Kodi Community Forum
Release Internet Archive - archive.org - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Internet Archive - archive.org (/showthread.php?tid=180623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - barney63 - 2021-09-06

I use the default skin, it works and looks fine.  I get an error when I try to search video professor.  Does it have an issue searching two or more words.  I couldn't open a couple of videos (got an error) but I clicked on so many titles I can't remember what they were.  Possibly it was an IA issue and not the addon.

Would it be possible to have a setting to put the menus (and their contents) in alphabetical order, thanks again

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - gujal - 2021-09-06

(2021-09-06, 08:04)barney63 Wrote: I use the default skin, it works and looks fine.  I get an error when I try to search video professor.  Does it have an issue searching two or more words.  I couldn't open a couple of videos (got an error) but I clicked on so many titles I can't remember what they were.  Possibly it was an IA issue and not the addon.

Would it be possible to have a setting to put the menus (and their contents) in alphabetical order, thanks again
Looking at the code, yes it cannot handle spaces in search term, it is an existing bug, not a new one from my conversion.
It is easily fixed by replacing line 483 in addon.py with this line
Code:
url = 'https://archive.org/search.php?query=%28' + urllib_parse.quote_plus(search) + '%29%20AND%20mediatype%3A%28movies%29&page=1'

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - Eye in the sky - 2021-09-06

(2021-09-06, 02:38)MetalChris Wrote:
(2021-08-29, 09:18)Eye in the sky Wrote: +1

@NoTanFightFan @AntiPontifex @barney63

I've installed Matrix on one of my systems and have begun working on an updated version of the IA Video add-on. As I've stepped away from add-on development for over a year, it took me about 3 hours just to get some basic functionality from the Video version. I need to get further acclimated with Python 3, but hopefully I'll have a beta version for Matrix available in a few days.

Anyone interested in an IA Audio version for Matrix will have to wait until after I get the Video version running to my satisfaction.

Welcome back, looking forward to updated versions of your add-ons.

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - MetalChris - 2021-09-06

(2021-09-06, 05:13)gujal Wrote:
(2021-09-06, 02:38)MetalChris Wrote: I've installed Matrix on one of my systems and have begun working on an updated version of the IA Video add-on. As I've stepped away from add-on development for over a year, it took me about 3 hours just to get some basic functionality from the Video version. I need to get further acclimated with Python 3, but hopefully I'll have a beta version for Matrix available in a few days.

Anyone interested in an IA Audio version for Matrix will have to wait until after I get the Video version running to my satisfaction.

@MetalChris 
Please find attached a zip which has the addon updated to run on Leia, Matrix and Nexus. (same zip will install and run in all three versions). There is no change to code logic, no optimizations, just syntax changes to make it functional on newer versions of Kodi.
You can use this as base for your conversions, or do it your own way Smile

@NoTanFightFan @AntiPontifex @barney63
You can test this if it works alright for you

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zxfwwck6nhdtw2w/plugin.video.internetarchive-3.2.1.zip/file

Nice! Thanks for sharing. I was working to rewrite most of the code from scratch, as my coding is pretty sloppy and could use some clean up anyway. This will definitely save me some time on the clean up.

(2021-09-06, 08:45)gujal Wrote:
(2021-09-06, 08:04)barney63 Wrote: I use the default skin, it works and looks fine.  I get an error when I try to search video professor.  Does it have an issue searching two or more words.  I couldn't open a couple of videos (got an error) but I clicked on so many titles I can't remember what they were.  Possibly it was an IA issue and not the addon.

Looking at the code, yes it cannot handle spaces in search term, it is an existing bug, not a new one from my conversion.
Code:
url = 'https://archive.org/search.php?query=%28' + urllib_parse.quote_plus(search) + '%29%20AND%20mediatype%3A%28movies%29&page=1'

The search has always been rather 'clunky' and inefficient. I've never been happy with the way it works.

The IA website has items listed in the order they were uploaded. I can easily have the items sorted alphabetically, but would leave this up to the user. I'll work to add an option in the settings.

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - AntiPontifex - 2021-09-06

(2021-09-06, 13:58)MetalChris Wrote:
(2021-09-06, 08:45)gujal Wrote:

Code:

The search has always been rather 'clunky' and inefficient. I've never been happy with the way it works.

The IA website has items listed in the order they were uploaded. I can easily have the items sorted alphabetically, but would leave this up to the user. I'll work to add an option in the settings.

If you are taking suggestions, sorting by the date uploaded would also be appreciated. Whatever happens, I am just glad work is being done on this excellent app again.

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - barney63 - 2021-09-06

It's great to have access to the very latest movies and stuff but being able to have access to historical content is pretty important too.
@gujal @MetalChris  can't thank you enough for this.

When searching with two or more words, try adding a plus sign between words, ie: two+or+more+words.

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - gujal - 2021-09-06

(2021-09-06, 19:45)MetalChris Wrote: When searching with two or more words, try adding a plus sign between words, ie: two+or+more+words.

urllib_parse.quote_plus applied to the search string does exactly that Smile

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - MetalChris - 2021-09-07

(2021-09-06, 23:13)gujal Wrote:
(2021-09-06, 19:45)MetalChris Wrote: When searching with two or more words, try adding a plus sign between words, ie: two+or+more+words.

urllib_parse.quote_plus applied to the search string does exactly that Smile

I think that would actually encode the space between words as %20. But that's an easy fix.

Any idea why the context menu items for downloading and displaying plot description don't work in Matrix? Line 550

Code:
liz.addContextMenuItems([('Download File', 'XBMC.RunPlugin(%s?mode=80&url=%s)' % (sys.argv[0], url)), ('Description', 'XBMC.RunPlugin(%s?mode=81&url=%s)' % (sys.argv[0], url))])]

I'd like to get those working again. Otherwise I'll just remove them.

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - gujal - 2021-09-07

(2021-09-07, 02:19)MetalChris Wrote: I think that would actually encode the space between words as %20. But that's an easy fix.

Any idea why the context menu items for downloading and displaying plot description don't work in Matrix? Line 550

Code:
liz.addContextMenuItems([('Download File', 'XBMC.RunPlugin(%s?mode=80&url=%s)' % (sys.argv[0], url)), ('Description', 'XBMC.RunPlugin(%s?mode=81&url=%s)' % (sys.argv[0], url))])]

urllib_parse.quote would turn spaces to %20 whereas urllib_parse.quote_plus will turn spaces to +
XBMC.RunPlugin is deprecated, needs to be just RunPlugin
Also Notification syntax is new as well
xbmcgui.Dialog().notification(Title, msg, icon, duration in ms, sound True or False)
All changes mentioned above will work on Kodi 18, 19, and 20

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - MetalChris - 2021-09-07

(2021-09-07, 02:45)gujal Wrote:
(2021-09-07, 02:19)MetalChris Wrote: I think that would actually encode the space between words as %20. But that's an easy fix.

Code:

urllib_parse.quote would turn spaces to %20 whereas urllib_parse.quote_plus will turn spaces to +
XBMC.RunPlugin is deprecated, needs to be just RunPlugin
Also Notification syntax is new as well
xbmcgui.Dialog().notification(Title, msg, icon, duration in ms, sound True or False)
All changes mentioned above will work on Kodi 18, 19, and 20

Thanks for the info! Apparently I've missed a lot in the last year. I'll get to work cleaning this up and making it functional again.

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - MetalChris - 2021-09-14

Thanks again to @gujal for getting the ball rolling with this.

I've got the plot descriptions and download features working again, and also added some sorting options in the add-on settings.

This version will not be available from my repo, though it is available on my add-ons page (link in signature).

Internet Archive [Video] - v 4.2.1

If you experience any errors or issues, please provide a link to a debug log (wiki).

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - AntiPontifex - 2021-09-15

(2021-09-14, 02:47)MetalChris Wrote: Thanks again to @gujal for getting the ball rolling with this.

I've got the plot descriptions and download features working again, and also added some sorting options in the add-on settings.

This version will not be available from my repo, though it is available on my add-ons page (link in signature).

Internet Archive [Video] - v 4.2.1

If you experience any errors or issues, please provide a link to a debug log (wiki).

Thank you very much, sir. I look forward to the day when all of your addons will be available for Matrix. Once again, thanks. Smile

RE: Internet Archive - archive.org - AntiPontifex - 2021-09-16

(2021-09-15, 14:23)AntiPontifex Wrote:
(2021-09-14, 02:47)MetalChris Wrote: Thanks again to @gujal for getting the ball rolling with this.

I've tired out the add-on: first of all, thanks! The overall search engine does not seem to be working for me: that's the only fault I've encountered thus far.
Could you add these categories: Speed Runs, Twitch Streams, Classic TV Commercials, Vintage Cartoons, and World of Longplays. Also, is there a way in python
to be able to add personal categories/selections to the add-on? If not to any of these, fine. I'm just glad to have the Internet Archive beack on Kodi. Thanks.