Kodi Community Forum
Release [BETA] metroTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release [BETA] metroTV (/showthread.php?tid=138997)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - microuser - 2013-08-27

I agree with previous post, this skin is amazing, very clean and nice.

I have a feature request that I don't know if it is possible to have, but I would enjoy it very much.

Is it possible to have, near the date fields, the total disk size and the used disk size? I know that this info is already available in the settings, but I would enjoy to have that info directly on main screen.

Maybe a option to enable/disable this info could be added. And the info could be in a small text size, right bellow the date&time information...

Either way, continue with the good job.

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - ZexisStryfe - 2013-08-27

(2013-08-27, 00:02)relyter Wrote: I think latest Gotham monthly allows to do it without creating copy for each scheme as it has colordiffuse applicable for each texture. Here.

Correct. Gotham will support this feature and once it comes out I will be switching these over to do that.

(2013-08-27, 00:57)rod.john01 Wrote: Best freaking skin so far that I have tried. I have tried most skins and this one is super clean and cohesive through out.

I have found a couple of bugs, not sure if they have been mentioned or not.

1. Movies on home screen won't allow 'Recently added' panel. Basically nothing appears, just blank underneath title - 'Recently Added'

2. When playing music you cant control Play and Stop buttons with the keyboard, you can only control them with the mouse. I use a wireless xbox controller to control everything, so if the keyboard wont work with something, neither will the xbox controller. So i have to get up and move the mouse to access the play and stop buttons.

Thank you for all your work on this skin, its awesome!

Thank you Rod! Regarding your bugs-

1.) Do you have the Skin.Widgets addon installed? I haven't had this problem with any of my media boxes.
2.) I am aware of this and will fix it for Alpha 4.1.

(2013-08-27, 01:38)microuser Wrote: I have a feature request that I don't know if it is possible to have, but I would enjoy it very much.

Is it possible to have, near the date fields, the total disk size and the used disk size? I know that this info is already available in the settings, but I would enjoy to have that info directly on main screen.

Maybe a option to enable/disable this info could be added. And the info could be in a small text size, right bellow the date&time information...

Thanks for the kind words. Regarding your feature request, let me understand what you are looking for- you want the total and used disk size of the media server on the home screen, correct?

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - relyter - 2013-08-28

1. "file mode" button in Movie/TvShow doesn't work. At least not like i expect it. In music "file mode" open list of sources, but in movies after clicking it debug info still show that current position is videodb://1/2/
2. It's possible to leave settings/power window only with Back or S. But it's would be very convinient to be able to go Home with Up/Down.
3. And some general navigation thought. When you click menu entries like Movies/Music, selection is just jumps to "main" title, than you have to click again to actually see the library. What do you think about - clicking "Moves" sending straight to movies library?
4. Not sure if "last fm love/hate" still supported on Frodo
5. Clicking Playlist in music fullscreen shows empty screen.

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - Smobbo - 2013-08-28

This looks great, very nice development from Treejammer's original start Smile!

Will you add the skin to the development repo when you hit 0.4.1? It makes it easy to keep it up to date on devices which are a bit harder to reach (for example, the Raspberry Pi is reached through another computer).

Will try it out this weekend Big Grin

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - ZexisStryfe - 2013-08-28

(2013-08-28, 11:08)relyter Wrote: 1. "file mode" button in Movie/TvShow doesn't work. At least not like i expect it. In music "file mode" open list of sources, but in movies after clicking it debug info still show that current position is videodb://1/2/ I will look into this, however this control is managed by the system I believe.
2. It's possible to leave settings/power window only with Back or S. But it's would be very convinient to be able to go Home with Up/Down. I believe so. I will add to 4.1
3. And some general navigation thought. When you click menu entries like Movies/Music, selection is just jumps to "main" title, than you have to click again to actually see the library. What do you think about - clicking "Moves" sending straight to movies library? I am not quite sure what you are referring to here. When I click Movies or Music on the home screen, I go right into the library.
4. Not sure if "last fm love/hate" still supported on Frodo I don't believe so either Wink
5. Clicking Playlist in music fullscreen shows empty screen. I will look at this.

(2013-08-28, 15:38)Smobbo Wrote: This looks great, very nice development from Treejammer's original start Smile!

Will you add the skin to the development repo when you hit 0.4.1? It makes it easy to keep it up to date on devices which are a bit harder to reach (for example, the Raspberry Pi is reached through another computer).

Will try it out this weekend Big Grin

Hey Smobbo,

This will be added to the Dev Repo with Beta (0.5.0).

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - relyter - 2013-08-29

(2013-08-28, 21:48)ZexisStryfe Wrote: 1. "file mode" button in Movie/TvShow doesn't work. At least not like i expect it. In music "file mode" open list of sources, but in movies after clicking it debug info still show that current position is videodb://1/2/ I will look into this, however this control is managed by the system I believe.
3. And some general navigation thought. When you click menu entries like Movies/Music, selection is just jumps to "main" title, than you have to click again to actually see the library. What do you think about - clicking "Moves" sending straight to movies library? I am not quite sure what you are referring to here. When I click Movies or Music on the home screen, I go right into the library.

Yeah, now i remember. There was something wrong with this control. I didn't manage to get it work correctly, so i ended adding <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,files)</onclick> to "id=5" in 9000 menu. Seems like easiest things to do Smile

Hmmm, do i have different MetroTV? Smile When i click/press Enter on text label Movies on the left side of the screen focus moves to the group of the tiles and the "main" tile (2x1) become selected. Than i have to click once more on "main" tile to go to movie library. My point is to eliminate that second click and choosing "Movies" on Home menu send user straight to library.

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - microuser - 2013-08-29

(2013-08-27, 14:46)ZexisStryfe Wrote:
(2013-08-27, 01:38)microuser Wrote: I have a feature request that I don't know if it is possible to have, but I would enjoy it very much.

Thanks for the kind words. Regarding your feature request, let me understand what you are looking for- you want the total and used disk size of the media server on the home screen, correct?

Yes, exactly that.

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - ZexisStryfe - 2013-08-29

(2013-08-29, 10:37)relyter Wrote: Hmmm, do i have different MetroTV? Smile When i click/press Enter on text label Movies on the left side of the screen focus moves to the group of the tiles and the "main" tile (2x1) become selected. Than i have to click once more on "main" tile to go to movie library. My point is to eliminate that second click and choosing "Movies" on Home menu send user straight to library.

Oh okay, now I understand! That was actually requested way back during Alpha1. Originally it did exactly what you mentioned, but people were getting confused. I actually have something planned for the onclick on the labels, however I am not sure when I will be able to implement it. You actually don't have to hit enter twice, you can hit right and then enter Wink

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - Smobbo - 2013-08-29

(2013-08-29, 10:37)relyter Wrote: Hmmm, do i have different MetroTV? Smile When i click/press Enter on text label Movies on the left side of the screen focus moves to the group of the tiles and the "main" tile (2x1) become selected. Than i have to click once more on "main" tile to go to movie library. My point is to eliminate that second click and choosing "Movies" on Home menu send user straight to library.

I also think it is better to have just 1 click Smile

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - ZexisStryfe - 2013-08-31

A question for you guys as you mess around with the skin-

I have been playing around with the idea of moving away from the "all lowercase" model I currently use to the "all lowercase/all uppercase" model several of the other Metro style skins use. What does everyone think? Good idea or keep things as is?

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - locomot1f - 2013-08-31

getting dependencies not met -- on the latest alpha.4 version.

and i like the lower case. :-)

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - relyter - 2013-08-31

(2013-08-31, 15:36)ZexisStryfe Wrote: A question for you guys as you mess around with the skin-

I have been playing around with the idea of moving away from the "all lowercase" model I currently use to the "all lowercase/all uppercase" model several of the other Metro style skins use. What does everyone think? Good idea or keep things as is?

Screenshot would be nice.

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - ZexisStryfe - 2013-08-31

(2013-08-31, 20:11)locomot1f Wrote: getting dependencies not met -- on the latest alpha.4 version.

and i like the lower case. :-)

Just unzip the file into the Addons directory under XMBC.

(2013-08-31, 20:24)relyter Wrote: Screenshot would be nice.

I don't have any screenshots as the question was just a hypothetical, however if you look at the screenshots of XMBC Immersive or z-box (particularly the info screen screenshot) you can see what I mean.

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - relyter - 2013-08-31

(2013-08-31, 20:56)ZexisStryfe Wrote: I don't have any screenshots as the question was just a hypothetical, however if you look at the screenshots of XMBC Immersive or z-box (particularly the info screen screenshot) you can see what I mean.

(2013-08-30, 10:59)butchabay Wrote: Dark with blue colors:

nocaps on home screen are pretty good including those small ALLCAPS in lower right. But i absolutely don't like fonts on info screen. That ALLCAPS info block is hardly readable (but it constantly catch a sight, since it's caps (i.e. "attention here") and plot with sentences, but without caps is weird.

RE: [ALPHA4 Release] metroTV - ZexisStryfe - 2013-09-01

Alright guys, I have most of the reported bugs resolved. If you have anything else to report, now would be the time!