseTvShows return : : e.a@1952: array element at index 9 does not match
2012-11-27 20:46:32.803 Error/ParseTvShows return : : e.a@1952: Received value does not match any of the defined enum values
2012-11-27 20:46:32.805 Warning/YatseLogger: l.b@177: End parsing TvShow & TvSeason

This error is known and is the reason I indicated to you, you can search as long as you want until your Xbmc does give Yatse the list of shows instead of an error you wont get your Shows ...

I may even help you a little more the error state index 9 and strangely since index start at 0 the 9th is "art" do you think this is a coincidence ?

I'm one of the more involved in support but please don't make me mad trying to explain me how Yatse works Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Kiggerbare - 2012-12-02

I just bought Yatse Widget yesterday and kinda liked it (even thou the banner for all my series dont show up), Now today using the remote on Yatse i realize that you dont break Screensaver, and even thou i put on a movie or episode it wont break, i can however use the official remote and press "any key" and it will break it, i can also use mouse/keyboard on the HTPC and it will break..
Any fix for this?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-12-02

Please see http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/FAQ#Yatse-TV-Shows-view-mixes-Banners-and-Posters-Xbmc-EDEN-only for your banner problem.

About the screensaver problem this is not a known problem and it does work OK on all my Xbmc here. Yatse does send keypress and commands to Xbmc, if the command arrives to Xbmc then the screensaver does stop Smile

I suppose there's another problem Smile

Please follow http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Debug to generate the debug log when the problem occurs.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - doogdeb - 2012-12-02

I'm having problems fast forwarding using the app. When pressing the fast forward button the graphic shows to say it should be fast forwarding but it carries on playing normal speed. Anyone else having this problem?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - 321liftoff - 2012-12-02

Some other things I've noticed:

(1) The "rating" option seems to be missing from the list of sorts on the screen listing TV episodes (it's there for the listing of TV Shows).
(2) Starting at remote screen, I go to TV Shows (sidebar icon), "The Office" (any show should work), "Season 4", "Episode 1" (screen having the play button), then sidebar to click Movies, select a movie (screen having the play button), then when I click back, instead of going back to the movies menu, it goes back to the "Season 4" menu. Interestingly, going "TV Shows", "The Office", "Season 4", "Episode 1", "Movies" (through sidebar), but not clicking on a movie, then the back works as expected.

(2012-12-01, 13:36)Tolriq Wrote: I was talking about Android back stack not a stack in code meaning.

A position by itself have absolutely no meaning it depends on lot's of factor like the search filter, the order and the from (like if you come from Genre to list movies).

Keeping all those states while you navigate is normal and is handled, keeping all those when leaving navigation have no sense and would use lot's of memory for savestates.

Thanks for the explanation; I understand much better. Yes, my suggestion is for multiple save states, one for each side-menu item: Movies, TV Shows, Music, Pictures (don't know about Files/Playlists since that could be unbounded/large stack). Each save state starts from the remote window (the main screen) and would be bounded (not infinite); TV Shows, for example, would have a maximum of 4 steps in its savestate: TV Show list, Season List, Episode List, Epidode or Search state

Whenever a user selects the icon from the side menu, it removes the current stack off of the android back button and stores it to the appropriate savestate, then puts onto the back button stack the last save state for that icon and jumps to the last window in the stack. This would break android conventions which only stores one stack, but I think it's intuitive. I'm sure the software to do this would be quite complicated but would be very much appreciated! Tongue

I really enjoy the app and bought the unlocker. As far as I'm concerned, you are contributing to the state of the art regarding media browsing and are helping me to experience it the way I envisioned it should be. Keep up the great work!

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-12-02

1) Will be added, but I must admit I don't see the point of sorting episodes other than by numbers Smile

2) Will be corrected too Smile

You idea not only break android codes but is also near not possible Smile This would lead to rewrite the full android back stack feature. Savestates are quite complex things that can't really be saved on demand so easily Smile
All is asynchronous and linked. The data shown is fetched asynchronously via cursorLoaders that will be linked to the listview that will then save it's state based on the cursor that is async and can change dynamically.

I can't even imagine how deep in Android source code I would need to go to perhaps achieve this for 1 version of Android :p I let you imagine how to handle this for all Android versions .....

I'll add a new advanced option to not clear the stack when going back to remote or now playing from menu. This will do most of the trick but at the cost of more memory use and way more complex way to quit the app that will make you quit the app via your home button that will leave the app in background memory with all the save states and as such using also much more memory Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ntk1 - 2012-12-02

Tolriq

new build fix my problem with the fetching Big Grin

but if you can add a confirmation for the clear cache button it will be great, after i fetch almost everything i pressed the clean cache button Laugh and i can tell you that it happened to me more than once LaughLaugh i guess my fingers are to big for my HTC ONE X screen Tongue

where is "go to" and "favorite" ?

and about the addons in the menu, when i chose an addon from the new menu it just go to the addon in XBMC, but when i go to addons from library\files i can browse and search the addons from YATSE, it suppose to be like this ?

the new option for backstack is great ( but not easy to translate )

great new build...Nod

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - doogdeb - 2012-12-02

Tolriq, anyone mentioning fast forward issues?

@ntk1 : Sometimes cutting the finger is the best solution :p

Go to is when you click the text displaying time in now playing and Favorite is not yet here Smile

Yes one screen to start any addons even those that does not register as browsable from vfs (you can also activate / disable addons from there).
And for those that are browsable well they are in the browsable view :p

@doogdeb ; nope

Re: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - warlion - 2012-12-02

tolriq, question what do you mean with backstack this is a really hard word to translate lol

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-12-03

Lol yes miss a space but to be honest 99% of people won't understand :p

Quite hard to describe such a option in 3 to 4 words Smile

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - mjeyre - 2012-12-03

has anyone tested this on a kindle fire HD please ?

Mike

Re: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ntk1 - 2012-12-03

I translate backstack to something like

"when you go to now playing / remote you can return to your last position by pressing back button in your device"

Re: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - warlion - 2012-12-03

btw tolriq the new time distplay /estimated end play is kind a small to click and change the time any chance to make the font bigger?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-12-03

I'll try I can't set it too big for small phone screen Sad