Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv (/showthread.php?tid=134538)

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Rogi - 2013-04-09

As of yesterday evening every single stream you follow is being displayed, live or not. My guess twitch changed something in their api.

Great addon, use it all the time. If im not watching a serie or movie im watching twitch. Looking forward to be able to browse archived casts soon. Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Middle - 2013-04-09

(2013-04-09, 01:53)anarckie Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 20:06)Middle Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 04:08)anarckie Wrote: Agreed - I do this by accident occasionally and it can be frustrating.

Can you add a context menu item to view archives? The justin.tv plugin does it.

Im trying to add video archives, but twitch api they have only a featured called highlights,
wich is only some highlights that streamer mark in their videos archives.
i'll figure out a way to deal with it.

Does this help: https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/issues/55
https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/blob/master/v2_resources/videos.md#get-channelschannelvideos

Thx for the link, but im already aware about it and working on it. (slowness)

(2013-04-09, 16:20)Rogi Wrote: As of yesterday evening every single stream you follow is being displayed, live or not. My guess twitch changed something in their api.

Great addon, use it all the time. If im not watching a serie or movie im watching twitch. Looking forward to be able to browse archived casts soon. Thanks

Justin.tv are no longer supporting games,
they are slowing transferring to twitch api, so it is expected that some plugin parts broke due using justin.tv api.

i will wait things cold a bit, so i can work with new api.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - FlameCRO - 2013-04-10

Twitch stopped working since the last update, had some update yesterday, maybe its from few days back, but since that patch, its not working anymore.
Any help?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Middle - 2013-04-10

(2013-04-10, 16:49)FlameCRO Wrote: Twitch stopped working since the last update, had some update yesterday, maybe its from few days back, but since that patch, its not working anymore.
Any help?

Try this version

see if it works

Edit: removed the download link. new version posted.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - FlameCRO - 2013-04-11

Well that works, it will work, but how do i prevent the automatic update?? it automatically updates to 1.2.6 from 1.2.2

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Middle - 2013-04-11

(2013-04-11, 15:17)FlameCRO Wrote: Well that works, it will work, but how do i prevent the automatic update?? it automatically updates to 1.2.6 from 1.2.2

do not overwrite addon.xml keep the updated one.
this is just a workaround for you use now,
im planning to release another working version with watch archives support (a temporally version)
so i can start work on the StateOfTheArt official version and help him out.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - vi6s - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-11, 17:02)Middle Wrote:
(2013-04-11, 15:17)FlameCRO Wrote: Well that works, it will work, but how do i prevent the automatic update?? it automatically updates to 1.2.6 from 1.2.2

do not overwrite addon.xml keep the updated one.
this is just a workaround for you use now,
im planning to release another working version with watch archives support (a temporally version)
so i can start work on the StateOfTheArt official version and help him out.

Hello,

The twitch addon you posted in the earlier thread works for me. However, like the other user mention, it will auto update to 0.2.6, so I have to turn off auto update on XBMC. I will wait for a new working official version.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - vi6s - 2013-04-12

EDIT: there is a video bug if you play the stream at 720p. The video lags behind the audio and audio stutter once in a while.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Middle - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-12, 13:03)vi6s Wrote: EDIT: there is a video bug if you play the stream at 720p. The video lags behind the audio and audio stutter once in a while.

I don't think this has anything to do with the plugin,
the plugin only lists and point xbmc to where the streams and videos are.
all the playback is done by xbmc, so must be something in your specs.
Try using Hardware acceleration in xbmc video options if you have it unchecked.

btw 720p plays fine for me no problem at all, unless my connection is having high traffic or something.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - max_gradient - 2013-04-13

Middle, you Sir, are a genius.

Not only does the version you provided allow me to watch the streams again, it has also fixed an issue that has annoyed me for months with the StateOfTheArt version (stream playback starts but a dialog box appears on top of stream telling me that stream playback could not start every 2nd time I start a stream - doh!).

Nice work, thank you so much!

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - grnt - 2013-04-16

I have problems with Twitch (have for some time) through the app where I click on something to watch, the little dialogue box pops up that says "opening stream" then it does nothing and just sits there and I can't watch anything. Have I done something wrong? I'm running the latest build of XBMC and other video apps are working just fine Confused

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - d0m1nation - 2013-04-19

Can't play anything with the twitch video plugin.
Press the stream and nothing happens, occasionally a pop up appears cannot play stream check log.

Tried the zip in the previous post but its all the same.

Have also tried to update the librtmp file (downloaded a compiled version and replaced it with my old one in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu)

Code:
17:37:48 T:140020710319872  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/playLive/riotgames/" matches rule for function "playLive"
17:37:49 T:140021100033920   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playLive/riotgames/]
17:37:49 T:140019549333248  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Username2045 - 2013-04-19

I have the same issue, it used to work great, but now it just crashes when I open a stream.

I can hear the audio for a few seconds as it freezes, but there's never a picture showing.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Middle - 2013-04-20

(2013-04-13, 22:03)max_gradient Wrote: Middle, you Sir, are a genius.

Not only does the version you provided allow me to watch the streams again, it has also fixed an issue that has annoyed me for months with the StateOfTheArt version (stream playback starts but a dialog box appears on top of stream telling me that stream playback could not start every 2nd time I start a stream - doh!).

Nice work, thank you so much!

Thx man, but i do not take so much credit for it,
all credits goes to StateOfTheArt, i just did a couple fixes on an old version.
StateOfTheArt rewrite the entire plugin (official repo version), sadly he has little time to fix it.

(2013-04-16, 11:51)grnt Wrote: I have problems with Twitch (have for some time) through the app where I click on something to watch, the little dialogue box pops up that says "opening stream" then it does nothing and just sits there and I can't watch anything. Have I done something wrong? I'm running the latest build of XBMC and other video apps are working just fine Confused

Need debug log to find the problem.

(2013-04-19, 16:55)d0m1nation Wrote: Can't play anything with the twitch video plugin.
Press the stream and nothing happens, occasionally a pop up appears cannot play stream check log.

Tried the zip in the previous post but its all the same.

Have also tried to update the librtmp file (downloaded a compiled version and replaced it with my old one in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu)

Code:
17:37:48 T:140020710319872  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/playLive/riotgames/" matches rule for function "playLive"
17:37:49 T:140021100033920   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playLive/riotgames/]
17:37:49 T:140019549333248  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

Nothing i can do about it without debug log, this little snippet you post i can see you are using StateOfTheArt version (repo version) and it has some issues, unfortunately i cant fix it right now.

(2013-04-19, 17:56)Username2045 Wrote: I have the same issue, it used to work great, but now it just crashes when I open a stream.

I can hear the audio for a few seconds as it freezes, but there's never a picture showing.

Need debug log to find the problem.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Middle - 2013-04-20

Since many ppl are having some trouble with the plugin from official repo
and i did some fixes in a old version.
I decide to make this version independent,
so will not be affected by repo and keep updating.

I also add channel archives support
this feature is available in streams context menu [C] key in stream view.

This is working quite well,
and you can use it until a new version come out from StateOfTheArt.

REMOVED LINK

Depricated Version

Cheers