• 158(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-11-02, 14:30)NeBouse Wrote: Hi guys.

I might be blind but is there anywhere a simple button to press to update the database, as there was before ?
Now the only way i've found to do this, is restart my box, which is not very handy to be honest.
Did i miss anything ?
Any way to add that button in the context menu as it was before ?

Thx.

It's in the side menu (up arrow). You can also add it as a submenu if you like.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Damned...
Time to change my glasses i guess ^^
Thx for the tip, i totally missed it.
(2014-11-02, 15:03)NeBouse Wrote: Damned...
Time to change my glasses i guess ^^
Thx for the tip, i totally missed it.

I added it as a submenu item on my box just to make it handy.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yep i've done the same, really convenient this way.
Thx again.
First off, thanks for AN5 (and al previous AN before that). Love the skin!

Now the question...

Is it possible to specify a path where the cd-wall visualisation gets the tumbnails to use.
I believe this was possible before but I can't find anywhere to provide that in AN5.

I used to have a combination of cd cover tumbnails and artist tumbnails but currently it seems to fetch the cd covers from the db and shows some generic icon for albums without a cover. Not pretty :-(
(2014-11-03, 15:25)my4pm Wrote: First off, thanks for AN5 (and al previous AN before that). Love the skin!

Now the question...

Is it possible to specify a path where the cd-wall visualisation gets the tumbnails to use.
I believe this was possible before but I can't find anywhere to provide that in AN5.

I used to have a combination of cd cover tumbnails and artist tumbnails but currently it seems to fetch the cd covers from the db and shows some generic icon for albums without a cover. Not pretty :-(

Can't remember for sure, but I think CD Art Manager will let you add custom art to your db.
(2014-07-08, 14:41)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2014-07-07, 05:49)Mitch2025 Wrote: How come the Mixed Movies widget was removed and why does the recent episodes widget not give any options like before (I like having it show the 4 most recent episodes with thumbnails across the screen and you can scroll to see more)?
This is the reason I can't get used to using Nox as my default skin... still hoping they'll return someday Smile

I scrolled through and never found a response but the recent addition widget as is versus the old version or even the MQ version isn't as nice to me. Is there an easy way to port one of those displays over?
(2014-11-03, 20:13)japes Wrote: I scrolled through and never found a response but the recent addition widget as is versus the old version or even the MQ version isn't as nice to me. Is there an easy way to port one of those displays over?
Not sure what version of Kodi you're using but if it's Gotham you might want to take a look at Aeon Nox 4.1.9 Gotham. This is an update of the Frodo skin with most of the same features. You might find that it already has the features you want to port into AN5.
is there anyway to get next aired to show up at top of tv shows like you can in aeon nox 4.1.9 please?
I just installed the Kodi Beta and this skin is showing as incompatible.
Does anyone know if this is just a version number issue or if there was actually something added to the Beta that broke compatibility?
Any work-a-rounds?
(2014-11-04, 02:27)MrKuenning Wrote: I just installed the Kodi Beta and this skin is showing as incompatible.
Does anyone know if this is just a version number issue or if there was actually something added to the Beta that broke compatibility?
Any work-a-rounds?

Was it the 5.5 version from Github? I haven't really been keeping up with Helix, but that's the Helix version. Not sure if it's on the official repo.
(2014-11-03, 17:18)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-11-03, 15:25)my4pm Wrote: First off, thanks for AN5 (and al previous AN before that). Love the skin!

Now the question...

Can't remember for sure, but I think CD Art Manager will let you add custom art to your db.

thanks for the tip. I could indeed create some custom covers for the albums that are missing one and use cd art manager to import them into the db, if that is what you mean.
That would get rid of the ugly generic thumbs but unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem.

By being able to specify a path for the thumbnails to use, I have full control over what goes in there and how the background cd-wall will look like. As mentioned before, I used to have a combination of album covers and artist thumbnails.
I also might want to exclude certain covers from appearing, eg, I own a fair amount of compilation albums and most of those covers are just 'not cool' enough to be on the wall.

So if anyone knows where to specify the path (or how to mod aeon 5 to be able to specify a path) I would love to hear it.

I do love Aeon NOX and the cd-wall is a big part of the reason I do. So hopefully someone can help.
Hi there,

When I first started using this skin the song info (OSD) would always remain on the screen in the fullscreen music mode. Now when I listen to music, the info disappears after several seconds of playing a song or switching to a new song. How can I make it so that this display always appears on the music fullscreen display?

I understand that setting <songinfoduration>0</songinfoduration> in the advancedsettings.xml file in my userdata file is meant to do this. However, I have that line of code but it doesn't work, the song info / OSD continues to disappear after a few seconds.

I also understand that pressing 'i' makes the info appear on the screen indefinitely but I don't want to have to do this every time I select a song or each time I turn my HTPC on.

Many thanks.
Hi. Since a few days I've been using the as my default nox skin. I'm missing my sub menus though. The bar below the main menu is there, but no options.

Everything else seem to work fine.
I'm using latest nightly of OE which uses kodi.
BigNoid: I've tried just about all the skins that are in the official repo and then some... Amber, Refocus and most recently Confluence have been the only skins I've really liked. They married the ease of use and aesthics very well with XBMC/Kodi. Used Aeon Nox earlier and I liked it though I always felt it was cumbersome to configure it to my sepcific/picky preferences.

So today I fire up Kodi Beta 1 and downlod your skin.

WOW!

Too bad I can't make that font any bigger with the default reply buttons... I stopped my movie, came out here to find your thread and just tell you how great this skin has become! As an avid Kodi/XBMC enthusiast for quite a few years I really have to say you dotted every i on my list of preferences! The settings have become much more simplified and tidy and the interface and transitions aren't exaggerated. Very clean and easy on the eyes. Big kudos to you man!

PS: If I were to be really nitpicky, is it possible to move the media bar (when pausing a movie) to the bottom?

All in all, thank you a lot! Do you have a Paypal? Let me donate as a friendly thank you for really tying up my Kodi experience. Smile

Edit: Excuse me while I get back to my movie now! Wink
  • 158(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537