Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Xperience1080++ - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Xperience1080++ (/showthread.php?tid=165481)

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - im85288 - 2013-10-01

(2013-09-30, 19:05)besmarques Wrote: Bug.

I found a bug.

When you're using the panel (carousel) view if you try to choose new art for the movie the art+menu and the synopsis stay on top of the art menu where you're trying to choose the new art

Thank you for the report, I will take a look into it to see what is going on there

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - slashr - 2013-10-01

http://i.imgur.com/oJPnPQY.jpg (for zooming in but yeah the text for the info is all black instead of white)

That happens in wall mode for both TV and Movies (yeah wrong art due to not letting the images load up on windows since i don't use xbmc there)

The other artwork downloader being black text i meant when it finishes downloading things it will place some text on the top right corner and it's in black so can't quite read it but i guess that's just how it's set in the art downloader.

Thanks Smile, will keep seeing if i see anything else but the biggest one is one i provided a screenshot for, this is running the the latest version of the skin.

(2013-09-25, 11:01)im85288 Wrote:
(2013-09-13, 06:43)slashr Wrote: Downloaded the latest version of the skin but there is still one thing with the white text, When artwork downloader is getting stuff or you send a noticification to xbmc it will display the text in black instead of white, so can never read what it says due to the color of backgrounds, hopefully you can look into that when you have the time Smile, thanks!

Hi, Can you post a screenshot of the white text on Artwork Downloader? When I gave it a try the text was black but on a white background..

Thanks for the screenshot I see what you mean now :-)

There has been some cool developments going on with the tvtunes addon where movie themes are now supported. I have now included this in this skin where the movie theme is played when you go to the information screen, update is on Xperience1080plusplus

You will need to install the latest version of tvtunes found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173799&page=8 (version 3.1.1 as of today), once installed configure it to get movie themes and then use it the same as normal to get the themes. It now supports various sound formats such as FLAC etc so big thumbs up to rob_webset for his developments Big Grin

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - besmarques - 2013-10-01

(2013-09-30, 17:46)besmarques Wrote: Other thing. I love the Panel(carousel) view. But i think it would be better if you could see a bit more of the library. Any solution for this?

Any solution about this or should i forget it?

Keep up the great job

(2013-10-01, 16:47)besmarques Wrote:
(2013-09-30, 17:46)besmarques Wrote: Other thing. I love the Panel(carousel) view. But i think it would be better if you could see a bit more of the library. Any solution for this?

Any solution about this or should i forget it?

Keep up the great job

No idea how it would be designed to see more of the library, do you have a proposed mockup in mind?

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - besmarques - 2013-10-01

I do. I don't know if it's possible because i don't really understand how the programming of this works.

Left it's the original view. On the right it's how i think it would look great.

I used the poster view to give you the example but theres a shelf view when you can see the blu ray/dvd cases. i think it would even look greater.

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - slashr - 2013-10-01

Oh yeah Panel posters also has the same black text as Panel Wall.

Found something else in info list the season thing gets cut off Sad.

http://i.imgur.com/v9kwUja.jpg (for zooming)

In the last image can see that the season poster isn't defective itself, it just gets cutt off in the info list.

Hopefully it's something that can be fixed, also seems like in the tv panel it still has the white around the unwatched things etc unlike in movies.

Thanks

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - bbqbob - 2013-10-02

Is there some trick to installing this skin? I clicked on Download Zip from the github link on the prior page. Then, in XBMC, I went to Settings, Add-Ons, Install from Zip. Each time XMBC indicates "Add-on does not have the correct structure".

My PC is running OpenElec 3.2.0 64-bit generic with XBMC 12.2 Frodo.

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - slashr - 2013-10-02

Hi bbq you're probably doing the same thing as i was at first https://github.com/im85288/skin.xperience1080plusplus

Download the zip from there, there are 2 githubs on the first page one is from a version no longer mantained and it will give that error.

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - fantasticn - 2013-10-02

Hi im85288,

congratualitions. It seems that finally Xperience1080++ is getting the popularity it deserves - and with more users trying out the skin some remaining "bugs" are surfacing :-)

As to the suggested and already implemented changes:
I like the support of the new TVTunes-Addon with the option to play movie themes, though there still seems to be now reliable way of automatically "scraping" for those themes. I will have a hard time to add those tunes manually to all my movies :-)
I also like the option of having rounded tiles. That seemed to fresh up the look a bit. However, as I tried them out I found them not actually being in line with the rest of the skin design. All other tiles (like the skin widgets and the menu windows) remain angled and I think that you will not be able to change all this. So I am gonna stay with the angled tiles as well to have a harmonical and constistent look of the skin.

As to adjusting the looks of some view types: As long as you do not alter the look of the coverwall (which I use for Movies and Music-Albums - it offers fast scrolling through my huge libraries) I am mostly fine with all changes for I do not use those other view types. Howver, I hope implementing more and more options does not negatively affect the overall performance of the skin.

If it comes to ideas for future development I already made some suggestions myself in this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165481&pid=1482451#pid1482451

I once again would like to bring up the suggestion of having like a small and streamlined version oth the skin designed for low-cpu and low-gpu PCs that are becoming more and more popular these days (like the Raspberry PI and the growing variety of Android based media-systems). It should decrease the usage of power consuming effects (like the animated skin widgets) and offer fast view types (e.g. option to not show fanarts in certain views etc.). Maybe it could be easily done by only "kicking out" certain things and offering it as a separate download.

Keep up the good work. I am very excited about what comes next :-)

Brgds,

FantasticN

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - im85288 - 2013-10-02

(2013-10-01, 20:11)besmarques Wrote: I do. I don't know if it's possible because i don't really understand how the programming of this works.

Left it's the original view. On the right it's how i think it would look great.

I used the poster view to give you the example but theres a shelf view when you can see the blu ray/dvd cases. i think it would even look greater.

Very nice, It looks like something that can be done but it will not be a quick fix so to say...leave it with me though as I do like the look of it.

(2013-10-01, 22:57)slashr Wrote: Oh yeah Panel posters also has the same black text as Panel Wall.

Found something else in info list the season thing gets cut off Sad.

http://i.imgur.com/v9kwUja.jpg (for zooming)

In the last image can see that the season poster isn't defective itself, it just gets cutt off in the info list.

Hopefully it's something that can be fixed, also seems like in the tv panel it still has the white around the unwatched things etc unlike in movies.

Thanks

Thanks for the bug reports and especially screenshots :-) ..they should not take too long to fix. Quite a few bugs have been reported recently so I will give priority to them before new views etc

(2013-10-02, 08:07)fantasticn Wrote: Hi im85288,

congratualitions. It seems that finally Xperience1080++ is getting the popularity it deserves - and with more users trying out the skin some remaining "bugs" are surfacing :-)

As to the suggested and already implemented changes:
I like the support of the new TVTunes-Addon with the option to play movie themes, though there still seems to be now reliable way of automatically "scraping" for those themes. I will have a hard time to add those tunes manually to all my movies :-)
I also like the option of having rounded tiles. That seemed to fresh up the look a bit. However, as I tried them out I found them not actually being in line with the rest of the skin design. All other tiles (like the skin widgets and the menu windows) remain angled and I think that you will not be able to change all this. So I am gonna stay with the angled tiles as well to have a harmonical and constistent look of the skin.

As to adjusting the looks of some view types: As long as you do not alter the look of the coverwall (which I use for Movies and Music-Albums - it offers fast scrolling through my huge libraries) I am mostly fine with all changes for I do not use those other view types. Howver, I hope implementing more and more options does not negatively affect the overall performance of the skin.

If it comes to ideas for future development I already made some suggestions myself in this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165481&pid=1482451#pid1482451

I once again would like to bring up the suggestion of having like a small and streamlined version oth the skin designed for low-cpu and low-gpu PCs that are becoming more and more popular these days (like the Raspberry PI and the growing variety of Android based media-systems). It should decrease the usage of power consuming effects (like the animated skin widgets) and offer fast view types (e.g. option to not show fanarts in certain views etc.). Maybe it could be easily done by only "kicking out" certain things and offering it as a separate download.

Keep up the good work. I am very excited about what comes next :-)

Brgds,

FantasticN

Hi FantasticN, many thanks again for your compliments. With regards the new TvTunes addon, what I did was to just launch it (as you would for example Artwork Downloader) and then it scanned my whole library (TV and Movies) automatically getting exact matches and offering alternatives when it could not..this was quite a long process but a one-off thankfully. I just love the way it plays the famous Hakuna Matata lyrics when I look at the Info for the Lion King Movie :-)

Agree with what your saying about the rounded tiles, I was not sure if changing everything to rounded was worth it...my favourite part about them is actually having no border when navigating...there's probably room for improvement there but gives another option at least.

The view types is something I need to be careful with as everyone has there own particular favourite..but I will not alter the coverwall :-) Mostly I have found the performance increased quite a bit when I removed the media files...and with the most recent change for the rounded tiles..even though I added more image files the actual textures file included in the media file reduced in size by about 20mb..I can only think this was down to better compression when using the texture pack maker. So it should be even quicker than before.

Seems there are more suggestions coming for improvements/future developments so lets see where we go next! Personally, I am pretty excited about the new PrismCube http://www.prismcube.com/ though initial feedback says the machine is quite underpowered once it develops it would be an ideal solution for me as I still am not happy with the PVR implementation currently in XBMC specifically with the VU backed.

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - besmarques - 2013-10-02

Very nice, It looks like something that can be done but it will not be a quick fix so to say...leave it with me though as I do like the look of it.

Of course i will not hurry you. Take your time and do has you want. I'm just giving an idea. If i think of something that would look better i will present it to you. Use it if you like it.

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - besmarques - 2013-10-02

Do you think this is possible on the list(banner) view?

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - bbqbob - 2013-10-03

(2013-10-02, 04:58)slashr Wrote: Hi bbq you're probably doing the same thing as i was at first https://github.com/im85288/skin.xperience1080plusplus

Download the zip from there, there are 2 githubs on the first page one is from a version no longer mantained and it will give that error.

Thanks - that helped. For some strange reason, it would not install from my samba network share and I had to install from a USB drive.

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - bbqbob - 2013-10-03

I really like this skin. Thanks for your work on it.

I also encountered the same issue on the prior page in which the movie information text covers up the art work choices when using Choose Art.

There is also an issue that occurs when your are prompted for a username and password for Samba network drive. The dialog for username and password appears underneath the path browser dialog box, although user input does to the username and password dialog box. This also occurred in the latest released version of Black's Xperience1080 skin, but it has been corrected in the latest git tree version. This may give you a hint for the solution.

I been using "show less background" and the fanart view looks a bit odd. Normally, I like the background picture mostly dimmed with a heavy smoked glassed look to make it less distracting so I have been using the "show less background" setting. This does not look right when viewing the fanart though. This is the full screen fanart that shows up when you press left twice from the movie information page. It would be nice if all of the fan art was shown regardless of the "show more background" and "show less background" settings. I guess this is more of a minor feature request than a bug.