Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site (/showthread.php?tid=127108)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: [RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site - crimsonfury - 2013-03-15

I am using a gmail address and for some reason it worked late last night... Maybe too much traffic?

RE: [RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site - prae5 - 2013-03-15

Perhaps, I'm not seeing any load or traffic issues on the server - but will setup some more monitoring.

Glad it's working for you.

RE: [RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site - Martijn - 2013-03-15

Pasting a log on the xbmclogs.com today gave me an error "error occurred while saving the log" (or something like that)

RE: [RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site - sphere - 2013-03-22

I am working on a new version of the XBMC Log Uploader Add-on (with automatic username/password replacing).
Is the Crashlog-Uploading with this add-on used (often)?

regards,
sphere

RE: [RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site - wyrm - 2013-04-17

sphere,

I don't suppose I could convince you to include an option for uploading the current skin and the general XBMC parts of guisettings.xml as well. While it would not be used that often, I could see it as being very useful when trying to diagnose skin issues to be able to see exactly what settings the system is currently using. Also, I include this script as part of my skin, where I have a button to trigger an log upload. Would it be possible to include options callable from the command line (well ok from within the runscript line)? Something like this:
PHP Code:
runscript(script.xbmc.debug.loglogfile oldlogfile crash advancedsetting guisetting

That way I could tell the user to go to my support menu and download the appropriate files when they encountered a problem and thus avoid the constant to and fro trying to pinpoint where the issue is with my skin.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site - Canozzie - 2013-05-11

Hi, I am trying to run xbmc log uploader add on. It has never worked for me it says Error: script failed addon.py.

It first comes up with the message. Do you wish to upload log, email will be sent to... yes/No. Then it follows with the error message.

Sorry for no log, every pastebin site i try freezes up when i paste my log?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

RE: [RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site - thebearnecessit - 2013-05-22

i have never used the crashlog, and i use the log file all the time.

Quick question, no mention of android compatibility in the first post. is it safe to presume this addon doesnt work with android.

I've installed it and tried many times to upload a log but I'd say only about 10-20% of the time it actually works.

most of the time i am asked if i want to send an email and then when i answer that question, nothing happens.

The reason I'm so keen is because on android the xbmc.log file is not accessible to a user unless you are on a rooted device, so this addon would be a godsend. Sorry I cant submit a log for this issue i'm afraid.

anyone using this ok on android?

RE: [RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site - prae5 - 2013-05-22

I don't have an android device myself, however there are countless users using the addon on the android platform.

In fact, I would go as far as saying its probably one of the most used platforms last time i pulled the logs of the server to put together some stats - so its definitely supported.

Based on my experience more often that not, if a log is being uploaded sporadically its normally due to local network connectivity causing the issue.

Likewise when users don't receive emails, its often down to typos on their part when setting up the addon. I purge the mail logs occasionally on the server and its amazing how often people the same wrong email address in ;-)

RE: [RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site - Martijn - 2013-05-22

It fails for me both on android an on OE using nightly builds
Nothing useful in the droid logs as the Python exception isn't printed in the log
On OE there isn't even an error. It just does nothing

(2013-05-22, 19:30)Martijn Wrote: It fails for me both on android an on OE using nightly builds
Nothing useful in the droid logs as the Python exception isn't printed in the log

Can you give me the current OE build you are on so I can give it a quick test.

I've tried it on my OE boxes and all seems fine, but they aren't on nightlies at the moment.

RE: [RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site - Martijn - 2013-05-22

(2013-05-22, 19:43)prae5 Wrote:
(2013-05-22, 19:30)Martijn Wrote: It fails for me both on android an on OE using nightly builds

Can you give me the current OE build you are on so I can give it a quick test.

I've tried it on my OE boxes and all seems fine, but they aren't on nightlies at the moment.

It has been like that since a month or two I think so any recent build should suffice to try. I use the generic one although I doubt that would matter. It indeed worked fine when using frodo builds.

Here's a log btw
http://db.tt/mX4DX3c5
Says script started and succeeded without anything in between.

Thanks, I'll try and take a look at it in the next day or so.

Wonder what python changes we've made in the newer builds.....

RE: [RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site - hstegeman - 2013-07-16

I am making use of a samsung tab 2 10.1 device, android 4.1.2, XBMC Gotham alpha 6 (14-7-2013).
The problem is that sometimes a logfile can't be uploaded, by example a spam error is the cause.

I would like to change the file location of the logfile to a location that is available on a non rooted device.

data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Special_protocol#Available_Paths
special://logpath - This path points to the path where the log file is saved. Added in XBMC v12 Frodo.

How can I define the special://logpath ?

RE: [RELEASE] New XBMC Log Uploader and xbmcLogs.com site - wibbilus - 2013-07-27

I'm having a problem uploading certain logs which are coming back as censored. I don't know exactly what is being censored but it is causing me problems in trying to debug any problems as i can't see the log file. Is there a way to find out exactly what has been censored? i have an old log file which i tried to manually post which also fails with the message that the log contains a phrase that has been censored. Any help would be appreciated