• 7(current)
Release Internet Archive - archive.org
MetalChris, just wondering if you have been looking at an Internet Archive addon for Kodi 19.  I haven't a clue of what would be involved but guess it's something to do with Python 3?  Is that a big job?  Thanks
(2020-09-13, 04:37)barney63 Wrote: MetalChris, just wondering if you have been looking at an Internet Archive addon for Kodi 19.  I haven't a clue of what would be involved but guess it's something to do with Python 3?  Is that a big job?  Thanks

I'll get to updating my add-ons for Python 3 eventually. I usually lag a couple of versions behind with Kodi anyway, so it's not really close to the top of my to-do list.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: LG Channels | Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2020-09-13, 17:38)MetalChris Wrote:
(2020-09-13, 04:37)barney63 Wrote: MetalChris, just wondering if you have been looking at an Internet Archive addon for Kodi 19.  I haven't a clue of what would be involved but guess it's something to do with Python 3?  Is that a big job?  Thanks

I'll get to updating my add-ons for Python 3 eventually. I usually lag a couple of versions behind with Kodi anyway, so it's not really close to the top of my to-do list.
Ok, thanks for responding.  I'm kind of in no man's land.  To get some things working (ie some IPTV streams) I have to use Kodi 19 but some of my favourite addons have yet to be ported to 19.  I can understand the reluctance to change (and have to maintain two sets of addons) until we see a lot more movement to 19.  Is updating an addon to Python 3 a big project, I'm curious to know.
Is this working on KODI 19? I can't get any of the DL links to load anything when I click on any of the "UPDATED VERSION" links found on the last two pages. Thank you guys.
(2021-07-23, 04:03)NoTanFightFan Wrote: Is this working on KODI 19? I can't get any of the DL links to load anything when I click on any of the "UPDATED VERSION" links found on the last two pages. Thank you guys.
No it is not working on Matrix. 

Tremendously disappointing because MetalChris has some of my favourite addons (CBC Sports/Internet Archive) and he himself has stated he stays several versions behind and isn't in any hurry to update them. 

In my opinion some very good resources for free and legal addons seem to be ignored in favour of the pay addons (Netflix, Disney etc) and the content aggregator services like Pluto and Plex which carry mostly the same channels.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all that the developers do but it would be nice as well if some of the older proven successful addons above were updated.  Just wish I knew what goes into updating an addon for Python 3 and Matrix.
(2021-07-23, 04:18)barney63 Wrote:
(2021-07-23, 04:03)NoTanFightFan Wrote: Is this working on KODI 19? I can't get any of the DL links to load anything when I click on any of the "UPDATED VERSION" links found on the last two pages. Thank you guys.
No it is not working on Matrix. 

Tremendously disappointing because MetalChris has some of my favourite addons (CBC Sports/Internet Archive) and he himself has stated he stays several versions behind and isn't in any hurry to update them. 

In my opinion some very good resources for free and legal addons seem to be ignored in favour of the pay addons (Netflix, Disney etc) and the content aggregator services like Pluto and Plex which carry mostly the same channels.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all that the developers do but it would be nice as well if some of the older proven successful addons above were updated.  Just wish I knew what goes into updating an addon for Python 3 and Matrix.

Too bad, but here's to hoping. I can understand the creators of these add-ons wanting their own lives. HaHa. I'm just selfish in wanting to use it now. Ha.
I figure all I can do is ask politely: would some please be kind enough to fix this addon for Matrix?
It is sorely missed: thanks to any and all who may undertake this project/or read this message.
I suppose if enough of us keep requesting and bumping this thread up sooner or later someone might "take pity on us" and get it working again.  Smile   As I posted previously I wish the true free and legal resources would get some additional love over the paid services but I get that that depends on what people define as cord cutting.
+1
(2021-08-29, 09:18)Eye in the sky Wrote: +1

@NoTanFightFan @AntiPontifex @barney63

I've installed Matrix on one of my systems and have begun working on an updated version of the IA Video add-on. As I've stepped away from add-on development for over a year, it took me about 3 hours just to get some basic functionality from the Video version. I need to get further acclimated with Python 3, but hopefully I'll have a beta version for Matrix available in a few days.

Anyone interested in an IA Audio version for Matrix will have to wait until after I get the Video version running to my satisfaction.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: LG Channels | Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2021-09-06, 02:38)MetalChris Wrote:
(2021-08-29, 09:18)Eye in the sky Wrote: +1

I've installed Matrix on one of my systems and have begun working on an updated version of the IA Video add-on. As I've stepped away from add-on development for over a year, it took me about 3 hours just to get some basic functionality from the Video version. I need to get further acclimated with Python 3, but hopefully I'll have a beta version for Matrix available in a few days.

Anyone interested in an IA Audio version for Matrix will have to wait until after I get the Video version running to my satisfaction.

The best news I've had all day: thank you, MetalChris. Smile
(2021-09-06, 03:48)AntiPontifex Wrote:  The best news I've had all day: thank you, MetalChris.

I will definitely second that.  Fantastic news, if you're able to upgrade some of your addons that will help take away the sting of losing Locast.

Speaking for myself I would also love to hear what goes into upgrading an addon.  I guess you can tell people appreciated and missed your addons. Smile
(2021-09-06, 02:38)MetalChris Wrote: I've installed Matrix on one of my systems and have begun working on an updated version of the IA Video add-on. As I've stepped away from add-on development for over a year, it took me about 3 hours just to get some basic functionality from the Video version. I need to get further acclimated with Python 3, but hopefully I'll have a beta version for Matrix available in a few days.

@MetalChris 
Please find attached a zip which has the addon updated to run on Leia, Matrix and Nexus. (same zip will install and run in all three versions). There is no change to code logic, no optimizations, just syntax changes to make it functional on newer versions of Kodi.
You can use this as base for your conversions, or do it your own way Smile

You can test this if it works alright for you

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zxfwwck6nhdtw2w/plugin.video.internetarchive-3.2.1.zip/file
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
I just installed plugin.video.internetarchive-3.2.1.zip (Win 7/Kodi 19.1) and it's working pretty well (with a few minor hiccups).  Thank you!
(2021-09-06, 07:20)barney63 Wrote: I just installed plugin.video.internetarchive-3.2.1.zip (Win 7/Kodi 19.1) and it's working pretty well with a few minor hiccups.  Thank you!
Would be interested to know what the hiccups were, was it related to skin settings? The code is written for confluence skin, i did not change anything to make it estuary compatible
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive - archive.org0