• 17(current)
Release [BETA] metroTV
My request is a good performance on low level hardware like RPi. Current version with turned off animation is pretty fast, please don't loose it. Now RPi users are really limited with a skin choice.
(2013-08-05, 17:05)bandelguy Wrote: cdarts and logos for artists , movies and tv shows

I agree. This is something I want to see.
There is already support for TVshow logos and that will be extended for Artists and Movies.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

is it 1080p?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(2013-08-06, 02:43)ZexisStryfe Wrote: There is already support for TVshow logos and that will be extended for Artists and Movies.

Thank you. This is what I wanted.
(2013-08-06, 14:07)bandelguy Wrote: is it 1080p?

The skin is 720, not 1080. This is largely to reduce the size of the skin. However, since the skin doesn't have any crazy textures you shouldn't have any issues when it upscales to 1080p (I use it on a 60inch 1080p TV with no visible issues). This is pretty common for XBMC skins.

metroTV Alpha 4.0 is now online.

I really must ask everyone to be very diligent about this release. I recoded just about everything, so I am sure there are to be tons of bugs. Please let me know and I will release an interim release to fix them (Alpha4.1).

Thanks and enjoy your PVR functionality!

When I go to install the zip it tells me dependencies are not met, but I have all the addons installed that are listed on page one.
(2013-08-25, 19:38)Dec64 Wrote: When I go to install the zip it tells me dependencies are not met, but I have all the addons installed that are listed on page one.

This is a bug that pops up from time to time. Just unzip the folder and put it in the add-ons directory in your xbmc folder.

I've been waiting for this. Thank you. Gonna use for a few days to see how it feels. Smile

Few thing i already noticed:
- "upper folder" (if enabled in xbmc settings ) icon in movies has "movie collection" overlay. And "Play" overlay.
- time and date overlaps on home screen, also in library on top right overlay which appears when bottom options menu is visible .
- in previous version there was much more stuff is system menu. File manager for example (which now is only availible thru customizing tiles) and something else. Also icons was bigger, I like it better.
- In Panel view poster group possibly could be moved a little closer to fanart/info to make 4th column of posters fully visible.
- In all those extended customization possibility i missing simple "bind favorite to tile".
- It would be nice to have simple icons/thumbs view.
- Sometimes in showcase view movie trailer plays when no one asked it to.
- There's "next aired" info even when script is disabled in skin settings.
- In home customization TV shows has no "no panel" option.
- no navigation possible in music fullscreen menu
See below and thanks for the great feedback!

(2013-08-25, 22:14)relyter Wrote: I've been waiting for this. Thank you. Gonna use for a few days to see how it feels. Smile

Few thing i already noticed:
- "upper folder" (if enabled in xbmc settings ) icon in movies has "movie collection" overlay. And "Play" overlay. Thank you, I will resolve.
- time and date overlaps on home screen, also in library on top right overlay which appears when bottom options menu is visible . Are you using 24hr clock?
- in previous version there was much more stuff is system menu. File manager for example (which now is only availible thru customizing tiles) and something else. Also icons was bigger, I like it better. All of the missing items from the shutdown menu have been added to home screen in the form of custom tiles. I can add the option to add them back though.
- In Panel view poster group possibly could be moved a little closer to fanart/info to make 4th column of posters fully visible. Let me see what I can do.
- In all those extended customization possibility i missing simple "bind favorite to tile". This functionality will be in by Beta (0.5.0)
- It would be nice to have simple icons/thumbs view. This view will be in by Beta (0.5.0)
- Sometimes in showcase view movie trailer plays when no one asked it to. Let me look into this.
- There's "next aired" info even when script is disabled in skin settings. Not quite sure what you mean by this.
- In home customization TV shows has no "no panel" option. This is a bug. Turn on the Next Aired script and the No Panel option will appear. Will resolve in Alpha4.1
- no navigation possible in music fullscreen menu Will resolve in Alpha4.1

(2013-08-26, 02:44)ZexisStryfe Wrote: See below and thanks for the great feedback!

(2013-08-25, 22:14)relyter Wrote: ...
1. time and date overlaps on home screen, also in library on top right overlay which appears when bottom options menu is visible . Are you using 24hr clock?
2. There's "next aired" info even when script is disabled in skin settings. Not quite sure what you mean by this.
1. yes
2. "settings-pesonalize-scripts-next aired" is turned off. But next episode premiere date/time is still visible in tv shows.
3. In 16x9 movie info is removed from the screen way too fast. I never managed read even half Smile Do a cycle with a plot? Or even better, show it both at the same time. There's more than enough space at the bottom.
4. In fanart poster border is black. I guess it show be according to skin color scheme?
5. In fanart "onleft" leading to whereHuh
6. In episodes dialog view watched OL is a little misaligned.
7. In many views word "Plot" remaining on the screen when selection is on "upper folder"
8. In video files there's a choice fanart/list view, but it's impossible to switch to fanart.
9. When i open Home-Addons-All addons it opens OK. But if i go Settings ->Addons, addons managenent window is just empty, i have to press Backspace and content (i.e. Disabled/Enabled/Get/Install from zip) appears.
10 In video OSD, first letter of "previous" isn't visible. Also it would be nice to have osd selected icon to be colored according to the currect scheme. Now with all black and white it is a little dull.
11. In subtitles download window "addon settings" ignores color cheme.
12. I think something wrong with "music files tile" It opens empty window with a few graphic overlays.
Keep 'em comin! Wink

(2013-08-26, 13:07)relyter Wrote: 1. yes Okay. let me look into that.
2. "settings-pesonalize-scripts-next aired" is turned off. But next episode premiere date/time is still visible in tv shows. Will fix in Alpha4.1
3. In 16x9 movie info is removed from the screen way too fast. I never managed read even half Smile Do a cycle with a plot? Or even better, show it both at the same time. There's more than enough space at the bottom. Will look into this
4. In fanart poster border is black. I guess it show be according to skin color scheme? This was a request of previous users- it is actually gray Wink
5. In fanart "onleft" leading to whereHuh Scrollbar.
6. In episodes dialog view watched OL is a little misaligned. Will look into this
7. In many views word "Plot" remaining on the screen when selection is on "upper folder" I hide the upper folder item, so I will look into this
8. In video files there's a choice fanart/list view, but it's impossible to switch to fanart. Will look into this
9. When i open Home-Addons-All addons it opens OK. But if i go Settings ->Addons, addons managenent window is just empty, i have to press Backspace and content (i.e. Disabled/Enabled/Get/Install from zip) appears. I just found this myself and will fix in Alpha4.1
10 In video OSD, first letter of "previous" isn't visible. Also it would be nice to have osd selected icon to be colored according to the currect scheme. Now with all black and white it is a little dull. Will fix previous issue. The fact that it isn't colored is necessary to keep the skin small. ie- a colored icon means I need a copy for each theme.
11. In subtitles download window "addon settings" ignores color scheme. Will look into this
12. I think something wrong with "music files tile" It opens empty window with a few graphic overlays. Will look into this

(2013-08-26, 23:38)ZexisStryfe Wrote: 10 In video OSD, first letter of "previous" isn't visible. Also it would be nice to have osd selected icon to be colored according to the currect scheme. Now with all black and white it is a little dull. Will fix previous issue. The fact that it isn't colored is necessary to keep the skin small. ie- a colored icon means I need a copy for each theme.
I think latest Gotham monthly allows to do it without creating copy for each scheme as it has colordiffuse applicable for each texture. Here.
Best freaking skin so far that I have tried. I have tried most skins and this one is super clean and cohesive through out.

I have found a couple of bugs, not sure if they have been mentioned or not.

1. Movies on home screen won't allow 'Recently added' panel. Basically nothing appears, just blank underneath title - 'Recently Added'

2. When playing music you cant control Play and Stop buttons with the keyboard, you can only control them with the mouse. I use a wireless xbox controller to control everything, so if the keyboard wont work with something, neither will the xbox controller. So i have to get up and move the mouse to access the play and stop buttons.

Thank you for all your work on this skin, its awesome!
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] metroTV23