Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv (/showthread.php?tid=134538)

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Quiksmage - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-27, 00:15)zoydberg Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 23:58)Quiksmage Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 11:45)zoydberg Wrote: i dont know if xbmc likes everything being stored on network locations, try removing everything between <pathsubstitution> and </pathsubstitution> in your advanced settings file, even on the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Path_substitution they say "Note: This is considered an advanced (complicated) and experimental feature. Path substitution is not officially supported for settings files with the exception of playlists. It probably won't hurt anything, but some things might not always work right depending on what you are substituting."

or you could try removing <defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer> as it seems to not exist WARNING: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayerCore(videodefaultplayer): no such core: dsplayer

but also try the suggestions in my previous post, make sure librtmp and your video drivers are up to date

I've tried on a completely clean install of xbmc 12.3 with no advancedsettings file (everything brand new). The issue persisted. I have the latest drivers of everything and this happens on multiple computers with different hardware, but the same OS.
Another example of a problem stream for me is the LCS NA Stream. when showing the options, if PC:2 is shown it appears smooth, if PC:none is showed it appears microstuttery, laggy, dropped frames, etc.

maybe try going to the xbmc settings>video>playback>set "adjust display refresh rate to match video" to "always", enable sync playback to display, then go to settings>system>video output>set "vertical blank sync" to "always enabled", then try it again
Adjusting the refresh rate has made it worse when I tried, but yes, I've tried that as well. Maybe it's a problem specific to windows? I'm unsure as I've never tried Open ELEC

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - zoydberg - 2014-01-27

sorry i updated my post,
did you make sure librtmp is up to date? http://supercloudtv.com/librtmp.html

I did not. I assumed xbmx 12.3 would come with the correct version.
After replacing the file, I am still having the same issue.

edit: set deinterlace from off, to auto and the method to auto detect. Issue still persists with the same pc:none = laggy, pc:2 or pc:4 smooth. If this wasn't already clear the switch between pc:none and pc:number happens randomly and it's very noticle with the degree of jitter while it's happening. i'd say the ratio is that 90%+ of the time it's pc:none and laggy.

(2014-01-27, 01:02)Quiksmage Wrote: I did not. I assumed xbmx 12.3 would come with the correct version.

edit: set deinterlace from off, to auto and the method to auto detect. Issue still persists with the same pc:none = laggy, pc:2 or pc:4 smooth. If this wasn't already clear the switch between pc:none and pc:number happens randomly and it's very noticle with the degree of jitter while it's happening. i'd say the ratio is that 90%+ of the time it's pc:none and laggy.

librtmp shouldn't really need to be updated but it sometimes helps. i really dont know then, it looks like its trying to use the spdif interface, if you have the interface physically hooked up than thats fine, but if your not, in the audio settings, make sure it set to analog or hdmi whichever you are physically using, select the audio codecs that your audio receiver supports e.g. dts, aac, dts hd, etc, then make sure the output and passthru devices are the same(if not greyed out) and correct, it probably should be directsound something

(2014-01-27, 01:18)zoydberg Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 01:02)Quiksmage Wrote: I did not. I assumed xbmx 12.3 would come with the correct version.

librtmp shouldn't really need to be updated but it sometimes helps. i really dont know then, it looks like its trying to use the spdif interface, if you have the interface physically hooked up than thats fine, but if your not, in the audio settings, make sure it set to analog or hdmi whichever you are physically using, select the audio codecs that your audio receiver supports e.g. dts, aac, dts hd, etc, then make sure the output and passthru devices are the same(if not greyed out) and correct, it probably should be directsound something

Yes I have verified and tested many different configurations. The only thing exhibiting this problem is the twitch adddon. No other forms of media show this issue.

(2014-01-27, 01:23)Quiksmage Wrote: Yes I have verified and tested many different configurations. The only thing exhibiting this problem is the twitch adddon. No other forms of media show this issue.

have you tried the hulu or youtube plugin, or any other flash plugin? it sorta sounds like an rtmp issue. but updating it should have fixed the issue, honestly im running out of suggestions

(2014-01-27, 01:28)zoydberg Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 01:23)Quiksmage Wrote: Yes I have verified and tested many different configurations. The only thing exhibiting this problem is the twitch adddon. No other forms of media show this issue.

have you tried the hulu or youtube plugin, or any other flash plugin? it sorta sounds like an rtmp issue. but updating it should have fixed the issue
I have not tried those 2 addons no. Twitch is the only video add-on I actively use. Other than that I play local media. I'll try one of those when I get home. However I hope you already noted that not all my twitch streams do this. Random ones do it.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Quiksmage - 2014-01-29

(2014-01-27, 01:28)zoydberg Wrote:

have you tried the hulu or youtube plugin, or any other flash plugin? it sorta sounds like an rtmp issue. but updating it should have fixed the issue
I have not tried those 2 addons no. Twitch is the only video add-on I actively use. Other than that I play local media. I'll try one of those when I get home. However I hope you already noted that not all my twitch streams do this. Random ones do it.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Huar - 2014-02-01

hey guys, ever since the tech switch by twitch.tv im encountering the same error with the addon. the stream will play fine for ~30-180 seconds and then just stop. I've tried different versions of xbmc and librtmp as well as different PCs but the problem remains. any help appreciated.

debug log

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - delanthear - 2014-02-01

Definitely feels like there is something wrong. I've replicated this on both Windows and my Raspberry Pi running RaspBMC. Twitch streams will stutter a lot with the following in the logs:

17:45:13 T:2475684928 DEBUG: OMXClock::OMXSetSpeed(1.00) pause_resume:1
17:46:20 T:2475684928 DEBUG: Pause -2.16,-2.24 (A:10 V:10) EOF:0 FULL:0 T:0.40
17:46:20 T:2475684928 DEBUG: OMXClock::OMXSetSpeed(0.00) pause_resume:1

and soon after a DEBUG: Resume.

Sometimes the stream will drop entirely.

At the same time I'll be able to watch the stream flawlessly via a web browser. (Same machine running the Windows XBMC services)

EDIT: Streaming from web browser is awful now... I might have just been being lucky before!!

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - setharus - 2014-02-10

Hi all, just installed XBMC and trying twitchTV for the first time, live streams are working great for me but whenever I try to view "Past Broadcasts", it throws an error:

Playback failed
One or more items failed to play.
Check the log file for details.

When looking at the log file (xbmc.log) I see the following:

19:13:46 T:5692 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
19:13:47 T:5956 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:13:47 T:5956 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:13:47 T:5956 NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/channelVideos/datmodz/" matches rule for function "channelVideos"
19:13:47 T:5552 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
19:13:49 T:8368 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:13:49 T:8368 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:13:49 T:8368 NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/channelVideosList/datmodz/0/true/" matches rule for function "channelVideosList"
19:13:50 T:5812 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
19:13:52 T:2724 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:13:52 T:2724 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:13:52 T:2724 NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/playVideo/a502140468/" matches rule for function "playVideo"
19:13:54 T:8768 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playVideo/a502140468/]
19:13:54 T:4840 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
19:14:24 T:9068 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:14:24 T:9068 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:14:24 T:9068 NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/playVideo/a502140468/" matches rule for function "playVideo"
19:14:27 T:8768 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playVideo/a502140468/]
19:14:31 T:1488 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
19:14:35 T:5988 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
19:15:14 T:8768 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:15:14 T:8768 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
19:15:14 T:8768 NOTICE: Saving settings
19:15:14 T:8768 NOTICE: stop all
19:15:14 T:8768 NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server

As you can see I tried a couple times to play it. Not sure where to go from here, the log didn't give me any insight as to what my problem could be. Thanks for any help you can give.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - delanthear - 2014-02-16

Problems back again. I can watch a stream from a web browser find, but the same stream will drop out in XBMC with:

18:25:16 T:2550133824 DEBUG: Pause 0.06,0.17 (A:10 V:00) EOF:0 FULL:0 T:16.00
18:25:16 T:2550133824 DEBUG: OMXClock::OMXSetSpeed(0.00) pause_resume:1
18:25:18 T:2550133824 DEBUG: ffmpeg[97FFF440]: skipping 2 segments ahead, expired from playlists

each time it does Sad

is this just the video plugins for the webbrowsers being better able to handle twitch.tv's stream?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Wolfy ZA - 2014-02-28

Mine just keeps on stuttering every 10-15 seconds even on 480P streams (As rare as they are) where last year I didnt get one buffering message during a 1080P stream. Very weird...

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Quiksmage - 2014-03-10

My issue of randomly stuttery video is still persisting. Anyone have any idea?

recap: random streams are choppy appearing at about half the fps they should. When the PC none: field randomly changes to a number other than "none" it will be smooth for the duration of that number's appearance. Here is a fresh install of XBMC with a log on the NA LCS stream.
i've even gotten a completely new computer since then.

i7 4770k
asus maximus iv
gtx 780 running primary monitor + gtx 550 ti running the other 2 monitors

it also happens on my htpc box which is
amd 5050e
gtx 750 ti
and also happened when it was using a 9600gt

it also happened on my previous build of
i7 2600k
asus p8p67
gtx 680 and then 780

in the log I let NA LCS stream long enough for the PC: none to become PC: 3 for a few seconds of fluid playback before going back to PC: none

I then played a different stream which doesnt have the issue and is always smooth.

looking at the options everything seems to be encoded the same way. Resolution does not pose a difference, some 720p streams have it happen as well as some 1080p ones.

here is the new log split up into 2 parts.

http://pastebin.com/BKzXE42S
http://pastebin.com/XZnVVfA0

a majority of streams DO work. some streams work some days while they proceed to jitter the next day. Boxbox's stream is an example of this as I've seen it playback fine some days and not others.

Another thing to note is that it appears that this DOES NOT happen on my lenovo ideapad. maybe this will help you track it down? it's curious that it doesn't happen on this pre-built tablet, maybe related to graphics chip inside?
Since I remember having to disable hardware acceleration on the ideapad, I tried the same on my main computer, but it still did the same thing.

I'd love to keep using your addon, but I have to open up the web browser every time this happens.

I took a video of the 2 devices playing side-by-side, my ideapad without the issue and my main computer with the issue to hopefully show you exactly what is happening. I'll be uploading it shortly, although my cellphone probably wont show this as clearly as I see it.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0G9UkwiKa4
the video, as I suspected, doesn't really do the stutter justice, but maybe this will clear up just what I'm talking about as others have suspected it being different such as audio setup issues causing stutter which looks completely different. Hopefully you can see the difference of the way the screen scrolls fluidly on the tablet vs choppier on the main screen.

edit 2: Here are two more comparison videos comparing the website smoothness to the xbmc addon.
Things to look for are frame scrolling and projectile smoothness. I understand my phone's video quality is sub par, but I think you should be able to see the issue in these two videos.

left monitor is twitch.tv website, right is addon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo0cdTzVkXE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eYiykP38IM

i think it's most noticeable in the ranged minion bolt animation.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Smultie - 2014-03-10

Try XBMC nightly. It seems to have fixed the issue on my system.