Kodi Community Forum
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread (/showthread.php?tid=137540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - thrak76 - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-18, 14:14)QuizKid Wrote: How does it look when there is no tagline for a movie? Quite a few don't have official taglines at least...

Also, an unfortunate consequence of this view (which is awesome) is that you realise how hard it is to find decent high-res fanart for A LOT of films!!

Add a tag in the .nfo if there isn't one. Check themoviedb or imdb for taglines. Try using XWMM for an easy to get at your database.

You can't find hi-res art? I don't think any of my videos lack hi-res art. Head over to fanart.tv, themoviedb.org, or (if you can't find one) google search and submit one of your own to one of those previously mentioned sites.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-18, 16:36)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-08-18, 14:14)QuizKid Wrote: How does it look when there is no tagline for a movie? Quite a few don't have official taglines at least...

Also, an unfortunate consequence of this view (which is awesome) is that you realise how hard it is to find decent high-res fanart for A LOT of films!!

Add a tag in the .nfo if there isn't one. Check themoviedb or imdb for taglines. Try using XWMM for an easy to get at your database.

You can't find hi-res art? I don't think any of my videos lack hi-res art. Head over to fanart.tv, themoviedb.org, or (if you can't find one) google search and submit one of your own to one of those previously mentioned sites.

Alternatively, make your own. I did for quite a few and they worked out great. If you get stuck for inspiration, check the trailer or pick a famous quote from the movie. Was going to start a thread for missing taglines but decided against it. Incidentally, if there is no tagline, an animation has been added to remove the gradient and the top of the screen becomes clear. Smile

If you cant find decent art for a particular movie just make your own with a decent screen grab. With a little bit of ingenuity you can get some great ones. If you do, be sure to upload them at fanart.tv. Wink

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - realcopacetic - 2012-08-18

Cool, I'd rather not have one if there isn't an official one, especially as with some films I think it's almost better without one - so it's cool that the gradient becomes clear if there's no tagline present.

Re. the art yeah I know what you're saying but for some obscure stuff it's difficult to get good-looking stuff at high-res, especially if it's not out on bluray

Anyway thanks for all the work - view looks really good

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - kitsunegari - 2012-08-19

Really nice episode view that Shinu. Wouldn't mind that myself!

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Kokonutcreme - 2012-08-21

Hi I posted this question a while back and didn't receive a response as yet. Can someone please instruct me in how to edit the relevant xml file to change the default focus button of the OSD from Download subtitles to Pause instead?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Nox 3.0 Modding Thread - bsoriano - 2012-08-21

(2012-06-06, 01:37)Shinu Wrote: OK, the problem was naming the files seasonX-landscape.jpg instead of seasonXX-landscape.jpg. got them to work. i'm not using the nightly build. the flicker only appears when there's no landscape file in the Landscape viewtype. not a big deal though. thanks a mil for the help CutSickAss. i really appreciate it. i'll post the final files later.

Shinu,

Could you please post the final files? I really like your Episode and Seasons views. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-21

(2012-08-17, 23:01)defluo Wrote: My original numbers were correct, not sure why yours isn't working. It works for me

Ignore previous post, found the problem Big Grin

Firstly the location of the ratings flag was slightly off:

Code:
<texture fallback="flags/rating/info/MPAA_NR_Certificate_US.png">$VAR[RatingFlagVar,flags/rating/info/,.png]</texture>

Also, in this piece of code:

Code:
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(512) + !Skin.HasTheme(Lite_Floor) </visible>

the "Lite_Floor" part of the code was preventing the ratings flag being visible. Fault on my part for not checking thoroughly. Now it works, great bit of coding defluo Wink

Now just need to make a new gradient and we're there. Big Grin

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - defluo - 2012-08-21

I do need to update my GIT to be fair. Think I'm a coupla weeks behind

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Shinu - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-19, 15:37)kitsunegari Wrote: Really nice episode view that Shinu. Wouldn't mind that myself!

(2012-08-21, 18:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2012-06-06, 01:37)Shinu Wrote: OK, the problem was naming the files seasonX-landscape.jpg instead of seasonXX-landscape.jpg. got them to work. i'm not using the nightly build. the flicker only appears when there's no landscape file in the Landscape viewtype. not a big deal though. thanks a mil for the help CutSickAss. i really appreciate it. i'll post the final files later.

Shinu,

Could you please post the final files? I really like your Episode and Seasons views. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

only now seeing these posts. i completely forgot to post them. check post 1 for the link. Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Deano316 - 2012-08-22

I figured seeing as I'm more or less done I'd post the .xmls for you all to try. The view is still not finished as the new gradient for the tagline isn't done yet, but you can still enjoy the view and play around with it to see what you think. The only things I haven't posted is the font I used which is not included with Nox. It's called Univers 59 Ultra Condensed and it's not free to use. How you source it is up to you. Although, you can use any font you like as long as you place the it in the font folder of Nox, and edit line 259 of the font.xml. Insert the name of your font here and it will work fine. I've also not included the code for removing the tooltip, as it doesnt bother everyone. If you need to know what to do please post below and I'd be happy to oblige.

So enough talk, here you go:

Font.xml: http://pastebin.com/Wsu2MadU
Includes_MediaFlags.xml: http://pastebin.com/rz3fjHsw
Includes_MediaMenu.xml: http://pastebin.com/yBPjUze8
Includes_Viewtypes.xml: http://pastebin.com/8miFAYa4
Viewtype_Landscape.xml: http://pastebin.com/ubmdRCY5

It's just a case of copying these and pasting them over the top of the existing .xmls in Nox-1080i. If you do it correctly it should look something like the pics below:

Here's one with no tagline. An animation has now been added which removes the dark gradient when no tagline is present:

Let me know thoughts and impressions below, it's nice to know where we're going right or wrong. Do you like it? Do you hate it? Criticism and input welcome as always. Big Grin

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - Shinu - 2012-08-22

looks great, but tbh the larger rating flag sort of throws things off balance. it makes the logo not look centered. may want to play around with swapping the studio logo and rating positions.

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - defluo - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-22, 06:47)Shinu Wrote: looks great, but tbh the larger rating flag sort of throws things off balance. it makes the logo not look centered. may want to play around with swapping the studio logo and rating positions.

agree with that. I kept looking at the tagline to see if the logo was actually centered

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - thrak76 - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-22, 08:33)defluo Wrote:
(2012-08-22, 06:47)Shinu Wrote: looks great, but tbh the larger rating flag sort of throws things off balance. it makes the logo not look centered. may want to play around with swapping the studio logo and rating positions.

agree with that. I kept looking at the tagline to see if the logo was actually centered

I don't mind the larger rating flag, but I do think it needs a little adjustment to the left.

Looks great otherwise, Deano, and I'm happy to hear that the tagline gradient isn't finished (so I'll leave that alone!).

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - customx86 - 2012-08-22

I was hoping some of you guys could help me out?

I'm using this view for my TV Shows with the "use alt floor" option selected and it looks great.

Is there any way to turn the "alt floor" option on for this view for the seasons level?
So its a nice transition between TV show and the seasons.

Any help will be appreciated Big Grin

RE: Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread - JohnVee - 2012-08-22

Great work Deano!

The more I see your screenshots with the lower gradient on the bottom, the more I like it Nod You can see much more of the fanart and thats a plus.
Having the logo down at the bottom was a huge improvement as well, glad that got Implemented and great work on that too!

My opinion about the rating flag is that I really like the smaller one that's there now. It's about the same size as the other three icons, and I think it all balances out perfectly.
Again, that's just my opinion, and hope it doesn't offend...

Looking forward to seeing your finished tagline gradient. Looks as though you're just about there.

Keep up the great work!

@customx86:

I agree and have thought the same as you. My view types are a little different though. I use single logo view for TV shows, landscape view for seasons, and landscape view for episodes. Showcase view is used for seasons that don't have landscape art yet.
Would be nice to have the alt floor option available in those views so it all flows in nicely together.