Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - removed151214 - 2014-11-06

(2014-11-05, 20:17)bokkoman Wrote: Hi. Since a few days I've been using the as my default nox skin. I'm missing my sub menus though. The bar below the main menu is there, but no options.

Everything else seem to work fine.
I'm using latest nightly of OE which uses kodi.

Please double-check you are on the latest nightly available - there was a bug in Kodi which would cause what you are experiencing (fixed shortly before Helix hit beta.) If you are on the latest nightly available, please post a link to a full debug log (wiki).

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - bokkoman - 2014-11-06

(2014-11-06, 02:54)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-11-05, 20:17)bokkoman Wrote: Hi. Since a few days I've been using the as my default nox skin. I'm missing my sub menus though. The bar below the main menu is there, but no options.

Everything else seem to work fine.
I'm using latest nightly of OE which uses kodi.

Please double-check you are on the latest nightly available - there was a bug in Kodi which would cause what you are experiencing (fixed shortly before Helix hit beta.) If you are on the latest nightly available, please post a link to a full debug log (wiki).

I'm using the latest nightly/ snapshot from openelec. It's helix compiled om 31oct, alpha 5.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - my4pm - 2014-11-06

(2014-11-04, 10:16)my4pm Wrote:
(2014-11-03, 17:18)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-11-03, 15:25)my4pm Wrote: First off, thanks for AN5 (and al previous AN before that). Love the skin!

Now the question...

Is it possible to specify a path where the cd-wall visualisation gets the tumbnails to use.
I believe this was possible before but I can't find anywhere to provide that in AN5.

I used to have a combination of cd cover tumbnails and artist tumbnails but currently it seems to fetch the cd covers from the db and shows some generic icon for albums without a cover. Not pretty :-(

Can't remember for sure, but I think CD Art Manager will let you add custom art to your db.

thanks for the tip. I could indeed create some custom covers for the albums that are missing one and use cd art manager to import them into the db, if that is what you mean.
That would get rid of the ugly generic thumbs but unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem.

By being able to specify a path for the thumbnails to use, I have full control over what goes in there and how the background cd-wall will look like. As mentioned before, I used to have a combination of album covers and artist thumbnails.
I also might want to exclude certain covers from appearing, eg, I own a fair amount of compilation albums and most of those covers are just 'not cool' enough to be on the wall.

So if anyone knows where to specify the path (or how to mod aeon 5 to be able to specify a path) I would love to hear it.

I do love Aeon NOX and the cd-wall is a big part of the reason I do. So hopefully someone can help.

turns out that how the CD Wall visualization is composed has been completely rewritten in Aeon Nox 5. Unfortunately it means you can no longer specify a path to a set of images to use. So I attempted to re-create the 'old school' CD Wall myself and by recreate I mean, take the original work of Ronie and make it fit into the masterpiece that is Aeon Nox 5.

I'm not a skinner by any measure, but it works for me.
You can find an explanation of what I did here http://pastebin.com/N8FQzu9F

for those who like to give it a try with minimum effort. You can download the edited files here https://mega.co.nz/#!xBpQRJKY!mrCd_pUVn5zd3t9O26Zel_PQvqngBq9lKZtKAfWHWAQ
Just copy over the existing ones. You might want to take a backup of the skin folder first just to make sure and to allow easy roll back.

Who knows, maybe the Aeon team might consider adding this back to the skin if there is enough love for it.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - removed151214 - 2014-11-06

(2014-11-06, 12:41)bokkoman Wrote: I'm using the latest nightly/ snapshot from openelec. It's helix compiled om 31oct, alpha 5.

Then you need to wait for a new nightly - the fix was merged into Kodi on Nov 2nd.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - kizzer31 - 2014-11-07

ok guys just noticed in my movies and tv shows the bottom bar background has gone so its now full screen fanart which is wicked, issue is on my tv shows its hard to see the unwatched and imdb rating etc down the bottom in logo view even when trying to change the background of the tv show to something darker still issues, is there anyway i can edit the xml somewhere so i can change the white text down the bottom to maybe red?

thank for any help or info people

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Warner306 - 2014-11-07

(2014-11-07, 00:05)kizzer31 Wrote: ok guys just noticed in my movies and tv shows the bottom bar background has gone so its now full screen fanart which is wicked, issue is on my tv shows its hard to see the unwatched and imdb rating etc down the bottom in logo view even when trying to change the background of the tv show to something darker still issues, is there anyway i can edit the xml somewhere so i can change the white text down the bottom to maybe red?

thank for any help or info people

I added similar "floating text" to my Logo view to put next aired information at the top of the screen. I have found that, regardless of the chosen background, some text will always be hard to read, no matter what color it is. Using some type of solid background image is the only way to make it look right in all circumstances. You can, however, add a black drop shadow to the white text, but it will never be perfectly legible against all images.

The code that makes the text and logos appear at the bottom of the screen (for TV shows, if you used my mod) is found in MyVideoNav.xml.

It begins with the following lines (Hint: Use search in Notepad++):

PHP Code:
<control type="group">
        <
visible>Control.IsVisible(59)</visible>
        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="40" time="720" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="Control.IsVisible(57)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="60" time="720" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="Control.IsVisible(55)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="80,15" time="720" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="Control.IsVisible(56)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="slide" tween="cubic" time="720" start="0,806" end="0,0">VisibleChange</animation>
        <
visible>[Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)]</visible

To add next aired information to the top of logo view, add the following code snippet directly after the above text:

PHP Code:
<control type="group">
    <
posx>660</posx>
    <
width>600</width>
    <
height>50</height>    
    <
control type="label">
        <
posy>65</posy>
        <
align>center</align>
        <
font>font13</font>
        <
textcolor>labelheader</textcolor>
        <
shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
        <
label>Next Episode$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextNumber),, - ]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextTitle)]</label>
        <
visible>Container.Content(tvshows) + !IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate))</visible>
    </
control>
    <
control type="label">
        <
posy>65</posy>
        <
align>center</align>
        <
font>font13</font>
        <
textcolor>labelheader</textcolor>
        <
        <
label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.Status)]</label>
        <
visible>Container.Content(tvshows) + !IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.LatestDate)) + IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate))</visible>
    </
control>
    <
control type="label">
        <
posy>105</posy>
        <
align>center</align>
        <
font>font13</font>
        <
textcolor>white</textcolor>
        <
        <
label>Airs$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate),, | ]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.AirTime)]</label>
        <
visible>Container.Content(tvshows) + !IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate))</visible>
    </
control>
</
control

The next lines after the pasted code should read:

<control type="group">
<include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>

The end result should look like this:

From there, add <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor> to each element at the bottom of the screen (studio, seasons, episodes, unwatched count, rating, etc.). This will place a black drop shadow underneath the white text to improve readability.

I would suggest leaving the background image instead, but you can try it.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - flowerpot - 2014-11-07

hi i am new at this sort of thing where go i get this skin from , is it all ready configured , it looks like a good skin are there any videos etc on how to get this and install it , will this skin let you see like addon channels as well from a external drive for movies and shows , thanks

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - wgstarks - 2014-11-07

(2014-11-07, 13:26)flowerpot Wrote: hi i am new at this sort of thing where go i get this skin from , is it all ready configured , it looks like a good skin are there any videos etc on how to get this and install it , will this skin let you see like addon channels as well from a external drive for movies and shows , thanks

To install the skin just go to System>Addons>Get Addons>Kodi.org>Skins>select Aeon Nox 5 and click install. If you get a prompt asking if you want to use this skin click Yes.

(2014-11-07, 15:33)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 13:26)flowerpot Wrote: hi i am new at this sort of thing where go i get this skin from , is it all ready configured , it looks like a good skin are there any videos etc on how to get this and install it , will this skin let you see like addon channels as well from a external drive for movies and shows , thanks

To install the skin just go to System>Addons>Get Addons>Kodi.org>Skins>select Aeon Nox 5 and click install. If you get a prompt asking if you want to use this skin click Yes.

thankyou for your reply i am using gotham 13.2 , does this work with gotham or do i have to put kodi on for this to work thanks

(2014-11-07, 16:06)flowerpot Wrote: thankyou for your reply i am using gotham 13.2 , does this work with gotham or do i have to put kodi on for this to work thanks
This will install the Gotham version. There is also a Helix version available if you decide to update in the future.

(2014-11-07, 16:14)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 16:06)flowerpot Wrote: thankyou for your reply i am using gotham 13.2 , does this work with gotham or do i have to put kodi on for this to work thanks
This will install the Gotham version. There is also a Helix version available if you decide to update in the future.

thankyou for your reply i have got aeon nox v 5.15 it has a space man on it , how do i get it like the first post thanks again for your help

There is a very good video in the first post that shows how to adjust skin settings to your preference.

(2014-11-07, 18:12)wgstarks Wrote: There is a very good video in the first post that shows how to adjust skin settings to your preference.

thankyou for your reply in the first post there seem to be some script files some are in zip format and some are not how do i install these files , thanks for your help

J
(2014-01-16, 00:03)BigNoid Wrote: You'll need the following scripts to make the most out of the skin (they should installed automatically when installing from repo):
- script.grab.fanart
- script.skinshortcuts
- service.library.data.provider
For movie sets I recommend using a video addon:
- plugin.moviesets

As it says, the required scripts were installed automatically if you installed from the Kodi repo. If you want to use bignoid's movieset plugin you can click the link, download the zip file and "Install From Zip".

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Edworld - 2014-11-08

What does the movieplugin do?