Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv (/showthread.php?tid=134538)

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - xiaNaix - 2019-11-11

(2019-11-09, 11:32)V8MEM Wrote: Register your oauth token in addon settings to watch streams.

That's not going to help. They made API changes. The add-on needs updating by the developer.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - cage - 2019-11-12

(2019-11-11, 23:08)xiaNaix Wrote:
(2019-11-09, 11:32)V8MEM Wrote: Register your oauth token in addon settings to watch streams.

That's not going to help. They made API changes. The add-on needs updating by the developer.    
Follow the instructions here to get yourself quickly up and running again: https://github.com/MrSprigster/Twitch-on-Kodi/issues/461

It's currently working for me but a proper fix needs to be implemented.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - chief27 - 2019-11-12

(2019-11-12, 06:16)cage Wrote:
(2019-11-11, 23:08)xiaNaix Wrote:

Follow the instructions here to get yourself quickly up and running again: https://github.com/MrSprigster/Twitch-on-Kodi/issues/461

It's currently working for me but a proper fix needs to be implemented. 

Scrolling to the bottom of that thread provides step by step instructions to get the addon working again. Thanks everyone!

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - atlantius21 - 2019-11-12

Twitch addon can't open live streams anymore.
I get error when I try to open anything.
2019-11-12 09:37:11.291 T:11824 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.twitch/?channel_id=85581832&mode=play:
2019-11-12 09:37:11.961 T:9364 WARNING: script.module.python.twitch: API version |V5| is deprecated, update to |Helix| by |TBD| 2019-11-12 09:37:12.113 T:9364 NOTICE: Twitch: Calling |_play| for mode |play| with pos args |[]| and kwargs |{'channel_id': '24856654'}| 2019-11-12 09:37:12.425 T:9364 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: Error Contents: 'dict' object has no attribute 'decode' Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\addon_runner.py", line 15, in router.run(sys.argv) File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\twitch_addon\router.py", line 304, in run dispatcher.dispatch(mode, queries) File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\twitch_addon\addon\common\url_dispatcher.py", line 94, in dispatch self.func_registry[mode](*args, **kwargs) File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\twitch_addon\addon\error_handling.py", line 29, in wrapper result = func(*args, **kwargs) File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\twitch_addon\router.py", line 157, in _play play.route(twitch_api, seek_time, channel_id, video_id, slug, ask, use_player, quality, channel_name) File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\twitch_addon\routes\play.py", line 116, in route videos = api.get_live(name) File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\twitch_addon\addon\error_handling.py", line 80, in wrapper result = func(*args, **kwargs) File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\twitch_addon\addon\common\cache.py", line 104, in memoizer result = func(*args, **kwargs) File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.twitch\resources\lib\twitch_addon\addon\api.py", line 325, in get_live results = self.usher.live(name) File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.python.twitch\resources\lib\twitch\parser.py", line 51, in m3u8_wrapper results = results.decode('utf-8') AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'decode' -->End of Python script error report<--]

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - atlantius21 - 2019-11-12

Please fix this.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - kurai - 2019-11-12

(2019-11-12, 10:41)atlantius21 Wrote: Please fix this.
Please read this.

Literally ONE post before yours.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Nopc - 2019-11-13

(2019-11-12, 18:17)kurai Wrote:
(2019-11-12, 10:41)atlantius21 Wrote: Please fix this.
Please read this.

Literally ONE post before yours.

How do I do that without computers? I've only s twitch account, mobile phone and raspberries board without keyboards and mices

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - DjDiabolik - 2019-11-14

I literally read this comment:
https://github.com/MrSprigster/Twitch-on-Kodi/issues/461#issuecomment-552670340

probably the best solution now to back this addons working right ? So this addons will be impossible to use without a valid twitch account ? From right now we need also to regged on twitch also it's already appen on youtube addons ?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - osen - 2019-11-15

(2019-11-14, 13:52)DjDiabolik Wrote: I literally read this comment:
https://github.com/MrSprigster/Twitch-on-Kodi/issues/461#issuecomment-552670340

probably the best solution now to back this addons working right ? So this addons will be impossible to use without a valid twitch account ? From right now we need also to regged on twitch also it's already appen on youtube addons ?

It's the only workaround for now, yes. No, a Twitch account is not necessary, you can just use the Twitch client ID with no oauth (just tested this). The web oauth is only necessary for those who had previously generated a token within the add-on to gain access to followed channels and such. There's no real downside to doing this AFAIK, but Twitch can probably shut down this client ID as well without any warning so only time can tell if it will continue to work. It's clear that they don't like the use of this API endpoint but there's no alternative.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - lococola - 2019-11-15

The workaround worked for me for all of about 4 minutes. Then it started to have the same issues again, i.e. thinking about it for 20 seconds and then showing a generic error.
Worse, now I can't open any stream no matter what I do. I verified I'm using the master oauth_clientid and my own token key, updated Twitch to latest version, rebooted the Pie, etc. I keep getting errors now :'(

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - lordairivis - 2019-11-16

this workaround did not work for me, it just sent my installation into a bootloop and eventually into safe mode on the latest LibreElec stable (9.0.2) which is based on 18.2.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - osen - 2019-11-16

(2019-11-15, 22:18)lococola Wrote: The workaround worked for me for all of about 4 minutes. Then it started to have the same issues again, i.e. thinking about it for 20 seconds and then showing a generic error.
Worse, now I can't open any stream no matter what I do. I verified I'm using the master oauth_clientid and my own token key, updated Twitch to latest version, rebooted the Pie, etc. I keep getting errors now :'(

Weird, works fine for me. Never hanged for 20 seconds though, the error was instant. Have you tried enabled debugging to check if you still get the same API error? Have you made 100% sure there are no typos in the client ID? If you did the input manually that is. Also with "master" client ID you mean the Twitch client ID ( kimne78kx3ncx6brgo4mv6wki5h1ko ) right? AFAIK there's no reports of Twitch blocking their own client ID. If nothing else works just delete the custom client ID under developer settings again which will go back to using the add-on's client ID and revert back to the add-on generated user oauth token. It will still work sometimes, but blocked periodically.
(2019-11-16, 00:53)lordairivis Wrote: this workaround did not work for me, it just sent my installation into a bootloop and eventually into safe mode on the latest LibreElec stable (9.0.2) which is based on 18.2.
No idea what would cause that, sorry. I'm on LibreElec 9.1.501 (Kodi 18.4) and Twitch add-on version 2.4.4 and works fine for me.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - ExGemini - 2019-11-18

I can say that using the github method by using the Twich ID key, doesn't work, at laest for me.
Kodi gives me a
OAuth Toke:
Client id mismatch
Press Ok to resolve.

if I remove my token, it works, but ofcourse I don't have my challens and my stuff.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - SimonC - 2019-11-18

(2019-11-18, 01:21)ExGemini Wrote: I can say that using the github method by using the Twich ID key, doesn't work, at laest for me.
Kodi gives me a
OAuth Toke:
Client id mismatch
Press Ok to resolve.

if I remove my token, it works, but ofcourse I don't have my challens and my stuff.
Same here, see post below.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - SimonC - 2019-11-18

Similar issue but I can't get any streams to play.  Working fine for months and a couple of days ago I just started getting errors every time I started a stream.  The following log shows clean install with no OAuth Token and then with it enabled. 

https://pastebin.com/JJKcH9qQ