Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon Nox 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon Nox 5 (/showthread.php?tid=183504)

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Sabish - 2014-02-09

(2014-02-09, 12:05)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2014-02-09, 05:30)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2014-02-08, 13:29)BigNoid Wrote: hmm, i cant see that on my install. well I'll have another look. I'm using the flags now for a couple days and I'm starting to like them there. So it will probably be in next update.
I figured out the issue. With dirty regions enabled I had the flickering/ghosting of the logos. With it off it looks fine.

Code:
<gui>
   <algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
   <nofliptimeout>1000</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
Actually I take that back. Disabling dirty regions gets rid of the double ghosted icons, but there is still occasional flicker of old icons in the middle panel when switching between episode and series view, like I originally pointed out.

Did you actually remove thoses lines from your advancedsettings.xml ?

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - BigNoid - 2014-02-09

@Stindawg: I could reproduce with dirty regions on. Should be fixed now (use the same link) also with dirty regions on. Theres still a very short glitch between seasons/tvshows and episodes, but that is just the fade kicking in from the visible conditions.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - zag - 2014-02-09

(2014-02-05, 21:45)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-02-05, 21:20)zag Wrote: I've noticed the movie "sort by added" problem.

It works fine from the movies link, but not from other links to the movie library.

Okay, I probably know why this happens. Its because of linking to the video nodes.xml instead of forcing the library. Imo a bug in xbmc, but I'll change it back to the old way till thats fixed. For now change the default select action to "ActivateWindow(videos,movietitles,return)" to sort that problem.

This should now be fixed with the latest nightlies

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4159

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - bokkoman - 2014-02-09

Dear BigNoid,

Thanks for all the hard work on this skin! It is getting better with each release! Enjoying it alot,

I was wondering if you could make a "adjust subtitle sync" button in the button menu in video playback, like in aeon mq5 (which i used for a week before i found out yours were in preview).
And what about that same menu where it used to go directly to subtitles button when you press menu/ok, now it's on pause everytime i got to that menu.

Other than those small things, I'm a very happy user! Hope to see it to be complete soon.

Thanks alot.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - djhifi - 2014-02-10

(2014-02-07, 23:40)warlion Wrote:
(2014-02-07, 23:24)djhifi Wrote:
(2014-02-07, 22:40)BigNoid Wrote: If you provide a debug log (wiki) for the crashing of service.library.data.provider I can see what the problem is.

That means turning debug log on and send it to you?

(2014-02-07, 22:44)warlion Wrote: 1.- that correct

I can't even use the work ive done, altering the poster images on almost every movie (2020+) i have?

It will have to be done ALL OVER AGAIN?

How come?

settings-video-library-export library

LOL, i know that. I was asking if i cant use THAT, as you were saying i could not...strange answer of yours.

Shall i export to single file or multiple? (i have movies and tv shows on multiple HDD's in frodo)

I just want to keep the banners from tv shows and the covers from the movies (i edited them almost 1 by 1 )

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - Raytestrak - 2014-02-10

(2014-02-10, 00:14)djhifi Wrote: LOL, i know that. I was asking if i cant use THAT, as you were saying i could not...strange answer of yours.

Shall i export to single file or multiple? (i have movies and tv shows on multiple HDD's in frodo)

I just want to keep the banners from tv shows and the covers from the movies (i edited them almost 1 by 1 )

Separate (not multiple). If you export to a single file, all you get is a xml.file. Separate creates an export of all information and all artwork. Only works if you have everything correctly set up, though. If you have all your movies in a single folder, it will become a mess.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - reazorFX - 2014-02-10

(2014-02-09, 10:00)BigNoid Wrote: @reazorFX: Better to fix it in variables.xml. Changing the last value of GlobalBackground2Var:
Code:
<value condition="!SubString(Container(9033).ListItem.Thumb,LiveDVDCase,left)">$INFO[Container(9033).ListItem.Thumb]</value>

Yes, now it´s solved nicer.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - LUISM - 2014-02-10

AEON NOX is no longer AEON NOX.
The best we can say is NOX 5 is some kind of NOX 4 / CONFLUENCE unwanted son (with some Android genes).
Aeon Nox description 1st sentence is "Aeon Nox stands for eye candy and customization." but maybe this is no longer true regarding Nox 5.

I realy hope someone will do something with NOX 4 so it fully supports Gotham and implements all futur changes, even if that means to create a NOX replacement skin as NOX seems to replace Confluence itself.

All this basic graphics and functions from NOX 5 meant to be reactive on all these low capable Android devices and other rPI make me feel like we loose half of this previous skin version benefits.

If NOX 4 or some kind of suite wont fully work on Gotham i would rather keep Frodo than move on to NOX 5 (on its actual state of course).

I apologize to you BigNoid (as i'm more than gratefull for all the work you have done before) but NOX 5 really isn't for me, and it was also the opinion of all my friends when i showed them last/new version differences.

Confused

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - AeronNL - 2014-02-10

(2014-02-10, 11:19)LUISM Wrote: AEON NOX is no longer AEON NOX.
The best we can say is NOX 5 is some kind of NOX 4 / CONFLUENCE unwanted son (with some Android genes).
Aeon Nox description 1st sentence is "Aeon Nox stands for eye candy and customization." but maybe this is no longer true regarding Nox 5.

I realy hope someone will do something with NOX 4 so it fully supports Gotham and implements all futur changes, even if that means to create a NOX replacement skin as NOX seems to replace Confluence itself.

All this basic graphics and functions from NOX 5 meant to be reactive on all these low capable Android devices and other rPI make me feel like we loose half of this previous skin version benefits.

If NOX 4 or some kind of suite wont fully work on Gotham i would rather keep Frodo than move on to NOX 5 (on its actual state of course).

I apologize to you BigNoid (as i'm more than gratefull for all the work you have done before) but NOX 5 really isn't for me, and it was also the opinion of all my friends when i showed them last/new version differences.

Confused

I have to agree on this.
I too appreciate all the hard work BigNoid does, especially because i have no program skills at all, but i too started using Aeon Nox because of all the eye candy and the customization options, which make Aeon Nox one of the most appreciated and loved skins for XBMC.
To me Nox 5 seems like a big step back, to a more basic skin, of which are plenty around.
Granted, the speed is great and also the more simplistic look compared to Nox 4 is cool if you are into that, but personally i m a bit of disappointed.
I hope that Aeon Nox 4 will keep its fan base and that the people who created all the great mods will keep updating them.
Again, not trying to be rude or bashing, just my opinion!

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - neurosis13 - 2014-02-10

many people want a fast and slick aeon skin for their low power htpc and thats a valid course to take, confluence is not being liked by many people.
so replacing it with Nox 5 someday is a great idea.

Nox 4 is being worked on again by Warlion and being ported to Gotham.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185290

(2014-02-10, 11:45)neurosis13 Wrote: many people want a fast and slick aeon skin for their low power htpc and thats a valid course to take, confluence is not being liked by many people.

That shoud be a reason to create a new Aeon Light skin but not to remove all the improvements from Nox 4 and call it Nox 5.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - prawnee - 2014-02-10

(2014-02-10, 11:55)LUISM Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 11:45)neurosis13 Wrote: many people want a fast and slick aeon skin for their low power htpc and thats a valid course to take, confluence is not being liked by many people.

That shoud be a reason to create a new Aeon Light skin but not to remove all the improvements from Nox 4 and call it Nox 5.

If you want to help port Nox 4 over to Gotham then you're more then welcome, however BigNoid is working on Nox 5 and ultimately what go's into it is his choice.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - neurosis13 - 2014-02-10

(2014-02-10, 11:55)LUISM Wrote:

i agree, it's a bit confusing.

RE: Aeon Nox 5 (Gotham) - capfuturo - 2014-02-10

Yes he is, and to my understanding he is working actively in adding full support for add-ons that provide a richer and more rewarding user experience such as new VideoExtras and new TvTunes. Obviously this design is meant to take advantage of computing power that is reasonably in line with the times we live in.

(2014-02-10, 12:01)prawnee Wrote: If you want to help port Nox 4 over to Gotham then you're more then welcome, however BigNoid is working on Nox 5 and ultimately what go's into it is his choice.

If your opinion is "It's not up to me nor to you" it's fine by me but mine isn't, and i think i have the right to express it as much as you do.